Matchday pet-hates...

StuRomseySaint

People who turn up 1 miunte before kick off and don't know where their seat is - would you turn up 1 minute before an interview and look for the office.

Kiosk personnel thinking it is funny to have a laugh and joke when you are waiting to be served - Get a grip and you can go have a laugh and joke on your time not mine.

Well i know the blokes who shout "Pork" and wear silly hats and they are a great bunch of lads who Go to most away games as well as all home.

I cant believe the attitude towards them by some on here.They dont cause trouble or shout abuse at away fans from behind the safety of the stewards,yet they get slagged off by a lot of internet hard men.

Get over yourselfs ffs.I would much rather have a laugh with the likes of them,then have to put up with a load of spotty kids singing "Pompey fan on a string" anyday!

To be fair R&R, I would never have noticed the kid before if he hadn't of spent the half-time smashing a bin and singing stupid songs.

Was I irritable on Tuesday? Yes, I was sober, so yes, yes I bloody was.

People who turn up 1 miunte before kick off and don't know where their seat is - would you turn up 1 minute before an interview and look for the office.

Kiosk personnel thinking it is funny to have a laugh and joke when you are waiting to be served - Get a grip and you can go have a laugh and joke on your time not mine.

With a name like yours I can't believe you don't want to throttle the PA announcer. ;)

Me..I hate me on matchday...stupid bloody rituals and superstitions!

What difference does it make what colour Tshirt I wear ...can't be the same as the away team.

How does parking the car in the same place on a match day mean we are going to win?

Loads of others...stupid mental idiot on matchday.

- Matey in the reindeer/Santa hat who shouts 'pork' during every song.

+1. He was sat just across from me at Leeds away. Him and his mate on the "pork" thing all f'in game. Hadn't noticed it before this point, and now keep hearing it in the Northam concourse.

Whoever you are, do us, and yourself, a favour. STFU.

Chanting w*nker w*nker w*nker at a player that has clearly gone down with a genuine injury and is in pain.

Morons.

Yes that really got up my nose too - also when the whole Northam and Kingsland corner chanted Pay Up Pompey at the cup game. Couldn't they see it sounded like Play up?

While I'm ranting it p1sses me off that again the Northam spend so much energy on hate Pompey songs when they could be singing in support of the team. Do other clubs chant about their bitterest rivals during games?

Yes that really got up my nose too - also when the whole Northam and Kingsland corner chanted Pay Up Pompey at the cup game. Couldn't they see it sounded like Play up?

While I'm ranting it p1sses me off that again the Northam spend so much energy on hate Pompey songs when they could be singing in support of the team. Do other clubs chant about their bitterest rivals during games?

yes, but not as much as we do. Dont mind the odd wash your mouth out, but we seem to have 3 or 4 songs that get sung at every game. Bit sad really.

As for booing an injured player, think most people were annoyed at the time it took to get the bloke off the pitch after the first injury. The second time was just as bad. Just drag the **** off and get on with the game ffs. Wasnt like his leg was hanging off

i hate how quiet a lot of the ground is with people sat there clapping politely through-out the game.its a football match not bloody tennis :mad:

i hate people who moan about the songs we sing but never seem to do anything about it.

i hate the beer.

i hate sitting down & getting disaproving looks because i called the ref a c*nt in the heat of the moment.

i hate it when they shut off the car park.make the away fans wait ffs!

i hate with a passion the MC.just give up,we dont give a toss you annoying asshole!

The sad morons who go to football purely to get ****ed and sing anti-portsmouth songs and don't actually seem bothered in the slightest about the game going on in front of them.

Fans at away games who feel they have a right to stand regardless of those fans around them that may not be able to stand up for the game (elderly fans and young children). It's selfish and pathetic. Grow up

- We're the Northam over here... We're the Itchen *clap, clap, clap*. That whole chant is so embrassing. Just stop it now, the version at Bristol Rovers was funny for about 2 minutes every other time it's ****.

- People sitting in silence at the back of the stands at away games. Now I know not everyone likes to sing and get involved and it's fine but just go sit towards the front.

- The **** who likes to shout Pork. Nottingham Forest away last season he dressed up as a baby and still continued with his pork chant. ****.

- People who just give disaproving looks when you dare ask them to move in a little bit so you can get passed them while the game is in play, it's not that hard to move back six inches a few times during the game.

