MKDons Vs Saints - Post Match Reaction

Ponty

Sometimes route one stuff works. Like Saturday. We were winning at the time, Kelvin booted the ball up the pitch and SRL worked some magic and scored a screamer.

However, when we are 1-0 down against a Swindon side who are playing better than us, and we just aimlessly hoof the ball with no thought then it does not work.

Sometimes route one stuff works. Like Saturday. We were winning at the time, Kelvin booted the ball up the pitch and SRL worked some magic and scored a screamer.

However, when we are 1-0 down against a Swindon side who are playing better than us, and we just aimlessly hoof the ball with no thought then it does not work.

Let's face it, great as it was two of Lambert's goals were the fault of their keeper (aided and abetted by a useless defender for the first) and the other was a penalty where if the defender hadn't done anything at all nothing would probably have happened. That's football, worked out for us on Saturday but another time we might have got absolutely zilch from those 3 incidents and something from something else. Serendipity.

Some of the arguments on here just aren't stacking up IMO.

Our playmaking midfield played brilliantly... but didn't actually create any play.

that point only works if you describe Morgan as a playmaking midfielder. Is that what he is as I'd have him down as more a water carrier? If you described him as a defensive midfielder (which I'm not by the way) then you could point to the clean sheet and say he probably had a decent game.

that point only works if you describe Morgan as a playmaking midfielder. Is that what he is as I'd have him down as more a water carrier? If you described him as a defensive midfielder (which I'm not by the way) then you could point to the clean sheet and say he probably had a decent game.

The "playmaking midfield" is Lallana and Puncheon, Hammond is the relayer (or water carrier). If Hammond doesn't do his job then the supply is reduced.

Hammond seems to be getting forward a lot just of late and perhaps he doesn't have the physical condition (after 40 odd matches) to get back as he should.

We have played nigh on 50 matches already this season,young lads have clocked up 40+ of those, it's too much and the wear and tear will sometimes show up.

If you just want a player who can keep the ball and pass it sideway, we should bring back Jermaine Wright *shudder*. Morgan however has a lot more to his game and is a lot better than he showed on Saturday.

he showed a lot on Saturday, but I agree he has even more to offer. The lad is going to be some player as I think most people have known since the first few minutes of his first game for us. The step down in level has helped him. I wonder if he would have been as effective in the CCC THIS season.

Wright couldn't cover the ground quickly enough. That was his problem.

Let's face it, great as it was two of Lambert's goals were the fault of their keeper (aided and abetted by a useless defender for the first) and the other was a penalty where if the defender hadn't done anything at all nothing would probably have happened. That's football, worked out for us on Saturday but another time we might have got absolutely zilch from those 3 incidents and something from something else. Serendipity.

I do agree, and that was sort of what I was getting at. On this occasion the hoof ball paid off (yeah, with a little help for Gueret who is a crap keeper) but so many occasions this season I have seen us hoof the ball pointlessly and aimlessly. I could almost guarantee the ol' hoof ball won't work v Carlisle.