Today was the first time...

Arizona

Complete the above sentence.

... I've been to a cup final involving Saints

... I've been to Wembley

... I've seen us score 4 away from home

... I've seen Saints win a trophy

... I've been in a Mexican wave

... I've seen anything close to 44,000 Saints fans in one building.

Only the bottom one for me. The first time I've missed us score a goal at Wembley though. due to the incompetent muppets serving in the food bars at half-time!

I think from a previous thread I read that today was the first time Wiltshire Saint left the county of his birth.

Well played that man - it must have been a fairly daunting experience, but I hope you enjoyed your day out!

Yeah, I read that too. And he is, like, 59 or something. Imagine never having travelled outside your county - ever!

Yeah, I read that too. And he is, like, 59 or something. Imagine never having travelled outside your county - ever!

My Gran lived to 98 and never went out of Dorset or Hants.She was born in Weymouth and lived most of her life in Bournemouth. She left Dorset to visit us in Southampton, but other than that never really left Dorset. We tried to take her to London once, but she refused to go.

Today was the first time at a competitive game this season I saw a somewhat sour looking Leon Crouch outside the stadium followed by a strangley apologetic looking and smirking Lawrie McMenemy. They were about 10metres apart one following the other and looked curiously odd and out of sorts with their surroundings. No one acknowledged their presence and if they did the muted boos for Cortese were louder.

Perhaps it was a culture shock from Stoneham Lane or concern of being identified as our biggest plastic fans only there for the day out and preventing more regular match day fans from attending. Still that's the joy of Corporate football I suppose and means Lawrie can still enjoy the big occasion presumably hanging on to the last vestiges of his celebrity status or the coat tails of his wealthy and embarrassed looking friend. You may have missed them as there was nothing to suggest they were red and white not even a scarf or badge.

It was also the first time I heard MLT make comments on the radio after the game that were clearly out of step with the majority of the fanbase. MLT thinks there maybe a risk Cortese will replace his manager and whilst I didn't see the Sky coverage judging by the comments of those who did he allegedly weighed in to the Cortese/Pardew rift debate and judging by his comments I head on the radio he is clearly on the side of the latter and has concerns over the CEO's expectations.

It's the first time then that the evidence of the winds of change have finally blown through this club for good and past 'legends' and 'benefactors' left to dine on dust and sour grapes.

What a pathetic post.

And how did they prevent 'more regular match day fans from attending'? I think you'll find that was down to the way Wembley ticketing is organised. And, anyway, you will find elsewhere on this forum that it has been categorically stated that anyone who "deserved" a ticket got one.

Today was the first time at a competitive game this season I saw a somewhat sour looking Leon Crouch outside the stadium followed by a strangley apologetic looking and smirking Lawrie McMenemy. They were about 10metres apart one following the other and looked curiously odd and out of sorts with their surroundings. No one acknowledged their presence and if they did the muted boos for Cortese were louder.

Perhaps it was a culture shock from Stoneham Lane or concern of being identified as our biggest plastic fans only there for the day out and preventing more regular match day fans from attending. Still that's the joy of Corporate football I suppose and means Lawrie can still enjoy the big occasion presumably hanging on to the last vestiges of his celebrity status or the coat tails of his wealthy and embarrassed looking friend. You may have missed them as there was nothing to suggest they were red and white not even a scarf or badge.

It was also the first time I heard MLT make comments on the radio after the game that were clearly out of step with the majority of the fanbase. MLT thinks there maybe a risk Cortese will replace his manager and whilst I didn't see the Sky coverage judging by the comments of those who did he allegedly weighed in to the Cortese/Pardew rift debate and judging by his comments I head on the radio he is clearly on the side of the latter and has concerns over the CEO's expectations.

It's the first time then that the evidence of the winds of change have finally blown through this club for good and past 'legends' and 'benefactors' left to dine on dust and sour grapes.

Thank you 19C/Sundance Beast/Flashman.

Thank you 19C/Sundance Beast/Flashman.

View from the Top? The poster who likes to think he is always right but merely writes more robustly than others to convince himself of his invincible self-belief. Wrong again and if I am the same as these posters or Mornington Crescent or any of the others I have been accused of being then why am I still posting?

Just because I agree with some of the stuff they post doesn't mean I am them even despite in some instances I share the same connection but is that against the rules? Can members of the same family use different usernames? You probably still live at home with your Mum doesn't she use the tinternet and have a username thingy or is she a Man U fan as well?

It's amusing at times how some posters choose to bury their heads from reality or turn away from difficult issues. The Cortese boos is one prime example and the fact MLT had some empathy with those booing but it is mind boggling to read people suggest it was to do with the dreaded mexican wave when it was during the on pitch build up before the kick off.

Then the two big plastics turn up for the glory game as witnessed by those outside the stadium. Had they been small time fans they would have been slated and all you choose to do is to try and deflect focus from some worthy points. Are you living in denial VFTT? Supporting Man U is so much easier don't you think but Saints are great for a bit of profile raising as you're no doubt a little boy lost at Old Trafford or on the Manc forums. Still, your team are looking good for another view from the top at the end of the season and anything is better than Chelsea as Arsenal will probably run out of steam with the Barcelona games, pity.

Hope the yellow and green doesn't confuse you as COYRs is wonderfully generic don't you think?

View from the Top? The poster who likes to think he is always right but merely writes more robustly than others to convince himself of his invincible self-belief. Wrong again and if I am the same as these posters or Mornington Crescent or any of the others I have been accused of being then why am I still posting?

Just because I agree with some of the stuff they post doesn't mean I am them even despite in some instances I share the same connection but is that against the rules? Can members of the same family use different usernames? You probably still live at home with your Mum doesn't she use the tinternet and have a username thingy or is she a Man U fan as well?

It's amusing at times how some posters choose to bury their heads from reality or turn away from difficult issues. The Cortese boos is one prime example and the fact MLT had some empathy with those booing but it is mind boggling to read people suggest it was to do with the dreaded mexican wave when it was during the on pitch build up before the kick off.

Then the two big plastics turn up for the glory game as witnessed by those outside the stadium. Had they been small time fans they would have been slated and all you choose to do is to try and deflect focus from some worthy points. Are you living in denial VFTT? Supporting Man U is so much easier don't you think but Saints are great for a bit of profile raising as you're no doubt a little boy lost at Old Trafford or on the Manc forums. Still, your team are looking good for another view from the top at the end of the season and anything is better than Chelsea as Arsenal will probably run out of steam with the Barcelona games, pity.

Hope the yellow and green doesn't confuse you as COYRs is wonderfully generic don't you think?

LOL. Nice try 19C.