CCTV Images from the Poopey match

S41NTS

I think anyone who thinks the police will hand out prison sentences is having a "laaarf!" The most that lot will get will be a fine and a banning order.

You never know. It depends on what they are charged with, realistically it should be no more than criminal damage or threatening words and behaviour but the police might argue violent disorder which if football related can carry a custodial. That would be extremely harsh but a lot of pompey fans got banged up after the 04 game for throwing stones etc, although of course that was on a much larger scale. If the police & courts want to make examples of people then they can also hand out deterant sentances (which are a joke, but thats another arguement) which are automatically inflated sentances as they are supposed to act as a warning to others. A lot depends on the courts and police at the time and politics, think about death by dangerous driving, people a few years ago people were getting community service yet when it came into the public eye the sentances were inflated accordingly. If they want to make examples of people they will. With England bidding for the world cup, then maybe they might.

It does make me laugh on some of the guys we associated as yobs?

I recall watching loads of Saints fans banging on these fences while the Pompey fans was moving closer to the action, all of a sudden the fence falls down.

What happens next?

The Pompey fans move backwards quickly while the Saints fans put the fence back up in shock.

haha you've gotta laugh!

To have witnessed that, as you have stated you had... then you must have been right inside the Freeborn Garage as there was no other vantage points where you could have seen it.

What where you doing in there Pilchards? Are you a trouble-maker? Why on earth would you go there if you were not looking for trouble?

You are a hooligan... expect the 5 o'clock knock.

To have witnessed that, as you have stated you had... then you must have been right inside the Freeborn Garage as there was no other vantage points where you could have seen it.

What where you doing in there Pilchards? Are you a trouble-maker? Why on earth would you go there if you were not looking for trouble?

You are a hooligan... expect the 5 o'clock knock.

Maybe he's a steward.

Well I know of af least one local police officer who was attacked by the saints lot...I'm not for or against the trouble but in these modern times if you gonna act like a hooligan in front of a copper with a big video camera on his shoulder then you deserve what you get

I saw that incident, he was hardly attacked, jostled maybe to let someone go who had thrown something at a police horse and then he (the cop) stood back with his arms in the air looking very uneasy (he was a PSCO or whatever those fake ones are called).

It was an interesting sight to say the least!

Real football violence doesn't happen in the shadow of the stadium,that was just a load of mouthy kids being backed up by a few older blokes who pretend they were 'big' in the 80's.

The real stuff is organised and doesn't happen near the ground and more times than not doesn't even happen on a match day.

You can bet your life that out of the 20-30 people the old bill pull in, not one will be a recognised head,they will mostly be first time offenders who got caught up in the moment.

Real football violence doesn't happen in the shadow of the stadium,that was just a load of mouthy kids being backed up by a few older blokes who pretend they were 'big' in the 80's.

The real stuff is organised and doesn't happen near the ground and more times than not doesn't even happen on a match day.

You can bet your life that out of the 20-30 people the old bill pull in, not one will be a recognised head,they will mostly be first time offenders who got caught up in the moment.

Agreed mate!!

A whole lot of fuss over absolutely nothing!!! :(

The word "Poopey" .............. FFS.

To all the Court Jester hat brigade.. If you`re that bothered about the whole thing why not go over and say something to the lads involved instead of spouting ****e on here or sitting at home ringing crimewatch??

the last one in the picture (10) had an appointment at Bitterne police station at 12pm with three others in the wanted list.

He and the other been charged with Violent disorder and bail to Magistrates' Court and two of his bail condition is not to go within 100 meters of St Mary's stadium on a match day and sign on at his local police station at 2.50 on a match day.... FFS hardly worth the effort his solicitor reckons he will get a fine (about£300) and a 3 year football banning orders.... The good thing out of this is hopefully we could be up or near the Premiership (when banning order ends)....COYR......

Anyone who thinks someone warrants prison or lengthy community service for returning a stone/missile which was thrown at them is deluded.

I'm sorry, but it may just be a 'Couple of stones', but I heard on the radio a few years ago about a record breaking milkman that got hit in the eye with a pork pie. He died. Think he was called Eddie or something. Anyway I think the guy who did it was from Teddington, and he got away with this as it was only throwing a pork pie(not only that, but he also went and took Eddie's girlfriend as well). Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong and that all stone (pork pie) throwers should be punished?

