Skacel MUST play!

simo

I agree. Jan P was complaining that there were no decent balls in from the wings on Saturday, yet he doesn't even put our best crosser in the squad.

Rudi is the best LW/LM at the club (especially with Holmes out injured). IMO he is also the best LB at the club. If Lallana is to be played wide right, Rudi is the next best player to play at AM.

He needs to be in the team if we want to win matches.

And if anybody says he is not being picked because he does not want to be here/does not want to play for Saints can you please back this up with some hard evidence (i.e. a recent quote from Rudi himself saying this). Otherwise it is simply your opinion.

what makes you think j p will play rudi?as he refused to move on to ipswich earlyer on this ,so blowin any chance of bring any money in ,he wont forget that for shore.

Can you honestly blame him for not going? They offered half of what he was on here!

Surely if the only reason we are not playing him is because we wanted to sell him and he wouldnt go and this is a punishment / plus appearance money, then the situation is hilarious and has backfired on Saints to be fair and we should utilise him

As usual we're not being told why he's not playing, which leads me to assume that we cannot afford his appearance money. Or he's sulking. Either way, we're being mushroomed - kept in the dark and fed on poopoo.

Come on Saints - if you expect us to turn up, do the decent thing and try and communicate!

As usual we're not being told why he's not playing, which leads me to assume that we cannot afford his appearance money. Or he's sulking. Either way, we're being mushroomed - kept in the dark and fed on poopoo.

Come on Saints - if you expect us to turn up, do the decent thing and try and communicate!

Well you can dismiss the "sulk" theory. Lowe would make that perfectly clear to the press (probabaly a sneaky leak) to divert blame away from him if it were the case.

Nope, its the good 'ole pay/money issue rearing its head again....

Just goes to show how blinkered Lowe is if he cannot see that playing Skacel might pay for itself through attendance increases with results..

Does he warrant 4k appearqance money on his performances so far for us.I cant recall many if anyt games he did so.

I expect that is irrelevant. It is more likely a case of what do WE have to do to get Barclays bank to ALLOW us to spend 4k on one appearance?.....

(and yes I know the obvious riposte to the bank, but do you guys out there expect an ACCOUNTANT to understand!)

Meanwhile, down at the lunatic asylum (otherwise known as SMS) :

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3694972.Plan_B_for_Poortvliet/

Doesnt even mention Rudi.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The bloke who washes the cars at the cement works heard a rumour that he may not even be in the country.

Sooo - anyone seen him at training lately?

The player who had the higest level of assists during the playoff season ?

Noooo. never played well for us. :rolleyes:

Are you paid to spread Lowe's propganda ?

He did take corners and free kicks so perhaps that may have something to do with it. Perahps you could inform us which game he played well in , as I say I cant recall him playuing out of his skin in a game, let me know which one so I may remember.

The player who had the higest level of assists during the playoff season ?

Noooo. never played well for us. :rolleyes:

Are you paid to spread Lowe's propganda ?

No Skacel didn't have the higest level of assists during the playoff season. Skacel had 8 Bale had 9.

And to show how meaningless this statistic is Dyer was our leading assister last season. Dyer achieved his 7 assists in just 18 appearances while Skacel had 8 in 39 appearances in our playoff season. If you're using assists to justify Skacel's inclusion then Dyer must play as his assist ratio is far better. :rolleyes:

It seems the longer a player is out of the team the better he becomes in the fans memories. I remember Oakley improving in peoples estimation while he was out injured but the reality hit home when he recovered and started playing. People were evevn looking forward to Darren Powell recovering from injury last season.

No Skacel didn't have the higest level of assists during the playoff season. Skacel had 8 Bale had 9.

And to show how meaningless this statistic is Dyer was our leading assister last season. Dyer achieved his 7 assists in just 18 appearances while Skacel had 8 in 39 appearances in our playoff season. If you're using assists to justify Skacel's inclusion then Dyer must play as his assist ratio is far better. :rolleyes:

And Dyer's had his chance this season - and was shiiit. Rudi hasnt.

Yes.