- Blokes who wear a jumper with a shirt over the top. If you want to wear a shirt and you're cold just wear a zip up top un-done, man up and wear just a shirt or leave your shirt at home. infact if you're considering wearing a shirt over a jumper/hoody just stay at home. It's fine on women, but men NO.

- The bloke on the mic before the game, I don't want to moan too much about him because he's still a huge step ahead of Mike Osman. He is however ****.

- Half time entertainment is crap, would be better off if there wasn't anything there and they just let us talk with a bit of music in the background.

- People in the Ladbrokes queue at 2.59 who don't have their money out ready while the Ladbrokes man is putting the bet through the machine. It's just stupid and seriously annoying.

People who spend loads of effort being negative and hardly any being encouraging. Moaning mini me sons trying to out moan and impress their moaning dads.

People who leave early but stop and stand directly in front of you at a 'moment of heighten excitement', if you are going ****ing go.

People who's first reaction to a goal is to goad the away fans rather than celebrate.

Well i know the blokes who shout "Pork" and wear silly hats and they are a great bunch of lads who Go to most away games as well as all home.

I cant believe the attitude towards them by some on here.They dont cause trouble or shout abuse at away fans from behind the safety of the stewards,yet they get slagged off by a lot of internet hard men.

Get over yourselfs ffs.I would much rather have a laugh with the likes of them,then have to put up with a load of spotty kids singing "Pompey fan on a string" anyday!

yes because shouting "pork" at the OB is very grown up :rolleyes:

Its nothing to do with being "internet hardmen" whatever that is. The thread is "Matchday pet-hates" and i hate it.

As for booing an injured player, think most people were annoyed at the time it took to get the bloke off the pitch after the first injury. The second time was just as bad. Just drag the **** off and get on with the game ffs. Wasnt like his leg was hanging off

Have to disagree a little here, he was injured and it took that time to assess the injury, then he had the balls to try and come back on and play but couldn't, then went off as close to the part of the pitch he was standing on!

If we are talking about what we hate at football, mine is balloons no room for them

There appear to be some common themes here, many of which are repeated every couple of months without any action being taken!

With regard to the match-day experience in control of the club, could I suggest a "petitions/complaints/suggestions" sub-forum to contain polls that could be directed to the club - David Luker is active on the forum and is clearly interested in fans views considering the OS surveys this season?

I have become increasingly disappointed over recent seasons with the atmosphere at St Mary's – it seems that the smaller attendances and cheaper tickets have attracted a larger proportion of casual fans (both the “sit on hands” and “yoof” variants) and while this is no bad thing, they need guidance from the long-term fans to bring back the respectful, passionate, football-intelligent crowd I remember!

Booing injuries, “you fat ****”, “who are ya”, anti-P*mpey songs etc are only incidental things that range from annoying to disrespectful, but if enough like-minded fans simply shouted “shhh” or start a positive song, those too young/drunk to realise how moronic they sound will soon catch on!

I hope the club will consult further in the close season regarding positioning of fans, as Mr Cortese seems to be obsessed with the Northam being the only area capable of generating noise! I would like to see a dedicated “choir” section possibly in the Itchen South, as I know there are the “hidden” noise-makers around the ground who would like to get involved but are too self-conscious to do so where they are.

This forum has already spawned the best chant for 5+ years (Rickie's), but most now give up the correct version after being drowned out by the la, la, la's! It would only take a small amount of planning (and a small number of fans) to get something started – a separate build up thread to plan seating and discuss positive, child-friendly and clever chants would be a start. We could then leave the yoof to continue gesticulating at the away fans until they get bored and get on board!

By the way, I am 24 and realise I sound like a grumpy old man – but I don't care!

There appear to be some common themes here, many of which are repeated every couple of months without any action being taken!

With regard to the match-day experience in control of the club, could I suggest a "petitions/complaints/suggestions" sub-forum to contain polls that could be directed to the club - David Luker is active on the forum and is clearly interested in fans views considering the OS surveys this season?

I have become increasingly disappointed over recent seasons with the atmosphere at St Mary's – it seems that the smaller attendances and cheaper tickets have attracted a larger proportion of casual fans (both the “sit on hands” and “yoof” variants) and while this is no bad thing, they need guidance from the long-term fans to bring back the respectful, passionate, football-intelligent crowd I remember!