I'm sorry, but it may just be a 'Couple of stones', but I heard on the radio a few years ago about a record breaking milkman that got hit in the eye with a pork pie. He died. Think he was called Eddie or something. Anyway I think the guy who did it was from Teddington, and he got away with this as it was only throwing a pork pie(not only that, but he also went and took Eddie's girlfriend as well). Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong and that all stone (pork pie) throwers should be punished?

Haha... you could look it in a more 'sensible' perspective

If you drive whilst on your mobile phone, you get done for careless driving... 3 points and a fine. This is because you 'could' kill someone because of your actions but didn't.

If you drive whilst on your mobile phone and have a crash, killing someone, then you are charged with death by dangerous driving and will almost certainly go to prison.

So there you have it... throwing a stone of a broken plastic chair which doesn't hit anyone or seriously injure anyone in this situation should probably carry a fixed penalty, by using this method.

However as it is football... it will be escalated and put on a par with a serious assault, regardless of the fact that nobody was injured or hurt.

If you drive whilst on your mobile phone, you get done for careless driving... 3 points and a fine. This is because you 'could' kill someone because of your actions but didn't.

If you drive whilst on your mobile phone and have a crash, killing someone, then you are charged with death by dangerous driving and will almost certainly go to prison.

So there you have it... throwing a stone of a broken plastic chair which doesn't hit anyone or seriously injure anyone in this situation should probably carry a fixed penalty, by using this method.

However as it is football... it will be escalated and put on a par with a serious assault, regardless of the fact that nobody was injured or hurt.

There's only intent in one of those scenarios, Stu.

How can you forget Ernie the Fastest Milkman in the West???

Well Eastleigh anyway...good old Benny.

Right again, stumpy. If everyone was punished on what could happen everytime someone breaks the speed limit they should be banged up for 5 years because they could have run someone over and killed them. talking about intent did the lad that threw the stone think "f'ck me, i hope this takes on of those coppers eyes out and blinds them for life" - of course they didn't. The whole thing is a joke. If this is all Hampshire Police have to do with themselves then they should be embarassed. Violent Disorder charges for this are a joke. Everyone would have forgotten about the supposed scenes of mass violence outside SMS that day If it wasn't for the echo & police glorifying the "incident", sticking CCTV images on every media source available, having a 10 minute slot prime time BBC tv the monday after and generally making a big song and dance about doing their bloody jobs! It was a nothing incident, which could have been avoided totally if the police had used common sense and kept the skates inside the ground after the game, you might think the arrests and charges are more about covering their own arses and justifying their existance and the cost of the operation rather than actually wanting to bring the so called criminals to justice.

Problem is the following. Throwing the stone, you probably have the mens rea of committing GBH, whilst not actually fulfilling the actus reus (Ernie aside). Personally, it's been a few years since I did Law, so don't really want to delve too far into it, but the same as punching someone, if you hit them and by some freak of nature it kills you, it still murder because the thrower has the mens rea of trying to hurt someone.

Problem is the following. Throwing the stone, you probably have the mens rea of committing GBH, whilst not actually fulfilling the actus reus (Ernie aside). Personally, it's been a few years since I did Law, so don't really want to delve too far into it, but the same as punching someone, if you hit them and by some freak of nature it kills you, it still murder because the thrower has the mens rea of trying to hurt someone.

no it would be manslaughter, if you hit them and they died you cannot prove it was meant to kill. There have been numerous cases of this, in fact someone i know wa aquited of manlaughter around 10 years ago, they punched someone who had been hassling them in self defence, the guy fell to the floor and hit his heard on the curb and died, but was aquited as CCTV proved it was self defence. there was also the incident outside Branigans a few years back when a guy was punched, hit his head and did, the guy that died it was convicted of manslaughter and sentanced to one year.

