Matchday pet-hates...

StuRomseySaint

The lack of toilet rolls lobbed at the goal these days. I miss those days.

Me too - and why do you never hear "Oh my, what a referee!" being sung any more when a decision goes against your team? And what was wrong with the old half-time scoreboards marked A, B, C etc so you had to look over someone's shoulder who had a program to see what the scores were? It's just not the same these days :)

fans that want to sit down at away games - the front rows are where you belong so sit there and shut up.

music after goals = norwich etc, how ****.

grounds that don't sell beer.

grounds like colchesters - swamps are good and should be left, if you were a great crested newt you'd be pretty ****ed off too.

mk dons

mk dons fans

going to an away game and not being mid row or down wind of a steward - smoking is not big or clever though it has to be said.

idiots who buy food from the beer stand and/or decide to mix their drinks order. if theres 5 of you or 10 of you or any number of you then you all drink lager and make it quick. this applies at pubs too, a pack of ****ing peanuts is a snack not a meal, you don't need them, they don't fill you up, they are just annoying little ****ers that delay me being served.

i could go on, but the postman has just come.....

.. and it is rude to speak with your mouth full :p

Was this your way of thanking him for delivering your Cup Final Ticket :D

People leaving early / arriving late - ten minutes before and after half time to stuff their faces with pies, then leaving before the end of the match even if we are winning. I sit besides the aisle in block 36/35 - people behind me sit down so i feel obliged to but then get really fXXed off when people walk up and down the aisle constantly during the game.

Oh, and standing next to someone who sounds really weird when they shout. I stood next to someone at the Leeds game who was about 30 but when he shouted he sounded like a 12 year old being kicked in the ********. Very annoying.

Or someone getting the players name wrong for the entire game. Hasn't happened for a while but I remember sitting next to someone who thought that Blackstock was Kenwyne Jones. Very annoying. Oh and when people totally lay into our players for the entire game, even when they've scored twice and are having a brilliant game. Mostly used to get that against Ricardo Fuller. He must have thought our fans were right c*nts.

Yeah heard someone shout "go on papa!" last night to Puncheon lol

People who sing, get into em , **** em up

People who sing Pompey fan on a string

people who try to speed up OWTS after one line

people who applaud the team off even when they have had a **** game and cant string to passes togeather.

The nob in the reindeer hat ( why would you do it?)

queing for a beer

queing to get out of the Norham after a game, then queing to get out of the bridge.

- Council Estates and Poor People.

- Tax Dodgers.

- Fans with attitude that walk like they're hard but actually look as though they walk with a limp.

I know these aren't confined to Match days, but they still annoy me on Match days.

So I'm guessing you're talking about everything related to Pompey then?

- Council Estates and Poor People.

- Tax Dodgers.

- Fans with attitude that walk like they're hard but actually look as though they walk with a limp.

I know these aren't confined to Match days, but they still annoy me on Match days.

I.E most football fans. Agreed.

Does anyone know if the big clubs show replays of key moments as and when they happen during the game on the big screens?

That would be great and probably not too much of a big ask for the club.

I'm pretty sure that QPR do.

I think it was last season that there was an horrendous offside decision that went against us. I think I remember Adam Lallana asking the ref to look up at the big screen and see for himself.

Obviously the ref didn't look.

* Female commentators. I don't care if they really know their stuff and I don't give a toss about equal opportunities, it still sounds like I'm being nagged.

* Not being able to drink beer in my seat.

* Not being allowed to throw wet sponges at bad referees while they are locked in stocks after matches.

* The ammateur commentator in the Kingland who has a negative disposition and a monotone voice. Feck me, I had 10 days in counselling after just one half sat in front of him.

* Fans that talk about wanting to smash up rival fans but don't actually do it or pick fights with rival fans who don't actually want to fight.

* People that spit a lot when they shout.

* People that are too posh for football. "I say ref, even I could do a better job than you" and various other polite ditties were heard last night - gosh, the poor ref is probably still having nightmares after such severe castigation.

- Annoying people slapping the back boards of the Northam out of sync and speeding up every chant.

- 12 year olds singing " We paid for your haaaaaaaaaaaaaaats, what a waste of council tax, we paid for your haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats " to the OB - When did you pay council tax?!?!!?

- Singing 'you're just a small town in Oxford/whoever the oppositions rivals are' - It doesn't make any sense you c*nts!!!

- Fully grown men with replica shirts over their jumper with the name of a teenage boy on the back.

- Singing 'Pay up P*mpey'

I will add more as I think of them...

farking ell stu..took your time to realise some in the northam are complete mongs

farking ell stu..took your time to realise some in the northam are complete mongs

It's getting worse. Never used to be that bad, but now it's getting populated with an ever increasing number of horrible teenagers.

It's getting worse. Never used to be that bad, but now it's getting populated with an ever increasing number of horrible teenagers.

The one's that go together in a group of about 5, constantly swear, don't know half the words to the songs because they never go to games and who then walk out the ground acting as if they are 'ard?

