Ticket Watch - SOLD OUT

LVSaint

Your memories of the League cup final aren't too good, there was loads of trouble in one lower tier section behind the goal where Saints and Forest fans were in the same block

Happens at every game though - tube from Baker St was a bit hairy, but mainly Saints fans trying to goad a few Forest fans. In the part of the ground I was in there was a lot of Forest, lot of banter, but pretty good humour. A couple of theirs keeping up a running commentary with lots of comments about Saints players - but really funny, as were there comments about some of Forest too!

On-line sales now showing as sold out. I couldn't get any despite having two linked customer numbers on the database. It just wouldn't allow me to book. I don't understand why some people have been able to book 10 or 20 tickets. Is that just through having lots of linked members on the database?

A friend of mine says that Club Wembley holders aren't offered seats for the JPT Final, so where have these other 20,000+ seats gone?!?!

On-line sales now showing as sold out. I couldn't get any despite having two linked customer numbers on the database. It just wouldn't allow me to book. I don't understand why some people have been able to book 10 or 20 tickets. Is that just through having lots of linked members on the database?

A friend of mine says that Club Wembley holders aren't offered seats for the JPT Final, so where have these other 20,000+ seats gone?!?!

someone said yesterday that you can just buy them, but I suppose some will be distributed by ticket agencies and what have you at exhorbitant prices.

I notice on the OS: "Should we get any further tickets of any number, we will advise supporters in advance of these being placed on sale." I suspect they're working on it, and are as chuffed as we all are with what is a cracking response, even without some of us poor expat types;-). I bet the phone staff are glad of the rest.

Knew we would sell out!

Pretty safe bet, if Carlisle can sell 25000 or so from a 7000 home crowd base then we should have got 55000 for our 20000 home crowd. Still expect there will be a few floating about(on the black market and otherwise) for those who didn't get sorted out the first time round.

Your memories of the League cup final aren't too good, there was loads of trouble in one lower tier section behind the goal where Saints and Forest fans were in the same block

There was loads of trouble in the ground that day, both in there end and in ours. Especially in the lower tier as you say. most of it towards the en of the game when we were losing.

Trouble outside was pretty bad as well. It was the worst seen at a Wembley final up to that point, over 100 arrests. Mostly Saints fans.

I think it really is hit or miss as far as online applications are concerned. We tried to book online during the ST holders week. Despite the fact that there were nine ST holders on the application, along with seven extras, we were told that we didn't have permission to purchase tickets at that time. Consequently, we had to buy over the phone, adding another £48 to the cost.

There was loads of trouble in the ground that day, both in there end and in ours. Especially in the lower tier as you say. most of it towards the en of the game when we were losing.

Trouble outside was pretty bad as well. It was the worst seen at a Wembley final up to that point, over 100 arrests. Mostly Saints fans.

Me and a mate were their that day, I was 14. Stuck in the Forest end in a section of Saints fans. It turned ugly just after half-time when we realised most of the Saints fans had buggered off up the other end. Two 14 year olds being threatened by Forest fans.

Linked 5 season tickets and hey presto. 10 tickets.

That's what many have done.

oh well looks like I won't be going...

Just got off the phone to the TO as I was chasing delivery of my Leeds ticket. Lady told me there were still 24 poor sods in the queue waiting to be told they had sold out. She said that the club were trying to get more tickets.

Just got off the phone to the TO as I was chasing delivery of my Leeds ticket. Lady told me there were still 24 poor sods in the queue waiting to be told they had sold out. She said that the club were trying to get more tickets.

Here's hoping, I am actually on the database but I've been out of the country for a while and didn't think they'd sell out before the 15th, oh well my fault I suppose

She said that the club were trying to get more tickets.

The only extra seats conceivably available to us are in the upper tier 517-522 as Carlisle have sold seats in their other sections. The trouble is these seats are right above an area populated by their fans which could potentially throw up a few problems. I'm also guessing this could mean both sets of fans would be using the same turnstile block?

Still, if anyone could convince them to give us more surely Mr Cortese could. :)

I hope all the plastics like you got in early to get your share to see our underperfoming team and hapless tactically inpet manager. Make sure you tell them from Block 530... ;)

I think it may be best if GS does not make himself known.

oh well looks like I won't be going...

There will almost certainly be spares on here from people who've bought them just because they could and their mates have already got tickets via other means, keep your eyes peeled...

if tickets had been on completely open general sale, how many do you think we could have sold?

I think about 60k, obviously many of these will be people in southampton who take an interest in saints but not really fans, plus family + mates of regulars who would come along for the day out.

just e-mailed the ticket office and rubbish reply they were sold out,i asked what happened to my tickets they were ordered 3 weeks ago.

got reply again going out on the 15 th i was worried,what a mess.

You would have been told when you brought them that they wouldn't be sent out until the 15th. Also stated on the website.

You would have been told when you brought them that they wouldn't be sent out until the 15th. Also stated on the website.
i agree but on the first day no one seemed to know what was happening and were not getting answers from the staff ,thats why saintsfc put up apology on how matters were handled on their website. Edited by solentstars

Couldnt get through on the phone so took a gamble and went down to the ground, as the lady on kiosk was searching a seat for me it came up sold out!! Annoyed is not the word at the moment!

Please can we have a missed out thread, Ha Ha ha ha ah aha ha a ahanahhah

Is there any chance of still getting tickets? Would it be worth the price to buy the Club Wembley seats?

http://www.ticket4football.com/exclusives-tickets/1653/4092/carlisle-vs-southampton-johnstones-paint-trophy-final-wembley-stadium-28-march-2010-tickets.aspx

Depends if you think a £58 ticket is worth £125 really.

Don't understand the sudden upswell in ticket sales myself,20000 regular home

gate=44000+ Wembley ticket take up, the town will soon be swamped with

"extra tickets" so it might be worth waiting on a day of two.I mean there was that poster that said he'd bought 20 for some foreign student culture group, perhaps he'd be prepared to sell you one .

Depends if you think a £58 ticket is worth £125 really.

Don't understand the sudden upswell in ticket sales myself,20000 regular home

gate=44000+ Wembley ticket take up, the town will soon be swamped with

"extra tickets" so it might be worth waiting on a day of two.I mean there was that poster that said he'd bought 20 for some foreign student culture group, perhaps he'd be prepared to sell you one .

the town will be swamped with extra tickets?

Don't think so mate, of course there will be some spares going around nearer the time, but most people who bought extra were for friends or family who wanted to go, and there is clearly still appetite for more tickets.

the 20 foreign student point you make was referring to the Leeds game - by the way expect a large number of Leeds fans in our end on saturday.