Edited by Turkish

no it would be manslaughter, if you hit them and they died you cannot prove it was meant to kill. There have been numerous cases of this, in fact someone i know wa aquited of manlaughter around 10 years ago, they punched someone who had been hassling them in self defence, the guy fell to the floor and hit his heard on the curb and died, but was aquited as CCTV proved it was self defence. there was also the incident outside Branigans a few years back when a guy was punched, hit his head and died, the guy that died it was convicted of manslaughter and sentanced to one year.

I'll show you the words that make the difference.

To be guilty of murder you don't actually have to have the mens rea of them wanting them to die, but just of causing GBH.

I'll show you the words that make the difference.

To be guilty of murder you don't actually have to have the mens rea of them wanting them to die, but just of causing GBH.

I know this is totally going of the subject but it is quite interesting. What about these people that stab someone once, but get aquited of murder but guilty of manslaughter as it cant be proven they meant to kill them? Surely stabbing someone they must know that there is chance the person may die?

As somebody who watched it happen it was really just handbags and a bit of posturing that has been blown out of all proportion. (Although feel sorry for the people who had their cars damaged). It also could have been avoided completely if it had been policed properly.

When I went away from home with Saints in the late 70's/early 80's you saw far worse than that virtually every week.

That said these days Magistrates tend to think anyone who goes to football is a thug so expect that they will get heavy penalties relative to other crimes you see on a friday and saturday night.

Not condoning violence but fed up with the happy clappers who just jump on these threads making it sound far worse than it was. For me love the atmosphere of a derby match and like SMS to have an intimidating atmosphere for visiting fans.

I know this is totally going of the subject but it is quite interesting. What about these people that stab someone once, but get aquited of murder but guilty of manslaughter as it cant be proven they meant to kill them? Surely stabbing someone they must know that there is chance the person may die?

Agreed, and I have to say I haven't heard of that. Not saying I don't believe you, but I've never heard of it happening.

I can not understand the puerile glorification of violence towards others regardless if they are poopey fans. If these morons are proved to be acting in a manner that could cause hurt and injury to other people, they deserve to get banned for their actions, I do not want thugs back at my club, I lived through the bad times when we were caged in like animals due to the thugs that blighted football in the 80's and the resultant tragedy that happened at Hillsborough due to be caged in like animals. I certainly do not want to go back to be treated like that. The thugs that are being sought had the oportunity after the game to leave peacefully and avoid trouble but they chose to seek it out and subsequently are going to have to pay the price. Why were the idiots filming themselve for youtube if not to glorify their actions.

I can not understand the puerile glorification of violence towards others regardless if they are poopey fans. If these morons are proved to be acting in a manner that could cause hurt and injury to other people, they deserve to get banned for their actions, I do not want thugs back at my club, I lived through the bad times when we were caged in like animals due to the thugs that blighted football in the 80's and the resultant tragedy that happened at Hillsborough due to be caged in like animals. I certainly do not want to go back to be treated like that. The thugs that are being sought had the oportunity after the game to leave peacefully and avoid trouble but they chose to seek it out and subsequently are going to have to pay the price. Why were the idiots filming themselve for youtube if not to glorify their actions.

There is a vast difference to the actions of the people involved in what the media and police would have you believe was the battle of Freeborn garage, to what went on in the 80's. Quite simply very little happened, i know i was there, i saw it with my own eyes. The only ones glorifying the so called violence are the police and the media. The police used ever available medium to show what they were doing, they even had a film crew following them round and interviewing them on the day of the game FFS! The echo have made it front page news on half a dozen occasions., its been glorified by the echo to sell papers and by the police who are obviously keen to show A/ They weren't at fault by letting the fans out at the same time and b/justify the cost of the operation and C/ Quite clearly enjoyed the attention. Obviously there are a few idiots who have stuck it on you tube but in reality what? lots of standing around shouting, lots of posturing, no one hurt, no one injured, no real violence. As i've stated i am neither condeming nor condoning the actions of those involved, but the simple fact is does someone deserve having their picture on the front page of the echo, so their family employers etc can see, do they derserve trumped up charges, punishment and sentances for doing what on another day in another place would not even warrent a mention in the paper or an arrest?

What on earth girls you the right to say what i am saying is a load of rubbish? Okay so some people may have been frightened, but i had women, young kids around me and none of them appeared the least bit bothered by the supposed riot that was going on about 20 foot away and actually went out of their way to have a look at what was going on.

