Saints v Swindon - 2nd Half thread.

Ponty

Just what is going wrong?

Does anyone actually have any idea, surely it cant be the fact Swindon are just the better team?

Nothing's really wrong. Swindon are just better organised than most and Charlie Austin is scoring for fun lately.

You take Norwich, and Leeds early season form, out of our league and you will see that no one can string a run of results together. At the weekend we beat leeds, but Colchester and Charlton both lost. Colchester after taking a late lead.

To may teams beat each other on their day, just the way footbal is at this level.

Does anyone actually have any idea, surely it cant be the fact Swindon are just the better team?

Big Dave called it on Saturday and it explains the daft away results. When teams press us and work hard we don't get space to play.

Swindon have worked very hard tonight and......

It is possible! Football can do this from time to time. Swindon are no mugs, I think sometimes we do need a little bit of a reality check here.

Yes we can be capable of some startling football but we need to keep our feet on the ground and put the effort in.

we are, but swindon are clearly good.

This is my point, Swindon have been very very good up until the last couple of weeks, and they lost was it 0-4 against Bristol Rovers!! After a few dodgy results they hit form again on Saturday with an away win.

The results are really all over the place, and not just ours. Our home form has been pretty steady all season and has got better, apart from today.

Not sure what's wrong. We have the players, but keep slipping up. Our points tally is appalling for the squad we have. If we carry on stuttering like this you have to fear for AP's job.

Yep. Unfortunately our squad is meant to be automatic promotion material right now. I'm not saying that we should be winning every game, and i'm not saying that I expected us to feature up top this season.

But 3 points from 3 games, when 7 is the least expected. We do stutter to much. If we do this next season and fail, there will be many angry fans. And one very angry chairman.

A clue might be to look at the League Table. They are above us, have more points than us even with 10pt deduction. Simple fact, they are game for game better than us. Why is that so shocking? (OK I know its hard to believe Swindon are better than Saints but thats how it is and why we won't be promoted this season)

I've said it twice already this season, but I think this time I actually mean it: There will be NO CHANCE of reaching the play-offs if we don't pick up all three points tonight!

20 mins left; time is running out!

Connolly on!

Unfortunately it will still be mathematically possible so that nagging hope will still be there.

I've said it twice already this season, but I think this time I actually mean it: There will be NO CHANCE of reaching the play-offs if we don't pick up all three points tonight!

20 mins left; time is running out!

Connolly on!

I reckon when we lost at Colchester on boxing day it ****ed it.

A clue might be to look at the League Table. They are above us, have more points than us even with 10pt deduction. Simple fact, they are game for game better than us. Why is that so shocking? (OK I know its hard to believe Swindon are better than Saints but thats how it is and why we won't be promoted this season)

Sad but true!

Not sure what's wrong. We have the players, but keep slipping up. Our points tally is appalling for the squad we have. If we carry on stuttering like this you have to fear for AP's job.

Quite right! With our squad we should have won this league straight away, skipped the fizzy-pop championship, flirted with the Prem and very easily claimed the Champions League, Global League, Planetary System League, Galaxy League and Universe League...

... all in one season and back in time for tea!

... and any so-called 'manager' who doesn't achieve all of this within the first ten and one half seconds from signing his contract should be shot at dawn...nah, never mind dawn, just get Cortese to blow him away soon as. Clearly not good enough for us!

(there is a reason why a small club called Manchester United is at the very pinnacle of world football... love them or hate them, love him or hate him but Fergie has been there since the dark ages. That is what makes a good football club. Stability and not dumb-arsed knee jerk reactions from instant gratification addicts as always presented here when we are losing...)

UP THE SAINTS..

Edited by 1976_Child