Can we make the play off's, yes or no?

Saintmike666

Can we make the play off's, yes or no?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Can we make the play off's, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Win all our games. Fate will decide whether we make it or not - but winning all our remaining games would a) appease Cortese and Liebherr, b) Ensure Pardew has another crack of the whip next season and c) give us a good platform in terms of form with which to start next season on.

I hate to say it, but I would swap a JPT final win in exchange for us winning all our remaining games...

Win all our games. Fate will decide whether we make it or not - but winning all our remaining games would a) appease Cortese and Liebherr, b) Ensure Pardew has another crack of the whip next season and c) give us a good platform in terms of form with which to start next season on.

I hate to say it, but I would swap a JPT final win in exchange for us winning all our remaining games...

switching to pedant mode, if we dont win the JPT final then we wont have won all our remaining games, will we ;)

In 8 days we could be 7 points off 6th place.

Beat Swindon - 13 points behind

Beat MK Dons for the 4th time, Swindon play Norwich = 10 points behind

Game in Hand vs Hartlepool - 7 points behind

9 games to play, 7 points to make up. Doesn't look so bad now. Especially considering Swindon have got to go to Leeds, Colchester and Millwall. There's 7 dropped points right there.

switching to pedant mode, if we dont win the JPT final then we wont have won all our remaining games, will we ;)

League games I meant, but good spot!

Seeing as winning all our remaining games would send us to the playoffs, I find this attitude, which is prevalent in our fan base, very depressing. :(

So you'd rather win the JPT Final than win all our remaining League games?:confused:

Seeing as winning all our remaining games would send us to the playoffs, I find this attitude, which is prevalent in our fan base, very depressing. :(

I see the confusion has been sorted, but just to be ultra pedantic, I would swap a JPT Final win for winning all our remaining games, whether they are League games or not. Because the others are playoff games..! Give me a guarantee of winning them all, and I'll be ecstatic. :)

I see the confusion has been sorted, but just to be ultra pedantic, I would swap a JPT Final win for winning all our remaining games, whether they are League games or not. Because the others are playoff games..! Give me a guarantee of winning them all, and I'll be ecstatic. :)

Get on to William Hills and see what odds they'll give you ;)

If we're within 10 points with 10 games left, we'll do it.

Win tonight, win saturday and win our game in hand next tuesday then its on. Swindon have Norwich at home saturday, if they lose the gap could be 7 points by next wednesday with 9 to go. Its ifs and buts and still a big ask but its more realistic.

The two realistically catachable teams have tough run ins, with Swindons looking particularly nasty

Norwich (h)

Leeds (a)

Colchester (a)

Millwall (a)

Colchester

Millwall (H)

Swindon (h)

Huddersfield (a)

We have probably the easiest run in off all the teams up there, with only charlton at home to come form the top 6 although we do have the two teams immediately above us and the one immediately below us to play away yet. Its doable but we definitely need to win tonight and thereafter 9 out of our last 11, which is a tall order.

Best thing about this season and particularly now is that even the doubters are secretely thinking (and expecting) that a high proportion of our last 12 games are ALL winnable! Over the last 10 years we would never have even dreamt of thinking that. Just shows what a little positivity does.

Making the Playoffs has been a fantasy for weeks. Its just surprising that people have continued to dream, when there has been no realistic prospect since the two defeats at the end of Dec, although even the Brighton game in Nov suggested there were still too many weaknesses. Not making the playoffs is no disaster though, its an opportunity for a better season next year, provided there is some re-building, a clear out of fringe players and one or two who will be over the hill, and a review of tactics.

No

I think the maths are against us. There are 33 points up for grabs for Saints and Colchester. 30 for Millwall.

For us to get to a play off place we have to hope that Colchester and Millwall drop 16 and 15 points respectively more than us in their next 10 / 11 games so we can nick their spot on goal difference (hopefully) by us winning every game

e.g.

Southampton 47+33 = 80 winning every game

Colchester 63+33 = 96 winning every game

Millwall 65+30=95 winning every game

I know this is a bit crude in terms of calculation but although I would love us to make it I can't see us out-pointing those teams to that extent.

if Rupert had put us in administration one week before he did we would'nt have had the 10 points deducted from the start of the season - it would have been left behind - that makes me spit!!!

Edited by Griff

No

I think the maths are against us. There are 33 points up for grabs for Saints and Colchester. 30 for Millwall.

For us to get to a play off place we have to hope that Colchester and Millwall drop 16 and 15 points respectively more than us in their next 10 / 11 games so we can nick their spot on goal difference (hopefully) by us winning every game

e.g.

Southampton 47+33 = 80 winning every game

Colchester 63+33 = 96 winning every game

Millwall 65+30=95 winning every game

I know this is a bit crude in terms of calculation but although I would love us to make it I can't see us out-pointing those teams to that extent.

if Rupert had put us in administration one week before he did we would'nt have had the 10 points deducted from the start of the season - it would have been left behind - that makes me spit!!!

Me too. And despite the Lowe luvvies excuses ("he had no choice", or "he thought he could get away with no points penalty because it was just the parent company in administration", blah blah blah) I maintain that the rosy cheeked one did it purely out of spite.

2a0463650258bb5c509d4c5cff6adc25.jpg

But we would still be 6 points behind the play-off places with 11 to play which is still quite a tall order considering the form of the others. True everything might be different but who knows...still we walked this league didn't we.

We won't make the play offs this season for certain;hasn't really been on for a couple of months or so.

I just hope that next season will live up to expectations but if getting shot of AP is what it takes to end this hideous hoof ball that Jaidi and Fonté seem to love then so be it. I hate hoofball, ball on the ground to feet and take the time to build up and create space, that's football. Chipping it over midfield is called rugby I think.

Fonte is a skillful, classy, ball playing centre back. Did no one tell you?

Well yes they did but having really looked closely at 4 full 90s I think I must have a different idea of what "silky and classy" mean.He constantly chips the ball forward.Maybe it's what he's told to do, I've no idea but he doesn't create anything by doing it.

Me too. And despite the Lowe luvvies excuses ("he had no choice", or "he thought he could get away with no points penalty because it was just the parent company in administration", blah blah blah) I maintain that the rosy cheeked one did it purely out of spite.

2a0463650258bb5c509d4c5cff6adc25.jpg

That about sums it up.

And now can we? Yes

Will we? I don't think so. I have been (over?) optimistic all season, but i can't see us having the consistency to win all (but 1?) of the remaining games.

But despite it all I am a happy saints fan. the total misrry of the past (Lowe gets a mention here) is gone. This season has been great so far, and more victories to come. Next season, champions? Who knows - automotic promotion must be the target.

But at least it is ENJOYABLE to watch them, for the first time for many seasons.