Quite what it means, I don't know - for all I know it might just be a restart of his original contract following his loan spell at Hertha Berlin.

sounds about right. Presumably it was in part to lift his signing price with Ipswich, but since that has fallen through (possibly because) we can't afford to pay him the extra - ie the appearance money as stipulated in said new contract (or even the old one). Confused? I think we all are.

He might not be brilliant or even a team player but right now we could do with the experience.

Have you seen Skacel in training? Or at a reserve game? Just wondered, as the coach who picks the team has, but obviously you know better. If Skacel is performing he'll get in the side.

PS. The coach picks the team, the board does not, but spreading totally false rumours is always a good way to rubbish the club you appear to follow - but don't actually support.

With Holmes out we need Skacel or Surman left. We had great balance with a left footer out there and we badly miss it.

Don't understand why Rudi isn't considered. He's a great player.

I don't believe any of the rubbish about appearance money, as not playing him reduces our chances of selling or loaning him anyway and just means longer paying his wages.

Maybe there is bad blood between JP and Rudi.

I heard some interesting news regarding Skacel a couple of days ago.

On the latest FA bulletin, it seemed to suggest that he had signed a new contract on 7th August...

I'm fairly sure I remember someone saying on SkySports that when a player is loaned abroad then technically he signs a permanent contract for the team, for the length of the loan period. Then when the period ends, the player re-signs back with the parent team permanently. That's why loan signings from abroad don't count towards the number you can have in match day squads.

However, if I'm wrong I look forward to being corrected. :rolleyes:

Someone did say the other day that if we'd seen him in training we'd know why he isn't playing. Declined to elucidate when questioned I believe.

You mean this post?

go and watch training and you will see why skacel is not playing

Did we get an elucidation? All I can say is that Blackstock must be sh!t-hot in training!

Know what? if I were JP and Rupert, I'd play the tonker, whatever his state of form and physical readiness, it's a win win situation. If he's any good it's a bonus, if he's fat,crap and sulking it would just shut all the whiners up.

2-4-6-8***K well spent. ** Delete as applicable.

Dyer has had one start and three sub appearances after half a season out with injury, not to mention the court case hanging over him. I think he needs to be cut a little slack rather than chucked on the scrap heap.

As badly as Skacel appears to have been treated, hasn't he been injured anyway? Is he even fit now?

Well you can dismiss the "sulk" theory. Lowe would make that perfectly clear to the press (probabaly a sneaky leak) to divert blame away from him if it were the case.

Nope, its the good 'ole pay/money issue rearing its head again....

Just goes to show how blinkered Lowe is if he cannot see that playing Skacel might pay for itself through attendance increases with results..

Why can you dismiss the sulk theory?

Could it just as easily not be the fact that JP only wanted players who were likely to stay for the season? Hence the initial reason for Skacel not being included in the squad? After the transfer window did he not get injured? Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

If he is unmotivated to play (due to Saints being numbskulls and saying he can go! So its our own fault really) then I shouldn't see why its a problem him not being involved in playing IMO.

Also I think this appearance money thing is getting blown out of all proportion. I'm sorry but £4k for an appearance/win bonus? Yeah right!

This leads me to think its more down to his attitude and wether JP rates him or not.

Either way I think he'll go out on loan soon.

Edited by Johnny Shearer

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10651

"Morgan is 50-50 for the weekend, while Gillett won't play until next week," said Poortvliet. "Rudi is working on his fitness for the moment in training. He needs some games in the reserves before he is ready for the first team."

Makes you wonder why he was in the squad on Tuesday really doesn't it?

Honestly.

I think the only saving grace at the moment is that this farce isn't being played out in the media like Newcastle's.

I'd love it if they came down!

I am guessing (Thinking back to the never ending contract negociations) that a large part of his salary is based on apperances, wins, goals, assists etc.

Maybe we can't afford to play him

Skacel contract (being for 4 years) is probably pretty complex.

His contract at Marseille (from hearsay) was very very intricate.

It could be that it's something like performance rated AFTER a certain time

or that there was a clause in it about emolument diminishing if we weren't promoted. All I know is that,according to someone who just might be right,he ASKED(in writing) to be loaned out last January to play a better standard of football to enhance his chances of selection for the Euro 2008.