MKDons Vs Saints - Post Match Reaction

Ponty

Can we have a "Just back from the game thread"? As an ex-pat who doesn't get to games I know I'm not allowed to have an opinion and I'm a bit confused whether I can celebrate this result this evening or if I should be demanding Pardew's head on a plate??

Dons manager Paul Ince: "There were never three goals between those sides - not a cat in hell's chance. They had around four shots to our nine.

"We were well in the game, it was always going to be a battle and we had to stand up to them. It would have been nice to get the ball down and play a bit more, but I thought we were excellent today.

"People will look at the result and think we got a spanking, but anyone who watched the game will know it was a different situation."

BBC stats:

MK DONS

SOUTHAMPTON

Possession

* MK Dons 42%

* Southampton 58%

Attempts on target

* MK Dons 7

* Southampton 6

Attempts off target

* MK Dons 3

* Southampton 4

Corners

* MK Dons 7

* Southampton 9

Fouls

* MK Dons 11

* Southampton 19

Poor old Incey.

Dons manager Paul Ince: "There were never three goals between those sides - not a cat in hell's chance. They had around four shots to our nine.

"We were well in the game, it was always going to be a battle and we had to stand up to them. It would have been nice to get the ball down and play a bit more, but I thought we were excellent today.

"People will look at the result and think we got a spanking, but anyone who watched the game will know it was a different situation."

BBC stats:

MK DONS

SOUTHAMPTON

Possession

* MK Dons 42%

* Southampton 58%

Attempts on target

* MK Dons 7

* Southampton 6

Attempts off target

* MK Dons 3

* Southampton 4

Corners

* MK Dons 7

* Southampton 9

Fouls

* MK Dons 11

* Southampton 19

Poor old Incey.

All over us!!! ;);)

He really is a little tw*t.

Well done Saints, great result. Glad that they prove me wrong.

Another great performance from Ricky Lambert.

Playoffs ? All we can do is address our inconsistency issue, win each game and see what happens. Not in our hands.

Great post!

yep agree 100% it been out our hands for a while tho

I've heard it's very, very dark inside a rectum.

Hahahah. I actually like Incey and wish him well, but he is soo blinkered when it comes to Saints and his analysis of games! Priceless.

Tbf we didnt play anywhere near our best and were pretty shocking in the first half

To be fair he had 20 minutes, and was returning after an absence through injury of about 10 matches in a position he doesn't prefer

People seem to forget that the game he got injured he scored a brilliant goal to put us in the lead against Brentford and is one of the best crossers of the ball we have.

From the halfway line?

Can we have a "Just back from the game thread"? As an ex-pat who doesn't get to games I know I'm not allowed to have an opinion and I'm a bit confused whether I can celebrate this result this evening or if I should be demanding Pardew's head on a plate??

send us a nice batch of weed mate and you can say whatever you like.:D

Cracking result. Great start to my night out in deepest darkest Cornwall...

In Hayle then out to Penzance

What brings you to my neck of the woods? I live in Hayle..and it certainly is deepest darkest Cornwall..

Think Saints need to win 9 out of 10 to make the play offs and if you look at who we have left its certainly do-able...

What brings you to my neck of the woods? I live in Hayle..and it certainly is deepest darkest Cornwall..

Think Saints need to win 9 out of 10 to make the play offs and if you look at who we have left its certainly do-able...

Me and the missus are out with my mate and his missus who live in hayle

currently in the travel lodge behind the garage

Just back from the game.

Tame first half - apart from the first five minutes - and somehow getting wet in a new stadium!!!!

Improved second half performance and whilst there was a stroke of good fortune for the first, Lambert showed his class with a well taken penalty and a lovely lob to top it off nicely.

Davies made a couple of good stops and a couple of dodgy kicks aside did well.

Defence did reasonably well and dealt with most things. Fonte is class.

Thought Hammond was a bit anonymous today but impressed with Puncheon - though he ran out of steam towards the end of the game.

Strikeforce are top drawer. Barnard ran his socks off and Lambert is just Lambert. Excellent. We MUST not let him go this summer if a bigger club comes sniffing. He is key to next season promotion push.

Papa Waigo (offside every time again) was ok and Conoly showed his class as always.

Overall a happy journey home though a mention must be made of the terrible refereeing today. I have no idea what he saw sometimes and how he missed other incidents. Truly shocking performance from him.

COYS and get us some silverware now.

Having just back from the game all I can say is:

There is only 1 Rickie Lambert.

His first goal was a good centre forward's goal. Their goalie got a hand to the penalty but the sheer power of the shot ensured that he couldn't save it. The third goal was pure class. Look out for it on the Football League show.

The first half was pretty scrapy and a lot of the second half was not good. But MK Dons would never have scored if we had carried on laying until midnight. For a home team they were pretty dreadful and I can undersand why so few people turn up to watch them play (attendance 10,000 of whom at least 1,500 were Saints fans). When they finish the top tier of the ground so that it can hold 40k+ it will seem awfully empty with so few fans.

They must have the only leaky roof in the country. For a ground with World Cup aspirations you would think that they would have a roof which kept you dry!!