Ignoring the opening of your sentence, as it makes no sense at all (not much of a surprise), I would suggest the reason the woman and children with you were not fearful or bothered by the trouble is probably because they are used to a life of domestic violence on a day to day basis. Bascially, you come across as real scum, the sort of person who should just be put straight in the nick, regardless of evidence and your children (or whose ever children they were) taken into care where they can be brought up to know right from wrong.

Ignoring the opening of your sentence, as it makes no sense at all (not much of a surprise), I would suggest the reason the woman and children with you were not fearful or bothered by the trouble is probably because they are used to a life of domestic violence on a day to day basis. Bascially, you come across as real scum, the sort of person who should just be put straight in the nick, regardless of evidence and your children (or whose ever children they were) taken into care where they can be brought up to know right from wrong.

Well for one, the women and kids were nothing to do with me, there is no place for woman at football. And as for the nick i'll see you there and you can be my ***** :heart:

Hants OB put 35 skates in prison at 'that' Fratton derby... it's not a 'larf' it's a strong possibility. After all... none of us know what the people they arrested are going to be charged with.

Excellent. If the incidents were as mild as you claim then I am sure the charges will match. After all, we'll all be paying their solicitors from our taxes to make sure that the charges are the lowest appropriate ones and are vigorously defended if the evidence is weak. But if their actions are proved serious enough to warrant prison sentences then they only have themselves to blame.

And the police knock at 5 o'clock to have the most chance of cathing the person in. Do you not agree that to arrest them at a subsequent game as you suggest might, in fact, engender further violence from others? Would you not be complaining on here about police provocation in those circumstances?

But I know that, whether to wind people up or because you genuinely believe it, you will always be here to speak up for the knuckle-dragging minority.

Right, so they're asking to talk to these gentlemen to congratulate them on their dashing looks and fantastic hair styles?

Sorry, and all that, but when it comes down to it, you are innocent until proven guilty. That is the law of the land. If you wish to go in and assist the police with their enquiries, this does not infer guilt. If you have a solicitor it does not infer guilt. If you wish to walk out at any stage, (unless of course under arrest) it does not infer guilt. Perhaps you are only there to assist the police with their enquiries, or to eliminate yourself from the investigation. Even that loverly caution that they throw at you, even though it's intention was to rock the criminal community who used to keep schtum, was only re-written to allow this thing they have in court called, 'inference', to be used if you believe that their version of events or alibi must be a total lie because otherwise you would have brought it up when arrested.

I for one do not know if they are guilty or not, and, (gonna shock you), I don't really care. IF they had committed a crime, and it is proven, then they should be punished within the law. IF the case cannot be proven, then, boys and girls, unfortunately they are innocent of the crime and off they go, free as a bird. I hate to say it, but I believe in the rule of law. I believe it is broken and in some respects non-functional, I believe it is biased in favour of the criminal, and I believe that it can be improved by listening to those that do the job, and getting rid of a lot of the paperwork. I don't believe all coppers are bastards, just some of them, as I believe not all site managers are bastards, but some of them are. In life not everyone in the population are bastards, just some people. I also believe that it is everyone’s civic duty to, if they know these people, encourage them to give themselves up, or to in their own good conscience inform on them to the police, or not to. I nether encourage or discourage, and I don't judge as I do not know the circumstances involved.

Got I hate being serious, especially on a Friday night but I am working.

Anyway the first one is either a Lemmy from Motorhead or my skinnier younger brother.

Excellent. If the incidents were as mild as you claim then I am sure the charges will match. After all, we'll all be paying their solicitors from our taxes to make sure that the charges are the lowest appropriate ones and are vigorously defended if the evidence is weak. But if their actions are proved serious enough to warrant prison sentences then they only have themselves to blame.

And the police knock at 5 o'clock to have the most chance of cathing the person in. Do you not agree that to arrest them at a subsequent game as you suggest might, in fact, engender further violence from others? Would you not be complaining on here about police provocation in those circumstances?

But I know that, whether to wind people up or because you genuinely believe it, you will always be here to speak up for the knuckle-dragging minority.

