Can we make the play off's, yes or no?

Saintmike666

Can we make the play off's, yes or no?  

700 members have voted

1. 1. Can we make the play off's, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

With our home form we can DO it, but whether our away form will improve I'll say it'll be tight but just off.. we realistically have to win EVERY game and hope a couple of others slip up.

Saying that Swindon will go through a bad patch and Huddersfield are even Colchester are starting to look shaky. Millwall and Charlton are dead certs I think. I think these 3 games are vital Bristol Rovers away, Charlton home, Swindon at home.

No. Swindon in 6th have 63 from 35. 1.8 per game. If they were to continue that form for the remaining 11 games they would end on 82.8 points (83). We are on 47 with 12 games left. Even if by some miracle we win all 12, that only puts us on 83. We have to rely on two of the teams in 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th to go on a really bad run. One team, maybe, but not two. And I don't see us winning all 12. We'll drop points away from home somewhere along the way. I've believed all season but looking at the table tonight I just don't think it's possible.

Play offs ... theres a nice thought. Lets enjoy the rest of this season, take a few more scalps, let the 'top' teams fear coming to fortress St Marys. Learn what it takes to go away to some of these boggy fields and to grind out results with this young team and take it forward to next season starting on an even keel ... and enjoy!!!

Yep I think next season is the one - the ten points and bad start (with poor team) just left too much to do this season.

Next season we will start with confidence oozing and should (hopefully) smash all b4 us.

COYR

Glasgow...... is that really you?!

Be patient; A few months ago we were going out of existence.

We are on the verge of being a massive football club : its going to happen ...

and when it does ... you'll look back at these times with fond memories and appriciate what it is to be a supporter of SFC

One thing is for sure - if we do scrape into the play-off spots, football pundits the country over would surely brandish us the greatest third tier team the world has ever seen. (Especially as most of them have already written off our chances, God I'd love it...)

Add to that the fact that the form team usually does well in the play-offs. We'd have to be in some scintillating form if we did make it...

No.

And frankly I am loving seeing us win in this division. Next season, with the same set up, Pardew as boss, our squad, us supporters and our beautiful benefactor Mr Liebherr's cheque book when needed, we are well up next season. Next season will be the best season of football for our club in an iceage. Bring it on...

Up the Saints!

What a daft thread. Loony Tunes Comes to town.

Even if we win all 12 games we would reach 83 points which has not been enough to get into the top 6 when there are a few good teams and a lot of poor ones as this year.

Stop tormenting yourselves with all these what-ifs and start worrying about what happens xnext year if we dn;t make it.

I think its too far out of reach now, but at the start of the season we hardly had a team let alone a squad, its taken time to gel but now we have a strong squad and set up nicely for next season as i think should have always the plan, if we got up early it was only a bonus!

Definitely possible. Huddersfield, Bristol & Mk dons all catchable considering games in hand and fixtures against those teams. Don't see Swindon getting any more than thirteen points from their last ten matches. That means 29 points from our last 12. Considering our fixtures I'd give us a 30-40% chance.

Technically still yes but it is a big ask. We have to win and lots of other teams have to lose. Can't see it happening but there is still at least hope. Not the end of the world if we don't make it this year though. Hopefully we shall be stonger next season and in a better place to compete the season after if we do go up.

On paper at least we have the easiest run in of games on 6th spot while also having a game in hand on swindon. So say we win our game in hand and beat them in our next game when it is all leveled up we would be 10 points behind with 10 games to go.

They have to still play Leeds,Norwich,Colchester,Walsall and Millwall, most of those away.

We have to win at least 10 games out of our last 12 to get to the playoffs i would guess. It is going to be tough. But we have nothing to lose. Hopefully the bad ref decisions we have had this year will start to even out over these games.

Yes, we can mathmatically make the play-offs. This would require us to win all our remaining games, or virtually all of them if one of our play-off rivals really arses up big time.

Will we? I don't think we will. I bloody hope we do, but I think the gap is just too big. Huddersfield's recent demise gives us hope, but Tuesday's Swindon game is the real decider. Win that, and our game in hand, and I'll assess where we are then.

I'm enjoying each game as it comes at the minute, and long may that continue.

If we're within 10 points with 10 games left, we'll do it.

Before I voted, I had to clarify a few things in my head, as to the fixtures and form of the other teams involved in the promotion fight. The thing is, the other teams DON'T have to go on a bad run. Results DON'T necessarily have to go our way. The teams above Saints have to play each other and, win, lose or draw, they will compromise themselves because of that. If the balance of results goes according to quality, form and league position, then Saints will finish in 7th place, 1 point outside of the playoffs, but with Brighton to play at Withdean. Of course, Saints cannot trip themselves up anymore, which is the big caveat.

And before you ask, yes, I did the BBC Predictor yet again [it is getting less tedious with every interval], which makes it the 4th time, by now. We beat Brighton, and we are there. Suprisingly, a draw would be enough. Anyway, with the help of a bit of picture editing, I've added the final game to the total, with a 2-1 result. BTW, I voted YES, to.. Can Saints get to the playoffs..? Yes they can. Will they..? Is another matter.

Click on the thumbnail to look at the pretty table. ;)

BBC Predictor-46Adjust.jpg

Yes but unlikely. We need to start winning away. 16 points off is a long way but that should be 13 come Tuesday night. Then dont forget there are actually a few teams in the play off zone that are catchable and I can see them all winning every week, so when we do win, we should make some up.

Play offs ... theres a nice thought. Lets enjoy the rest of this season, take a few more scalps, let the 'top' teams fear coming to fortress St Marys. Learn what it takes to go away to some of these boggy fields and to grind out results with this young team and take it forward to next season starting on an even keel ... and enjoy!!!

Totally agree with this. I have already resigned myself to the fact that it's beyond us now because of the blistering pace those top 6/7 sides have set so far. Because of this I am now really enjoying our games, especially yesterday's 1 - 0 against Leeds. If I was still expecting play offs I would have been a nervous wreck being only one up. So let's enjoy the rest of the season, the football has been brilliant to watch recently and let's hope the team continues in it's present way so building up momentum for next season when automatic promotion will be expected. Of more concern is how many of these players will we be able to hang on to in the close season.

If we're within 10 points with 10 games left, we'll do it.

and thats do-able !! If we beat Swindon, then next weekend the teams in the play off zone have difficult matches so providing we beat MK Donalds, we should be ten off with a game in hand.

I think well get to around 80 points which any other season would make the playoffs. I just don't think the teams above will drop enough. It is still possible, I think well finish off with automatic form but even so it's not really in our hands. The important thing is that we look like sure fire champions for next season as we don't want to be losing our more ambitious players in the summer.