Marian Pahars...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Here's my Marion Anecdote;

Back in 2001 i was living in Spain after flogging a company I used to run. in those days I was relatively flush so I decided it would be a good idea to buy a holiday home back in the Southampton area to stay when we visited the family. The estate agent showed my sister a house in Valley Park Chandlers Ford that she thought would be ideal for us. It turned out to be the Pahars family home. On my next visit back I spoke to the agent and said that I'd like a second viewing, now, even though i lived in Spain i had kept my season ticket and so I was well aware that the day i could make the second viewing was the day after Saints played Blackburn away midweek. As a thoughtful fan I suggested a late morning viewing to let the guy lay in a bit. To cut an already long story short, we liked the house and said to Mrs Pahars that subject to seeing the bedroom I'd be keen on placing an offer. "oh my husbands in bed" she said. "well I've got a plane to catch" says I. "I'll go and ask him if he'll get up so you can see the room" says a very attractive Latvian Mrs Pahars, after an awkward 5 mins at the bottom of the stairs she came down and said in her Russian accent, "sorry, my husband won't get up". So I never did see the bedroom and he lost himself a buyer. I always admired his football but could never get over the arrogance of someone who thought themselves too important to get out of bed at midday when someone had flown a couple of thousand miles to see his bedroom.

Its takes all sorts I suppose..

You didn't buy a house just because you couldn't see the bedroom, surely all you need to know is the dimensions... Crazy! Some people!!!

Crowds

Here's my Marion Anecdote;

Back in 2001 i was living in Spain after flogging a company I used to run. in those days I was relatively flush so I decided it would be a good idea to buy a holiday home back in the Southampton area to stay when we visited the family. The estate agent showed my sister a house in Valley Park Chandlers Ford that she thought would be ideal for us. It turned out to be the Pahars family home. On my next visit back I spoke to the agent and said that I'd like a second viewing, now, even though i lived in Spain i had kept my season ticket and so I was well aware that the day i could make the second viewing was the day after Saints played Blackburn away midweek. As a thoughtful fan I suggested a late morning viewing to let the guy lay in a bit. To cut an already long story short, we liked the house and said to Mrs Pahars that subject to seeing the bedroom I'd be keen on placing an offer. "oh my husbands in bed" she said. "well I've got a plane to catch" says I. "I'll go and ask him if he'll get up so you can see the room" says a very attractive Latvian Mrs Pahars, after an awkward 5 mins at the bottom of the stairs she came down and said in her Russian accent, "sorry, my husband won't get up". So I never did see the bedroom and he lost himself a buyer. I always admired his football but could never get over the arrogance of someone who thought themselves too important to get out of bed at midday when someone had flown a couple of thousand miles to see his bedroom.

Its takes all sorts I suppose..

Brilliant.