Mephedrone

saint_stevo

On the BBC report about the deaths the reporter made the same point about those supplying mcat being respectable plant food suppliers. Does anyone know if mephedrone is used in any well known fertilizer?

I'm 99% sure that its only sold as "plant food" to get around the medicine act and ensure that its not being supplied for human consumption

Had some of this a couple of weeks ago' date=' ordered off the Internet. It's a pretty good high, especially when in a club or listening to music, although it does make your face and eyes retarded. I didn't find the come down too bad though.[/quote']

Think you were lucky. Of the two times times ive tried it both were hellish the day after but I think that was because I didnt get any sleep despite trying for 8 hours :confused::rolleyes::confused: :smt084 and having to drive back from london the day after the second time (did you drink with it??)

Worth it for the buzz as nothing else like it...... I just wont rush to do it again due to everything that comes with doing it.

Edited by Liquidshokk

Think you were lucky. Of the two times times ive tried it both were hellish the day after but I think that was because I didnt get any sleep despite trying for 8 hours :confused::rolleyes::confused: :smt084 and having to drive back from london the day after the second time (did you drink with it??)

Worth it for the buzz as nothing else like it...... I just wont rush to do it again due to everything that comes with doing it.

The first time I drank quite substantially with it but the second I didn't have much but took more. I had the not being able to sleep problem too. I agree it is worth it for the buzz and also think I won't be rushing to do it again too soon as although it was good, it made me pretty out of character and liable to do something I might regret!

The first time I drank quite substantially with it but the second I didn't have much but took more. I had the not being able to sleep problem too. I agree it is worth it for the buzz and also think I won't be rushing to do it again too soon as although it was good' date=' it made me pretty out of character and liable to do something I might regret![/quote']

What are the actual effects then, is it like speed?

Hmmm well I can't claim to have tried speed, or many other drugs, but I'd say that the description on wikipedia is pretty accurate to my experience:

'According to the company Crew2000, intended effects include increased alertness, euphoria, excitement, feeling of stimulation, urge to talk and openness.'

The euphoria, excitement and feeling of stimulation are great, the urge to talk and openness is what I found weird as it's not really me.

I've taken quite a few times and quite like it. Its very good value although the nose doesn't seem to like it as much as I do.

It porvides a good high, a bit like pills but with the duration of coke. It also has the benifit over coke that you don't have to feel guilty about the suffering that its product is causing.

Enjoy it while you can. I expect it will be banned soon.

That said though, from research that I have done over the net I wouldn't want to take it in the quantaties that I took of over things during my misspent youth. It doesn't sound like it is anyway near as safe as MDMA is, and now that is available again I wouldn't be suprised to see the number of pople using mephedrome decreasing, expecially went it is made illeagal and gets more expensive.

Hmmm well I can't claim to have tried speed, or many other drugs, but I'd say that the description on wikipedia is pretty accurate to my experience:

The euphoria, excitement and feeling of stimulation are great, the urge to talk and openness is what I found weird as it's not really me.

Sounds like poppers only I assume it lasts longer than the effects from poppers.

Isn't the sensationalism bit in the press more linked with the fact that this legal high is causing parents AND schools problems as when under 18s are found to have it in their possession there is nothing that the adults can do about it. Usual kids response is that its not illegal wot you gonna do about it !

Maybe short term solution could be to at least put age limit on supply/purchase same as fags, alcohol etc.. as its the school kids that obviously are the main concern.

I'm sure we all smoked / drank when under age but if you were ever caught at school with fags then at least teachers felt they could act.

If you want to do drugs then thats your personal choice but hopefully you will make that choice after due consideration. When your at school are you really making a considered decision ?

Sounds like poppers only I assume it lasts longer than the effects from poppers.

Poppers are a million miles away from this stauff. For a start Methedrone doesnt make you feel like every blood vessel in your head is about to burst :D

Methodrone has an intense high in the same way as coke, ectasy etc does. It takes you to a level of happiness you would otherwise never experience in your life. Comes at a price though with the after effects.

The stuff is purer and cleaner than coke, ecstacy tablets as it isnt packed with other products to bulk it out. Therefore Ive found the recovery time is much quicker and I dont feel like its done too much damage to my head in the long run :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't the sensationalism bit in the press more linked with the fact that this legal high is causing parents AND schools problems as when under 18s are found to have it in their possession there is nothing that the adults can do about it. Usual kids response is that its not illegal wot you gonna do about it !

Maybe short term solution could be to at least put age limit on supply/purchase same as fags, alcohol etc.. as its the school kids that obviously are the main concern.

I'm sure we all smoked / drank when under age but if you were ever caught at school with fags then at least teachers felt they could act.

If you want to do drugs then thats your personal choice but hopefully you will make that choice after due consideration. When your at school are you really making a considered decision ?