Edited by Tamesaint

Who knows - Colchester are having a major wobble (no wins in 4, lost 3 of the last 4), Huddersfield can't win away. All we can do is win each game as it comes, and hope Colchester and the teams just below them keep struggling

Me and the missus are out with my mate and his missus who live in hayle

currently in the travel lodge behind the garage

Scarry....... I was in the PI the other side of the road yesterday, working sadly. But hey Ho.

Excellent result today Saints, just keep it going and we'll see where we end up.

COYS

Yeah, good stuff. Lambert is class. Pretty poor atmosphere, even I managed to start a song. Quality to do a quadruple over a team. Other than that, not much else to say, other than a good away win, even though it may prove pointless.

Oh, Charlie Wayman can f*ck off, no-one cares, what a tosser.

La la la la Rickie Lambert Southampton's Goal Scoring Machine!!!!

Rickie is just a CLASS ACT

Was listening to Rickie's interview on Solent earlier. I don't know why, but I always find it a bit of a shock when he comes out with his rich scouser accent. Then I laugh to myself at my own reaction.

But as you say, CLASS ACT.

Keeping me as a ST for another season will be an even bigger one!

Today's result? Who gives a toss?

You are like the boy who cried wolf aren't you ?

Why dont you just bog off to Arsenal as you promised months and months ago.

Better still go anywhere except St Marys you miserable old bastard.

And change your bloody user name, what an insult to a club legend, posting your negative, miserable bile under his name.

If we win every game that would give us 80 points. I predict Colchester could get 80 points too, Huddersfield 78, Millwall 82, Swindon 83 and Charlton have a really tough run-in, so I am predicting that they will miss out with only 77.

That would therefore be enough to go up, but lose one game and we miss out by one point to Huddersfield. Draw one game and win the rest and it's anyone's guess. My prediction would take us into the play-offs on goal difference ovber Huddersfield.

Personally, I think it's unlikely. The biggest banana skins for us are likely to be Bristol Rovers and Yeovil. Also Brighton possibly, though we might be up for revenge against them in that game!

If we win every game that would give us 80 points. I predict Colchester could get 80 points too, Huddersfield 78, Millwall 82, Swindon 83 and Charlton have a really tough run-in, so I am predicting that they will miss out with only 77.

That would therefore be enough to go up, but lose one game and we miss out by one point to Huddersfield. Draw one game and win the rest and it's anyone's guess. My prediction would take us into the play-offs on goal difference ovber Huddersfield.

Personally, I think it's unlikely. The biggest banana skins for us are likely to be Bristol Rovers and Yeovil. Also Brighton possibly, though we might be up for revenge against them in that game!

I think you are not far off the truth. I was adamant until a couple of weeks ago it would need a record 81 points to get in this season, but with some surprising results lately have re-worked forecasts and now reckon 79, which is still a lot. I have Huddersfield in, but now think Charlton who have a horrible run-in may miss out. I think 9 wins out of 10 for us is a must, and it MUST include the Charlton game. I still feel that Swindon defeat will probably prove decisive, but we are still alive.....

And change your bloody user name, what an insult to a club legend, posting your negative, miserable bile under his name.

As someone who often watched the real Charlie Wayman play for Saints (and eat and drink in his cafe by the 'bus station!:)) I can only agree with Beatlesaint.

Note to self, never log on here during games. The second I logged off to get back to work just after half time, Lambert got his first!

A good win, fairly irrelevant in the course of our season now, but it'd be good to freak out a few teams in the play-offs by coming up fast behind. Not beating Swindon and Tranmere put paid to our season, but with winnable games against Hartlepool, Leyton Orient and Oldham to go, there's no reason why we can't be within tem points of the play-offs by the end of the season. We need our good players to play well, as Lambert showed today.

3-0 is a good win, MK Dons must be sick of the sight of us by now, beating them and buying their best player! (Although they didn't own him...) Beat Hartlepool, which I'm confident we can do (unless we are the most inconsistant team in the world, ever), and we've built an excellent platform for which to go to Wembley next Sunday.

Harding on the right? It shows how having a big squad doesn't always solve problems. Thomas out, Semi out, James unfit. I just hope we have James back and fit for next Sunday to give us some balance.

Happy today, bring on the highlights.

Took my 7 year old boy to his 1st league game,and at HT thought it was going to be a boring 0-0.

Turned out to be well worthy day out thanks to Rickie!!!

Didn't realise he hadn't scored a Hat-trick yet for us either,also has anyone mentioned on here that the lino was a bird?

Well done Rickie. A win is even sweeter when you back the first goalscorer and have 20 on the Saints to win. What a cracking 3rd goal. Very poor first half but the 2nd half made up for that. congratulations to Luke chadwick on his richly deserved MOM award ffs.

Have a look at Gillingham's home form.

Great win today but playoffs are a fanciful idea now I think.

Whilst it's still mathematically possible then of course we should go for it but I'd say it's something like a 25-1 shot now as we need at least 2 teams to implode and us to win everything.

Looking at our fixtures I can see definite banana skins at Bristol Rovers and Gillingham but that said, we are definitely capable of winning the lot if we have the will to do it.

Whatever the final outcome we should attempt to knock everyone over and harden up for 2010-11.

I'd also like to praise Ricky Lambert - what an awesome goal machine the guy is. Without his enormous goal power we wouldn't even be talking about the playoffs and we must make sure we have him fit and ready to start in our team next season, the guy is absolutely key to our chances IMO.