How much other teams (Norwich) have really spent...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

It's debatable that would have made us better. In fact, I guarantee DMG would have made us far, far worse. Never seen such a lazy player with such an inability to cleanly kick a football. Setting the world alight at Forest too. Nowhere near the quality of Lambert, Barnard or Connolly. Or Waigo actually.

Surman I didn't like, but he'd have been useful. God knows where he'd play with Lallana and Puncheon around though. Dyer would be useful for the pace, Rasiak wouldn't do any better than Lambert.

I think it's the upheaval that cost us, but it was necessary because last year's squad was so ****. We didn't lose anyone great, we got rid of deadwood, simple as that. But it still means building from scratch. The BWP, Dyer and DMG element was really depressing, of very poor quality and didn't make supporting the club fun or easy.

Our current team would thrash last season's team, IMO.

Why are some people on this thread struggling to understand a very easy premise. I'm not saying that the players who left are better than the ones we have now, I'm saying that they were better than the players that were left. No-one in the division were shorn of so many of their good players, and thus had to spend less to replace them.

the team/squad we had at the start of the season when pards walked in was better than the mighty blue square prem...hence why some of the players since left for the division above us now

kelvin

thomas

perry

mills

gillet

james

lallana

rasiak

sagga

morgan

bart

all are insulted by suggesting we had a team worthy of fighting it out with cambridge

Saga and Rasiak, were as good as gone, Lallana and Schneiderlin were negotiating moves and Davis had already committed to signing for West Ham.

still..not quite true is it

Davis said he was literally a couple of days from completely the deal with West Ham but he held on because someone told him the takeover was about to be finalised.

Imagine if the takeover hadn't happened for another fortnight - no Davis and potentially no Lallana or Morgan.

Davis said he was literally a couple of days from completely the deal with West Ham but he held on because someone told him the takeover was about to be finalised.

Imagine if the takeover hadn't happened for another fortnight - no Davis and potentially no Lallana or Morgan.

which was not at the point pardew walked through the door..which, again, is the point I was on about

which was not at the point pardew walked through the door..which, again, is the point I was on about

Who said anything about after Pardew took over? I was talking pre-season. The rebuilding started when NC talked Kelvin into staying and when AP had to do the same to Adam and Morgan. Those 3 were as good as gone at the time of the take-over.

where was it stated that lallana and schneiderlin were negotiating moves exactly? New one on me. Also, how much did norwich pay for hoolahan exactly? Best league one player i seen at sms this year?

Hoolahan was already at Norwich, he was a bit-part player in their championship squad - i think they bought him from Blackpool, for something like 150-200k.

where was it stated that lallana and schneiderlin were negotiating moves exactly? New one on me. Also, how much did norwich pay for hoolahan exactly? Best league one player i seen at sms this year?

they were not..it just sounds good..

Weston saint (who I believe has contact with the lallana family) said wolves put in a cheeky £500k bid for adam..

Why are some people on this thread struggling to understand a very easy premise. I'm not saying that the players who left are better than the ones we have now, I'm saying that they were better than the players that were left. No-one in the division were shorn of so many of their good players, and thus had to spend less to replace them.

No mate, they are NOT struggling at all . But it dosent conform or fit in to their viewpoint & argument so they dismiss it completly

I do agree with those that say we still have a LOT of work & improvement to do to be UP there next season tho.