Saints v Hartlepool first half, halftime and second half thread.

dubai_phil

Has it ever occured to you and others like you, that maybe the opposition do their homework on US (hence Swindons master-class at winning the tactical battle against us), whilst we simply dont bother and hence have an inadequate response to the way certain teams play ?

I can imagine the attitude in the playing squad - "Its only Tranmere/Brentford/Exeter/Wycombe/Hartlepool*"

*delete as applicable.

Seriously doubt it - after the way AP pointed out how this had been missing when he first arrived

Alps, I think the reason you attract so much criticism is that you don't seem to allow ANY leeway for the fact that sometimes, sh!t happens, or that opposition teams play well and get goals that their play deserve, or that tactics and their outcomes are a not something to which there is a right or wrong answer.

You come across as thinking that every single thing that goes against Saints could and should've been prevented, and that as a result someone must be blamed.

IMO, (and I would wager a large % of others' too) football, and indeed life, is not, and never will be, like that. There are too many variables, and if we could predict these things and plan for them as accurately as you seem to demand, then football wouldn't be football. It would be a procession of predictability, that no one would watch.

Yes, exactly.

It's like reading the tantrums of an three year old. Thank you for articulating the point fully because I really couldn't be bothered.