feliciano condesso, kyle critchell,

mike poate,

kevin gibbens,

andrew mcneil,

adam wallace,

mike williamson,

andy williams,

phil warner....couldnt really think of many, sh*t me i am sad

Is my cousin and now plays for Totton, my claim to fame.

Abdul Kamara? Remember him because for some reason my old man kept a cutting from the football echo on the youngsters that Saints had signed. He said he would see how many made it! I think no one did but Kamara was highly regarded at this time?

He was a hell of talent, had the ability to be a top top player. He went to Leeds as a makeweight in the Wallace' transfer but didn't make it. IIRC he came back here and got sent off for smacking someone in a reserve game or trial game.

Out of interest anyone remember the name of that Aussie kid who was touted as the next big thing (I don't mean scott macdonald, was years before him).

Tijuana, yeah that was Mark Peters, he played with Scott McDonald a lot. Seem to remember at the time both got a bit too big for their boots (Peters particularly). Didn't McDonald have a massive falling out with WGS? Remember him playing in the League Cup against Brighton on 9/11 and scoring a couple, then he barely played for us again.

He was a hell of talent, had the ability to be a top top player. He went to Leeds as a makeweight in the Wallace' transfer but didn't make it. IIRC he came back here and got sent off for smacking someone in a reserve game or trial game.

Out of interest anyone remember the name of that Aussie kid who was touted as the next big thing (I don't mean scott macdonald, was years before him).

That was Jay 'the next Harry Kewell' Lucas saw him play for the kids in an FA youth cup game at Derby and didn't think he was up to much.

Abdul Kamara? Remember him because for some reason my old man kept a cutting from the football echo on the youngsters that Saints had signed. He said he would see how many made it! I think no one did but Kamara was highly regarded at this time?

He was the year above me. Quality player. He got a YTS deal but not sure he actually got a pro contract in the end. He certainly didn't get a first team game. I think he went to Australia to play. Martin Thomas and Paul Sales also from that year. Martin went on to play lower league for many years, Swansea and Exeter I think off the top of my head. Paul was in that Salisbury side in the FA cup TV game a few years back. Other good players from that era (year below and same year as Mathew Robinson) were Jamie Cureton and Darren Eadie. Shame they were not signed onto schoolboy forms by Saints and were touted to Norwich by the former Saints youth development officer. Eadie was quality. Bartlett was from that year and he lost his way badly. After a short stint at Fareham he ended up doing very well in the army.

Paul Masters was another top player that seemed to fail to live up to his youth team billing. England Schoolboy and a brilliant player. There was another lad that was at Lilleshall from that year group, name aescapes me, Lee someone. Both were the same age group at Banger and KP. A certain Paul Tisdale was in that same youth team.

Edited by Chez

• 11 years later...
On 23/03/2010 at 00:52, TUS said:

Mark Peters?

Scored over 40 goals for the youth one season ... shipped out on loan and released. Rupert revealed at a London Saints meeting that he had been loaned out to "ruff him up a bit" 🙂

I've been trying to remember his name for years.

Ryan Seager

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

I've been trying to remember his name for years.

Ryan Seager

Ryan has had a tough time. Injury, slid down the leagues, ended up being loaned to Havant and Waterlooville a while back, a close family member then became very unwell. I was told by one of the management team that he still had something but it was just one thing after another and it just wasn't going to happen. Shame, he looked really promising. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Badger said:

Haven't re-read the thread but it's probably a safe bet that if they hadn't made it in 2010 they still haven't.

27 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Ctrl-F... "Tim Sparv"

Exception to the rule perhaps..... although still hasn't 'made it' in England 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Exception to the rule perhaps..... although still hasn't 'made it' in England 

And yet still managed to score against us and take his side further in Europa than we've managed in the same time. 😬

Matt Mills is another name who springs to mind from that era. Retired as of last year having played for a variety of Football League clubs.

18 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

And yet still managed to score against us and take his side further in Europa than we've managed in the same time. 😬

Matt Mills is another name who springs to mind from that era. Retired as of last year having played for a variety of Football League clubs.

Mills and Crainie were both talked about as outstanding prospects and a future CB pairing for us. Didn't they  both left during 'Arry's time with us ?