Paul Wotton

OldNick

Said to be a real inspiration and leader in the dressing room as well as KD so Im told. gave the lads a real rollicking after the game saturday for not wanting it enough.

Imo him and Perry were outstanding saturday.

KD very happy at club and dint want to leave even turned his phone off last day transfer daedline (Imnot sure if I read that here but was confirmed true to me)

Said to be a real inspiration and leader in the dressing room as well as KD so Im told. gave the lads a real rollicking after the game saturday for not wanting it enough.

KD very happy at club and dint want to leave even turned his phone off last day transfer daedline (Imnot sure if I read that here but was confirmed true to me)

Have you assumed the mantle of "site ITK" in the absence of such luminaries as LLS, StDavid, etc. ?

You are beginning to sound as smug as them. Suppose at least you stick to the football...

Have you assumed the mantle of "site ITK" in the absence of such luminaries as LLS, StDavid, etc. ?

You are beginning to sound as smug as them. Suppose at least you stick to the football...

Im not assuming the mantle of site ITK I am happy to share a little of the things I have been privilaged to have been told. Put me on ignore and then you wont have to worry about it.You can then go on making up your wild assumptions while others can read if they wish and make their own assumptions whether I do know facts or not.

A fit Wotton was always going to be good for Saints at the back or holding mid-field.

All we need now is for another two experienced players to come good and we could be on the up.

Nick, when I gave you these good snippets of info I asked you not to tell anybody. What are you like?

Come on you Saints.

Of course you didyou better speak to Alpine as he doesnt like people to have any snippets. He'd rather just fanstasy stuff to read.

Well, apparently Plymouth were sad to see him go for precisely the same reasons that you gave that have been a benefit for us. Although not greatly skilled, he is at least a decent professional, giving 100% and expecting the same from those around him. The trouble is, he would be better employed in the centre of midfield and when we put him back in defence, although he strengthens us there, he leaves us weaker in midfield. I'm happy that he is part of the spine and KD is also. What we need are more solid older players to cover those gaps in the spine.

I thought Wotton was top drawer on Saturday. He leads by example but doesn't condescend and that's exactly what you want. Solid as a rock. I'd have him there quite happily. Perry was also very, very good. These guys do it week in , week out. Wake up McGoldrick and Wright- Phillips. These are the guys you should be looking to if you want to achieve anything at all in the game!

I thought Wotton was very good on Saturday and along with Lallana my MOM although to be fair Barnsley were crap but you can only do your job.

He rollocked McGoldrick several times for lack of effort.

I think he will prove all the doubters on here wrong....again.

Should have given him a bloody good boot up the backside for all to see.

Wooton played well in a well-balanced/solid back four.

We should be able to move Killer in and out with Wooton moving to holding mid to fit in with Killer's knee without too much disruption.

When we get Morgan fit and move Surman higher up the pitch things should really start to take shape.

And how much did he cost (even factoring in wages etc)????

There's bargains to be had out there, and although he isn't going to set the world alight, he's probably better suited than some of our youngsters out there!!!!!!!

And how much did he cost (even factoring in wages etc)????

There's bargains to be had out there, and although he isn't going to set the world alight, he's probably better suited than some of our youngsters out there!!!!!!!

what and spoil ruperts vision, the only way forward !

Agree with all the above. Very sound at the back on Saturday (although Barnsley barely threatened). Useful utility player with the experience needed to help our youngsters. Good hear he is also a leader in the dressing room.

We need some defenders who can run fast, because we get caught out by the long hoof when we are playing forward. Mills was constantly outpaced, for example.

But I like Wotton's toughness.

Mills was constantly outpaced, for example.

Mills found himself up against a very pacey winger and considering it was his debut, I thought he did very well.

After a shakey start, he came into the game the more it progressed and did a good job.

He gets up well to win headers too considering he's relatively small.

After that performance, I think he's put himself forward as a potential starter at LB.

Personally i think he has been a poor addition overall. When he has been in defence has looked no better then Wright or Ostuland and in midfield no better then Safri etc.. If were to survive in this league then the cold reality is he is one of many who need to do better. If it is true he gave the players a rollocking then that is a good sign. Also he was released by Plymouth.

