JPT Final - match thread for those that couldnt go :-(

sfcuk fan

Am I the only one that doesnt care? Its a mickey mouse cup, its for teams that arent good enough to win competitions that actually matter. No one in the Premiership or Championship cares. We're supposed to be a team thats too good to be in League 1, so why do we care? Obviously I'm glad we won, but lets concentrate on getting promotion.

Same here. Think Cortese got the message about Pardew's standing with the fans. Well done all.

Yep, fans really got the message over in support of Pardew.

Big cheer for Markus when shown on the screen but subdued response and tinge of booing for Cortese.

Support for Pardew was almost palpable when he went up the steps and you could feel the fans waiting for him to lift the cup and huge cheers when he did.

Fabulous to see Southampton winners message on the big screen. We need more days like this!

Rickie and both full backs were outstanding and Adam and both centre backs as well... hell they all were today!!!

Well done Saints, brilliant day and brilliant support too. This really feels like it could be the cathartic moment that is the start of the new beginning for this football club. A moment to finally sweep away all the baggage of the recent past and believe in ourselves once again.

Only eight months ago we were staring into the abyss and today we stand as CHAMPIONS parading a hard won cup around Wembley stadium. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, but long live the new Saints...

:D :D :D

Am I the only one that doesnt care? Its a mickey mouse cup, its for teams that arent good enough to win competitions that actually matter. No one in the Premiership or Championship cares. We're supposed to be a team thats too good to be in League 1, so why do we care? Obviously I'm glad we won, but lets concentrate on getting promotion.

I think that the 73,468 who turned up might disagree. I think we would all swap this for promotion but it's better than nothing.

Well done Saints.

I am ever so sorry for this and please don't take it too personally as i believe we are ALL entitled to our opinions and i fully support what you have to say, and appreciate you right to say it.

But **** you and the horse you rode in on.

That said, i hope you don't take it personally and you fully understand my right to disagree.

Glad you coud watch the match though

Am I the only one that doesn't care? Its a mickey mouse cup, its for teams that aren't good enough to win competitions that actually matter. No one in the Premiership or Championship cares. We're supposed to be a team that's too good to be in League 1, so why do we care? Obviously I'm glad we won, but lets concentrate on getting promotion.

Simple answer yes.

We are for once WINNERS & it feels good even though its a mickey mouse cup. So for one day I do care as it has made me & many more Saints fans feel good. Lets hope we are celebrating a more important Wembley win in the not to distant future. Just enjoy the day for what it is, but enjoy WINNING whatever the competition.:partyman::drinkers: forget what it is & enjoy for a few hours.

Yes I think you are. For the rest of us the last five years have been unbearable. We have watched on as the team we love has slipped down and down and down to almost non-existent. Today that decline came to an end, it marked the turning point. OK, it may only be a paint pot to you but it was a symbol of victory over five years of adversity. We may still have a long way to go to get back to the top (well near it anyway) but at least we have stopped going down. Any real Saints would care that we won today and will look forward with anticipation. But you? You are on the other side of the world and perhaps have not fully appreciated quite what it has been like here recently. So please care, be glad, and be patient for the recovery has started and today confirmed that.

superb...did not think we played that well and hoof'd the ball alot..but who the hell cares

4-1...well done everyone

Don't forget that this team apart from Fonte, are all pre-Jan transfer, so as AP said after the game it has been quite a while since they had all played together.