Good post, and very true. Although putting a minimum age on the stuff would still give the impression to kids that its ok to do when youre older. After dabbling with stuff over the years it makes me shudder to think of young kids doing this sort of thing. Drugs shouldnt even be available or seem like an appealling option to kids. Kids seem to lose their innocence at such a young age these days.

I dont know where I stand on the ban/make illegal issue as I dont think the government can possibly win in either scenario. Those people who are likely to dabble in these things will do so in one way or another regardless of legality of their actions.

The good thing about drugs is that taking them does come with a price so therefore there are a lot of life lessons to be learnt when taking/abusing them.

No, i used to love billy, and it's not like that. Billy was always great for works do's or card nights cos no matter how much alcohol you drank you never got ****ed. Bit **** not sleeping or eating for several days though when on a major sesh. Some say Mcat is like coke, but it's not imo, more like pills - infact i reckon it's probably more or less mdma. Like others have said it's hard to sleep after taking it and although the comedown isn't really bad, it seems to go on for a few days. Anyone else found their bones and muscles ached for a day or two?

No, i used to love billy, and it's not like that. Billy was always great for works do's or card nights cos no matter how much alcohol you drank you never got ****ed. Bit **** not sleeping or eating for several days though when on a major sesh. Some say Mcat is like coke, but it's not imo, more like pills - infact i reckon it's probably more or less mdma. Like others have said it's hard to sleep after taking it and although the comedown isn't really bad, it seems to go on for a few days. Anyone else found their bones and muscles ached for a day or two?

I know my jaw did!!! for two days after if i pushed my jaw foward into a gurney position it felt like my whole face was bruised and it made my stomach reach!! madness :rolleyes:

tip: resist the gurn as much as possible! :D

I haven't had any problems like that but I know that several of my mates have experienced something similar. I think it is due to the fact that I never really take that much during an evening and my frinds that have experinced odd after affects have usually taken a far bit. How much had you taken when you had those effects?

I know my jaw did!!! for two days after if i pushed my jaw foward into a gurney position it felt like my whole face was bruised and it made my stomach reach!! madness :rolleyes:

tip: resist the gurn as much as possible! :D

Sounds like you chewed your lips mate. I know i did and am gonna make sure that never happens again.

I haven't had any problems like that but I know that several of my mates have experienced something similar. I think it is due to the fact that I never really take that much during an evening and my frinds that have experinced odd after affects have usually taken a far bit. How much had you taken when you had those effects?

Only a gram.

Sounds like you chewed your lips mate. I know i did and am gonna make sure that never happens again.

Sometimes I just cant resist. Mixture of lip chewing and grinding..... Never a good idea... I know at the time that Im going to regret it come the morning :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Jill poppers is only used by homosexuals, teenage ravers, and game middle aged women who love it up the tradesmans. Have you used it recently? ;)

So what? A few people have apparently died from it, how many people die in alcohol related deaths every weekend? Is there a clamour for booze to be banned?

It's the same with anything, if you're stupid enough to do things to excess, you deserve the consequences.

Making it illegal won't really do much, doesn't exactly stop people from shoving a load of coke up their hooter or doing a load of MDMA before going clubbing.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't take a drug that's being called "meow meow" seriously.

• 2 months later...

a right wing druggie?, nice

Legalise all drugs for over 18s, eductate all kids on their effects when they're 17 and let people make their own minds up. Sell perfectly clean stuff over the counter, the same as cigarettes and booze. Tax the heck out of it.

On the BBC report about the deaths the reporter made the same point about those supplying mcat being respectable plant food suppliers. Does anyone know if mephedrone is used in any well known fertilizer?

Anyone see South Today's two parter this week? Where they sent in an undercover reporter and filmed a student selling the stuff round sussex uni. They made such a deal over exposing him, poor guy has no doubt been kicked out of uni and and is facing charges now. Not like he was pressuring anyone into buying/taking the stuff.

Possibly entrapment and completely goes against the bbc's policy of delivering impartcial news, the sort of thing i'd expect from the daily mail.

btw, the only party that does promote a sensible properly thought out drugs policy, instead of brushing it under the carpet is the greens.

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/policypointers/ppdrugs.pdf

This
This as well. Sometimes I go out and think, mmmm wouldn't mind an ectoid (very rarely), would be great to pop into a shop and say two ectoids please, make them dancey, wouldn't have to spend the evening looking for shifty c*nts. When I went to amsterdam I went into a shop and bought some mushrooms, the bird behind the counter asked if I had any issues, I said I was very vain and felt a bit podgy, she recommended medium strength mushrooms, I went proper mad and it took me 3 weeks to feel normal therefore any mind altering drugs should not be sold to insecure freaks.