Saints v Hartlepool first half, halftime and second half thread.

dubai_phil

One way of looking at it.

The other way is that AP made a colossal f**k-up going into the game.

Do managers do their homework on the upcoming opposition any more ?

Mostly I don't agree with the drivel that Alpine posts but this one I do agree with. Too many times recently we've had to have a goal against us to start playing. Why wait? Seems that the opposing manager has done his homework and second guessed APs formation and tactics and takes an early lead. Once AP then sees how the other team are spoiling it he changes tactics and we start to get a foot hold again.....

However, unlike AS, I would like to say we're gonna win this and COYR. (5-1 is my only bet left so please please please)

Normally I judge the managers decsions by the end of the game.

Maybe AP was experimenting.

I really dont get what the point of a site is where everyone has to say the same thing lest they be on the receiving end of a torrent of abuse....

Although i think you jumped the gun a bit tonight, i generally agree with the above. And personal abuse at that.

ikks-grey-jumper.jpg

022418_425195ec.jpg

So Exeter, Brentford, Wycombe and Tranmere were all weekend games were they ?

I said we were sh*t mid-week, not that we lose mid-week.

Transmere was Saturday, in this country that is weekend. We didn't lose any of the others. How does that make us **** in midweek games? You couldn't make it up, the drivel your write sometimes (other times you talk a lot of sense, such as your opinions of Burley).

Alps, I think the reason you attract so much criticism is that you don't seem to allow ANY leeway for the fact that sometimes, sh!t happens, or that opposition teams play well and get goals that their play deserve, or that tactics and their outcomes are a not something to which there is a right or wrong answer.

You come across as thinking that every single thing that goes against Saints could and should've been prevented, and that as a result someone must be blamed.

IMO, (and I would wager a large % of others' too) football, and indeed life, is not, and never will be, like that. There are too many variables, and if we could predict these things and plan for them as accurately as you seem to demand, then football wouldn't be football. It would be a procession of predictability, that no one would watch.

Whilst I expect supporters from every end of the spectrum to be present on a forum like this, in my few weeks of being a member here in general I find the response to someone having an opinion different to someone else is met with pathetic responses.

Instead of having a reasoned disagreement people just degenerate their response into half-witted sarcastic comments that turn this place into a farce.

Has it always been like this?

Whilst I expect supporters from every end of the spectrum to be present on a forum like this, in my few weeks of being a member here in general I find the response to someone having an opinion different to someone else is met with pathetic responses.

Instead of having a reasoned disagreement people just degenerate their response into half-witted sarcastic comments that turn this place into a farce.

Erm, yes. :)

Weclome, btw.

Most forums are and this is no exception. Best thing is to simply ignore those who can't give reasoned responses, but that's easier said than done for many people, hence it breaks down into the pathetic spats you've seen.

Right Second Half coming up. The good news of course is that most of us won't have to worry about Sunday's Match Thread getting sidetracked.

Who set up the Big Dave fan club then?

Every other txt tonight is giving him love, and Tina from Eastbourne sent him kisses...

Lol Big Dave scores!

Has it always been like this?[/QUOTE]

only for the past.......

actually, yes. yes it has!

now f*** off...!! :smt076

:D

Yes and come 9:45 you will not be able to speak unless you went to the game.

(even if you normally go, but were at work/being operated on/getting chew

I agree. He should have read the teamsheet when it was made available to him last Wednesday.....

Has it ever occured to you and others like you, that maybe the opposition do their homework on US (hence Swindons master-class at winning the tactical battle against us), whilst we simply dont bother and hence have an inadequate response to the way certain teams play ?

I can imagine the attitude in the playing squad - "Its only Tranmere/Brentford/Exeter/Wycombe/Hartlepool*"

*delete as applicable.

Has it ever occured to you and others like you, that maybe the opposition do their homework on US (hence Swindons master-class at winning the tactical battle against us), whilst we simply dont bother and hence have an inadequate response to the way certain teams play ?

I can imagine the attitude in the playing squad - "Its only Tranmere/Brentford/Exeter/Wycombe/Hartlepool*"

*delete as applicable.

As you say, perhaps he read the team sheet and felt that the change of tactics was the way to go.

If you had been here the whole time Alpine has then you wouldn't be saying that. He believes that people who don't go to games often have more right to comment and give opinions on saints performances than people who do go. Mad as a box of frogs.

If you had been here the whole time Alpine has then you wouldn't be saying that. He believes that people who don't go to games often have more right to comment and give opinions on saints performances than people who do go. Mad as a box of frogs.

Has he actually said that or are you just reading between the lines? (!)