JPT Final - match thread for those that couldnt go :-(

sfcuk fan

Hey Guys. You like this feeling. You like Wembley.

Let's win these last games and come back ;)

I feel it's strangely possible now. Hope they do too.

F*cking A.

I am more optimistic than this morning that we can do it.

The players will have enjoyed the taste of the big-time today, and will want more.

Brighton will have a game on their hands on Thursday. Gus Poyet not withstanding.

That was a great afternoon. Rushed in from work; came on here to find a link to watch on-line; opened link and found we were 1-0 up; had a fair few vodkas whilst cheering like mad at everything; loved seeing the smile on Markus' face (thanks Markus); loved it even more when the trrophy was raised; and even more still when Papa ran to touch it (IMO he has been the main man for us in the tournament).

All in all, what an excellent feeling and an excellent day!!!!

COYS

(And thanks again to the person who posted the link!)

Never thought I'd live to see Saints lift a trophy, what a feeling!!!! Was born in '73 and didn't start supporting Saints until 1981. Well done boys, some may think this is a Mickey Mouse trophy, but we beat everyone we faced and deserve a bit of glory. Hope that common sense prevails and we keep Alan and the squad together for more great days like this.

It's tough being all the way over here (in Canada) while the celebrations are going on over there, bloody proud of my team though even if I am a filthy ex-pat...

Must say, Mills had a great game. Lambert ruled the roost and Lalana was also great.

Really nice to see waigo and Antonio get on the score-sheet - just goes to show not a bad signing amongst the bunch by AP :)

Excellent result, shame about the Carlisle goal but COYR! :D

Obviously from over here I do not get to see Saints too often, but I have to agree Mills was excellent, I managed to get a stream from Justin tv and watched the entire second half, they cut it short at the end and went to sky sports news which was unfortunate; however, great to see Saints coming out of Wembley 4-1 winners, must pull out my old Saints shirt and go to the pub this afternoon and celebrate.

Get in there!!!!!! So ****ing great to watch saints climb the stairs at wembley and lift a trophy of any kind!!! Lets push on to the playoffs!!! Win our game in hand and its 9 points to make up with 24 to play for.... COYFR!!!!!!

Dead right, I for one did not realise how big that trophy was, is our trophy cabinet big enough to hold it? If it aint I am sure Marcus will have a new one made.

I can't believe where we are now compared to when I last got to see Saints on a wet and windy saturday against Watford and all that's happened since last summer. Just amazing. Southampton are well and truly back with a massive bang. Watched the game here in Australia and Im as pleased and proud as anything. Come On You Saints. God bless you Markus, Nic, Alan, the playing staff, back room staff and every Southampton tragic out there. Love it.

Davis - 7 - Atrocious distribution but otherwise very solid

Harding - 9 - Didn't give their winger a sniff, brilliant barring one error

Fonte - 8 - Excellent

Jaidi - 7 - Gave away one or two sloppy free kicks but otherwise very good

Mills - 7 - Bit prone to hoofing but very good

Wotton - 6 - Bit anonymous but solid

Hammond - 8 - Worked very hard, constantly closing down

Lallana - 9 - Link up play superb, could have had a hat trick if not for their keeper

Papa Waigo - 7 - Very easy finish for his goal, I can't recall him being offside :shock:

Lambert - 9 - His mere presence, let alone excellent play scared the living daylights out fo their defence

Antonio - 8 - Gave the Carlisle defence a torrid time, quality goal

Edited by JackFrost

A big thankyou for posting that Sky 2 Sports thread. I was resigned to reading the BBC teleprinter every two minutes but received the full match live (and free !).

Only trouble was that there was no sound, but the goals made up for it.

Better go to bed, it's 2am Monday here in Sydney and work calls shortly ! Cheers again.

Fantastic - and importantly DECISIVE - result. Great to watch it - albeit on a dodgy internet stream - but sad that it then cut off before the trophy was paraded round Wembley as I hoped to see all my mates in the crowd.

Well done to the players and AP and a BIG up to all the supporters who created what looked and sounded like an utterly brilliant atmosphere. High-fives to each and every MF-ing one of ya!

Never thought I'd live to see Saints lift a trophy, what a feeling!!!! Was born in '73 and didn't start supporting Saints until 1981. Well done boys, some may think this is a Mickey Mouse trophy, but we beat everyone we faced and deserve a bit of glory. Hope that common sense prevails and we keep Alan and the squad together for more great days like this.

It's tough being all the way over here (in Canada) while the celebrations are going on over there, bloody proud of my team though even if I am a filthy ex-pat...

Same here. It's 10pm and I'm sat alone outside on my terrace - I guess the neighbours think I'm mad! Not a lot of red and white here ( lot's of reds) but who cares?

Thank you for the links to streaming sites whoever put them up. I was at least able to watch the stuttering coverage!

I was there in '76 and had a season ticket for 20+ years through thick and thin. I'm entitled to my moment of glory here (and f**k you that think I'm not).

Anyway, got to go to the local bar and explain my sudden happiness - well done Saints!