Booing injuries, “you fat ****”, “who are ya”, anti-P*mpey songs etc are only incidental things that range from annoying to disrespectful, but if enough like-minded fans simply shouted “shhh” or start a positive song, those too young/drunk to realise how moronic they sound will soon catch on!

I hope the club will consult further in the close season regarding positioning of fans, as Mr Cortese seems to be obsessed with the Northam being the only area capable of generating noise! I would like to see a dedicated “choir” section possibly in the Itchen South, as I know there are the “hidden” noise-makers around the ground who would like to get involved but are too self-conscious to do so where they are.

This forum has already spawned the best chant for 5+ years (Rickie's), but most now give up the correct version after being drowned out by the la, la, la's! It would only take a small amount of planning (and a small number of fans) to get something started – a separate build up thread to plan seating and discuss positive, child-friendly and clever chants would be a start. We could then leave the yoof to continue gesticulating at the away fans until they get bored and get on board!

By the way, I am 24 and realise I sound like a grumpy old man – but I don't care!

People like squiggley-dan spoil my match day experience. "Child friendly clever chants, hidden noise makers around the ground" have a word with yourself.

A large element of watching football in this country since year dot has always been confrontational, aggressive (not violent) and boastful, and no amount of your middle classes organising choirs, singing sections and bloody suggestion boxes will change that. Now toss off back to your tea party.:heart:

Plastic expat fans posting on the Match Day Fred.

Weather updates, meal updates, booze of the day, posting pics of Muffins and Kate Bush, multi coloured upsized Woots and Dave Merrington quotes .... how dare they try and enjoy themselves on here. :p

Don't they realise teh innernet is serious business.

The sad morons who go to football purely to get ****ed and sing anti-portsmouth songs and don't actually seem bothered in the slightest about the game going on in front of them.

Fans at away games who feel they have a right to stand regardless of those fans around them that may not be able to stand up for the game (elderly fans and young children). It's selfish and pathetic. Grow up

I hate people like you at football!

Working class elitist snobs who think that they own football and whinge about any non chavs who like football too.

Can i interest you in a prawn sandwich?

I just thought of another thing, bloody minutes silences, and worse still, minutes applause.

Way too many. Ted Bates and Alan Ball deserved one but every tom **** and harry gets one these days. And as for a minutes applause, how is clapping showing any degnity or respect?????

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Not having a Star Trek transporter to beam me up from the pub directly to my seat just before kick-off and back again at the final whistle.

Crap beer in the ground but worst of all not having a pet slave to run and get me a couple in at half time.

Agreed. "Football is a working class game, for working class people." **** off. Just because you didn't work hard enough at school does not mean you own football any more than I do.

I worked hard enough and did well enough in education, yet still consider myself working class.

Football is, and always has been, a working class sport.

Agreed. "Football is a working class game, for working class people." **** off. Just because you didn't work hard enough at school does not mean you own football any more than I do.

Wow, you sound like you've got some unresolved issues.:smt104

- We're the Northam over here... We're the Itchen *clap, clap, clap*. That whole chant is so embrassing. Just stop it now, the version at Bristol Rovers was funny for about 2 minutes every other time it's ****.

Completely agree. Awful song. I remember a large bunch of Saints fans laughing at Spurs for singing it at WHL 10 years or so ago. And now we're doing it. Every game.

- People sitting in silence at the back of the stands at away games. Now I know not everyone likes to sing and get involved and it's fine but just go sit towards the front.

At Norwich there was a woman in the back row sat down reading a magazine.

Completely agree. Awful song. I remember a large bunch of Saints fans laughing at Spurs for singing it at WHL 10 years or so ago. And now we're doing it. Every game.

It's bad enough that we sing the stupid song but the worst part is when everyone decides to clap the Itchen or Kingsland because they sung it back.

Just embrassing.

I hate people that knock on your toilet door to tell you to 'hurry up' while you are having a ****!

It's so ****ing rude!

Only ever have one annoying experience and that was at the dell. A woman would shout 'Go on...' everyone 30 seconds. I went home that day with the sound in my ear all night.

stupid bint.

I hate people that knock on your toilet door to tell you to 'hurry up' while you are having a ****!

It's so ****ing rude!

Only ever have one annoying experience and that was at the dell. A woman would shout 'Go on...' everyone 30 seconds. I went home that day with the sound in my ear all night.

stupid bint.

i hate it when people hit the door whilst i'm havin a w*nk too ;)