Personally i think he has been a poor addition overall. When he has been in defence has looked no better then Wright or Ostuland and in midfield no better then Safri etc.. If were to survive in this league then the cold reality is he is one of many who need to do better. If it is true he gave the players a rollocking then that is a good sign. Also he was released by Plymouth.

I thought he was very good on Saturday, very motivated and strong. He was a real leader on the pitch, exactly what we've needed for a few seasons. In many ways the younger players relied on him too much, constantly laying it back to him for him to start the play.

It's not his skill but the drive that he brings to the side. I think that's vital at the moment.

think he did well lately.

Much better than likes of Wright and Jesus.

Think he was Plymouth capt when he was about 20 -we have been lacking a strong character and I think that is the main reason he was signed.

I don't think it is relevant to keep putting him down due to being released by Plymouth for two reasons; 1) we are not a top club anymore 2) their needs might have been different

If we had more like him we'd be fine... good character, decent player. He and Schneiderlin would make a good central midfield partnership. With Perry and Svensson/Thomas in at centre backs you'd be half way there. surman on one wing, lallana on the other... like it.... John and a recalled Saganowski up front. Cork at right back and a decent left back on loan... I like it. Won't happen. We'll persist with this ****y formation and youngsters who aren;t good enough and get relegated.

I wasn't going to bother posting as I new certain others would question it's authenticity and it's now somewhat old news but in support of nickh.

I can confirm that KD did not want to leave, he protested that he was settled and happy here but was told he had little say in the matter and he had to go.

Now before you ask i'm certainly not going to say whom, except that this come from one of his family members.

think he did well lately.

Much better than likes of Wright and Jesus.

Think he was Plymouth capt when he was about 20 -we have been lacking a strong character and I think that is the main reason he was signed.

I don't think it is relevant to keep putting him down due to being released by Plymouth for two reasons; 1) we are not a top club anymore 2) their needs might have been different

Disagree very strongley. Wotten in his defence has been limited to mostly sub appearences and they have all been in effective, nothing higher then a 5 rating. His starts are what we should judge him on and in the Barnsley game i'd give him a 6. Ipswich game a 5. QPR game a 4. Of those 3 games we let in 6 goals and could of shipped far more if it wasen't for Kelvin. A lot of those chances were down to Wotten being out of position and giving the ball away.

I am not slagging the guy off but he does not deserve praise for pretty average displays. Wright played just as well and Ostuland played just as well. Some people need to accept we are playing **** rather then looking to praise people simply for wanting to find positive in something. If anyone rightnow deserves a thread with praise it is Davis and Lallanna. The rest are very poor and need to sort it out.

From a distance he looks like a right footed Higgy.

I like him

He's not blessed with great skill, but he looks solid and dependable

Are you sat near me as we were laughing about that on Saturday. He even runs like him.

He's a fighter but never good enough to play in CM. I fear for us if its him and Perry against a bit of pace but they certainly looked solid on Saturday.

Ok in defence but not good enough from what i've seen to play centre midfield in this division. A cheap and poor replacement for Safri IMO.
Unfair IMO he is the type of player some are saying we need to get to help the kids along.I think the kids need someone like him to bring them on and saturday he was very good in defence. Safri is a different type of player and I was a great fan but we couldnt afford to keep him.Wotton is one of those players who you dont notice but he gets on and does a job and seems to be in the right place at the right time.

We need some defenders who can run fast, because we get caught out by the long hoof when we are playing forward. Mills was constantly outpaced, for example.But I like Wotton's toughness.

I disagree, Mill looked nervous at times and a bit like a debutant but thought he looked very quick. Couple of times their very fast winger was awaybut he kept with him -Surman would have struggled.

Let me guess, to suit your arguement....

Wotton wasn't signed by Lowe (being an experienced professional)

A N Other inexperienced youngster was signed by Lowe

Do I win? :smt117

No

Lowe did sign Wotton , my argument is that we should have signed more like him , rather than risking 1m Euros( i believe) on Morgan.