Re taxes & charges-do you not think the police will go for the highest possible charges? Do you not think they have to do this to justify the cost of the investigtion and operation? If posts are true that the people involved have been charged with violent disorder then that is scandelous. there is no way on earth that charge is warranted compared to what you see going on in city centres at weekends. Since when have the government been concearned with squandering tax payers money on football related trials? It wasnt so long ago that estimates of a football related trial went to £4m. According to some reports passers by were "running for theirs lives" from a battle the press dubbed resembled a scene from the film Braveheart, but in reality no one was hurt, either the hooligans involved or these supposed innocent passers by, no property damaged and the so called battle was over in less than a minute, was that a good use of tax payers money, our money? Did the police give a toss about that? no, they got their headlines and thier convictions that was all they gave a toss about.

Re 5 o'clock knock, usually for terrorists, serious organised drug dealers and criminals, oh and a bloke that threw a stone after a football match. Guarenteed that the dawn raids will be headlines in the papers and the lead story on local news as the police justify the cost in a blaze of publicity and frenzy. For whose benifit? What was the most read story on the echo website today? The public, the police, the media, eveyone loves a good football violence story dont they. 6 front pages echo stories in a month, half a TV documentry on it, the media provides it and the public lap it up, whilst pretending to hate it and condem it everyone knows the public are secretly fasinated by it all and the media and police absoutely love it.

Re Knuckle dragging minority, such arrogance, need i say more?

Edited by Turkish

If they were $k@tes, there would be vitriol all round and everyone clamouring for them to get somewhere between 20 years and life. As they're Saints, they're bizarrely compared to war heroes.

I didn't see any incidents myself and I'm sure that there is a flaming on the way, but I'd like to think that anyone that anyone acting like a twonk on the day will be dealt with in the manner of a twonk, no matter what their colours.

That's right - twonk

The most bizarre and concerning law at the mo' is the Guilty by association. In effect you can be no where near a murder but still get done for it if you knew the offender was carrying a knife and can be proved to have been with them. Its a law that is years old that the police have "discovered".

There are Saints fans that have been banned from all football matches because they are guilty by association. Totally outrageous if you ask me.

One mate got a 3 year banning order simply for 'entering a football stadium whilst under the influence of alcohol'

No violence, not even a swear word, not an opposition fan in sight... 3 year ban.

Now, I'm not saying this is not true, but I'm sure it's not as cut and shut as this. Considering stadiums are licensed to sell alcohol, I find it difficult to believe that this was the only aggravating factor. And it depends how under the influence he was etc. I know people like to criticse the English Legal System, but you will find it hard to come across a case where upon appeal the correct decision is not made. The reasonable person test is there to stop this, as is trial by elders. Fair enough, the persons council may not present a good case, but based on the facts of a case it is difficult for the wrong decision to be made.

Now, I'm not saying this is not true, but I'm sure it's not as cut and shut as this. Considering stadiums are licensed to sell alcohol, I find it difficult to believe that this was the only aggravating factor. And it depends how under the influence he was etc. I know people like to criticse the English Legal System, but you will find it hard to come across a case where upon appeal the correct decision is not made. The reasonable person test is there to stop this, as is trial by elders. Fair enough, the persons council may not present a good case, but based on the facts of a case it is difficult for the wrong decision to be made.

It was at Luton (A) and the person banned posts on here.

It is an offence to attempt to enter a ground pizzed up and it's an offence that can also carry a 3 year banning order.

It's the word of the OB against yours and the OB's word is always taken.

He was smashed, they refused him entry, he walked away for 5 minutes and had another go at getting in and was then arrested... no struggle, no assaulting police, no resisting arrest, no bad language, no opposition fan in sight.

That is 100% true. I was there.

Banning orders can be handed out with little or no justification. And in alot of cases, they are.

DPS - Stu is right.

Banning orders are being given out at the mo willy nilly.

The law is not above criticism - as I've said above the law of guilty by association is outrageous. There is one case (not footie related) where there is a bloke in prison at the mo' because someone he knows stabbed another bloke. Matey goy put away for a near on life sentence yet was nowhere near the scene of the crime when the stabbing took place. How is that right?