Oh...............

- The f*cking pitch announcer, I am normally to pished to notice but last night, what the fook is all that about? Numbarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sevarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn Rickiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie Lammmmmmmmmmmmmmmbert!!!!!!!!!!

I would imagine that football is one of your pet hates as it gets in the way about what your day is all about on Saturdays.

You are one of those strange individuals who have no actual interest in the game of football at all. You get drunk before the game, turn up late for the first half, leave before half time to get more drink, turn up late for the second half and then depart early for the pub. I would imagine you haven't the first idea who is playing well for us and who isn't.

I would imagine your 'matchday' would be enjoyed just as much if there was no actual game going on and instead the stadium was full of fellow chubby 30 somethings clad in horrendous Stone Island 'clobber' swapping abuse with a smaller number of like minded individuals from another part of the country.

The one's that go together in a group of about 5, constantly swear, don't know half the words to the songs because they never go to games and who then walk out the ground acting as if they are 'ard?

Am actually thinking of some fat gobby kid that i got sat near. Row GG in block 42. It was at the Exeter game and because we got a bumper crowd the ground was full. Kept passing remarks about how all the "new" fans weren't singing. Like that little **** had been going for years. Just annoyed me and decided to move to the Kingsland corner in future.

Women at football asking loudly why there is 19 minutes of extra time being announced mid way through the first half.

Anyone talking at football.

Women who try to enter the ground, but have clearly had too much to drink and then need babysitting until their other halves finish watching the game.

I would imagine that football is one of your pet hates as it gets in the way about what your day is all about on Saturdays.

You are one of those strange individuals who have no actual interest in the game of football at all. You get drunk before the game, turn up late for the first half, leave before half time to get more drink, turn up late for the second half and then depart early for the pub. I would imagine you haven't the first idea who is playing well for us and who isn't.

I would imagine your 'matchday' would be enjoyed just as much if there was no actual game going on and instead the stadium was full of fellow chubby 30 somethings clad in horrendous Stone Island 'clobber' swapping abuse with a smaller number of like minded individuals from another part of the country.

Well summed up, you are bang on the money there Once Bitter. Actually, I do know who plays for us and by reading the reports, I do know who is good for us... I don't however generally know who is playing game by game because I am still in the pub or concourse when the teams are being announced before kick-off.

Super fans in block 4 that sing "if you've got a season ticket clap your hands". Not sure what their point is. Maybe they think they're better fans than those without season tickets which is odd. The irony is i've not seen any of them at an away game. Another classic from last night, "you're just a s*** team from nowhere".

Also numerous other unfunny made up "songs" that make no sense at all. I also heard a bird shout out last night "stop passing it" as we had a good spell of pressure in the first half (around the time we hit the post and barnard scored when he was offside).

Saying that I enjoy block 4, even putting up with some utter tools :)

I also heard a bird shout out last night "stop passing it" as we had a good spell of pressure in the first half.

I bet she drinks pints. This being another pet hate of mine. It's vulgar and embarrassing and common.

****ing music being played up to when the players come out. Shut the ****ing music up 15 mins earlier for ****s sake. Bunch of ****ing ****s them who sort the music out.

Got that off my chest, feel better after that

He's an absolute ****.

I'm glad it's not just me who wants to lump the little *****.

+1, ****ing ***** that bloke - no doubt we'll all be accused of being 'message board heroes' and that we should go and tell him to shut up at the games...the thing, I can never spot the *****, I've only attended about 8 home games this year and have never heard him, but away from home I can hear him but never see the *****!

+1, ****ing ***** that bloke - no doubt we'll all be accused of being 'message board heroes' and that we should go and tell him to shut up at the games...the thing, I can never spot the *****, I've only attended about 8 home games this year and have never heard him, but away from home I can hear him but never see the *****!

You haven't noticed him? In a Reindeer hat with a flashing red nose?

Not that I condone violence... but I would estimate his seat is around Block 42 GG 1090, certainly within punching distance from that seat.

No need to thank me. :-)

Am actually thinking of some fat gobby kid that i got sat near. Row GG in block 42. It was at the Exeter game and because we got a bumper crowd the ground was full. Kept passing remarks about how all the "new" fans weren't singing. Like that little **** had been going for years. Just annoyed me and decided to move to the Kingsland corner in future.

You haven't noticed him? In a Reindeer hat with a flashing red nose?

Not that I condone violence... but I would estimate his seat is around Block 42 GG 1090, certainly within punching distance from that seat.

No need to thank me. :-)

I bet he's a mate of the fat kid.

Well i know the blokes who shout "Pork" and wear silly hats and they are a great bunch of lads who Go to most away games as well as all home.

I cant believe the attitude towards them by some on here.They dont cause trouble or shout abuse at away fans from behind the safety of the stewards,yet they get slagged off by a lot of internet hard men.

Get over yourselfs ffs.I would much rather have a laugh with the likes of them,then have to put up with a load of spotty kids singing "Pompey fan on a string" anyday!