MKDons Vs Saints - Post Match Reaction

Ponty

I was jokingly talking about the BBC Football [saints] website putting out erroneous data earlier, but it seems that it is screwed up quite badly, atm. According to it, Pompey are still losing to Hull, with minutes to go. Shame it isn't true. Swindon and Norwich are apparently still playing..!

Don't trust their table.

Right my BBC page isn't updating properly, still shows them on 64 points.

wonder why that is, probably need to clear out my cache or something like that.

Mine is stuck on 79th minute and still showing all scores as latest. Must be having a massive fault.

Colchester still have to play charlton, swindon, millwall and huddersfield. I believe again untill we lose to someone near the bottom like we seem to do everytime I think we are going to go on a big run.

Great win for Saints, Still don't think we will make the play off's but until mathmatically impossible I'll keep hoping. I know Pompey are as good as down but it still does sour my Saturday's when they win. I knew Hull would bottle it today. Anyway thats enough of those Skate inbreds. Well Done Saints and Rickie!!!

Just sat in the car at the mo. Probably the sh*ttest 3-0 win I've ever seen. :D :-|

First half was just awful. Comparable to Wycombe. Second half, I can't remember any real chances other than the three goals. Rickie was the difference. Had 3 chances and took them. The third goal was sublime. Lobbed the 'keeper from what looked like a good 40 yards. Yet ANOTHER 'Goal of the season' candidate. :D Their 'keeper was at fault for the first and third, but got a hand on the penalty. Excellent trickery by Fonte of all people to win it. Went down a tad theatrically, didn't think the ref was going to give it. Kelvin made a couple of really good saves, but had precious little to did. The Dons were truly awful AGAIN.

Davis - 7 Did what he had to. Only a couple of saves to make.

Harding - 5 Really awkward looking job at RB and didn't look comfortable.

Fonte - 7 Class act, good skills for the penalty

Seaborne - 5 Can't see why we bought him based on this. Looked a bit Pseudo-Lancashire. Made mistakes and brushed off the ball at times.

Mills - 7 Good performance from Fish. Some decent tackles.

Puncheon - 6 Has the skills, but gave the ball away a lot in decent possitions

Schneiderlin - 5 Never got going really. Too much hoof.

Hammond - 6 Crap first half, seemed a bit more enthusiastic second half

Lallana - 5 Looked asleep first half. Not much better second.

Barnard - 4 Very quiet all game

Lambert - 9 Three chances, three goals, one cracker. Can't argue with that. MOTM

Subs:

No really time to make an impact. Connolly looked decent on the ball, Waigo was er... offside and Wotton I don't remember touching the ball.

Got to hope that Leeds beat Millwall on Monday now because we don't have a game in hand on Colchester- they play Brentford at home on Tuesday, which you'd have to say should be a home win, therefore we wouldn't gain any points on them if we beat Hartlepool. I think the best realistic scenario is Leeds beat Millwall and we beat Hartlepool, leaving us 11points off of the playoffs going in to next week end.

Whether we go up or not , this has still been the most enjoyable saints season I have experienced for years and years and years; to have the feeling when you start a match that you are going to win and you get disappointed with a draw and seriously gutted with a loss is something I haven't felt for years.

At the beginning of the season I'd have taken just not to be relegated frankly so from that perpective its a fantastic season, bring on the next

OK, can someone with tactical knowledge explain how we can beat this decent team so consistently? Maybe I can learn something...

I've been to three matches against the Dons this season. My theory is; they're always sh*te when we play them.

Great result...Rickie back on form!!!! eat that Grant Holt etc!!!!..... and with Colchester losing too it makes it all the better....pity about Wayne Thomas being ruled out of the JPT final with injury..don't fancy Lloyd James at right back after his abysmal performance against Swindon but what choice has Pardew got but to play him!!!.

3pts against Hartelpool a must now....keep it going

COYR!!!!

Colchester still have to play charlton, swindon, millwall and huddersfield. I believe again untill we lose to someone near the bottom like we seem to do everytime I think we are going to go on a big run.

I wouldn't say Colchester only getting 17 points from their final ten would be a melt down.

1.7 a match over a season is 78 points.

If they got only 2 points from those top 4 games (hopefully draw with Huddersfield to keep their total down) 15 from the remaining 18 points wouldn't be easy. (Although of course us getting max points will be a piece of p!ss :p)

James was poor when he came on against Swindon. I think AP is just looking at other options.

To be fair he had 20 minutes, and was returning after an absence through injury of about 10 matches in a position he doesn't prefer

People seem to forget that the game he got injured he scored a brilliant goal to put us in the lead against Brentford and is one of the best crossers of the ball we have.

Great win for Saints, Still don't think we will make the play off's but until mathmatically impossible I'll keep hoping. I know Pompey are as good as down but it still does sour my Saturday's when they win. I knew Hull would bottle it today. Anyway thats enough of those Skate inbreds. Well Done Saints and Rickie!!!

Yeah well done the Hull board. Fire a man with a 23% win ratio for you who got you promoted and employ a man with a 20% win ratio who relegated Charlton... brilliant management of a football club.

Just sat in the car at the mo. Probably the sh*ttest 3-0 win I've ever seen. :D :-|

Subs:

No really time to make an impact. Connolly looked decent on the ball, Waigo was er... offside and Wotton I don't remember touching the ball.

Yep he made a goal saving interception in the last minute which deprived me of a 3-1 max 10 points in the prediction league :cool:

Yeah well done the Hull board. Fire a man with a 23% win ratio for you who got you promoted and employ a man with a 20% win ratio who relegated Charlton... brilliant management of a football club.

But to be fair they only wanted someone who would agree to a 9 game contract at first.Their options must have been severely limited.Why I don't know but that's what their chairman said.

To be fair he had 20 minutes, and was returning after an absence through injury of about 10 matches in a position he doesn't prefer

People seem to forget that the game he got injured he scored a brilliant goal to put us in the lead against Brentford and is one of the best crossers of the ball we have.

Why don't you just marry him? :heart:

Right my BBC page isn't updating properly, still shows them on 64 points.

wonder why that is, probably need to clear out my cache or something like that.

Window the goal was very late, BBC is shocking re updating tables,scores compared to some sites.

But yea they do only have 63 points

But to be fair they only wanted someone who would agree to a 9 game contract at first.Their options must have been severely limited.Why I don't know but that's what their chairman said.

They are very very close to admin, & thats IF they stay up god help them.