Media Server for my house?

Red Alert

Hello, what is the best way to have all my ripped dvds, tv shows etc in one place, able to be saved to from multiple laptops and if possible can be accessed from another place via the internet?

Dont think thats too clear so... my brother and I have loads of saved films between us, both always saved separately from each others collection we would like to be able to store it all together on something connected to our network i suppose so that it is always accessible by either of us at any time. However if it can be done it would be great if we could remotely access it from my girlfriends place for example. What is the best way of doing this? There must be a way but I am no where near technical enough to know what to look for. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://tversity.com/

is something I use to stream video etc to my wii so can watch on the TV. Works great all you have to do is post port forward your router to that ip address of your main pc and hey presto it works. Copy all your films to one place let the software index it and away you go

Problem you might have is your upload speed but tvasity does buffer it slight and I have watched films etc with no worries over the net