What's the rush?

hamster

Please, please show me a quote where the people at the top have said they are expecting promotion this season? And don't bring out that little "we should be winning more league games" one, because that is not proof that he expects promotion.

The only quotes i've seen have said that it is a 5 year plan.

Please don't quote the sad pathetic WUM.

http://www.bullying.co.uk

This should help you find some of the answers you are looking for. Stay strong GS :smt059

Thanks Dig Dig - much appreciated.

I notice from the website that you kindly provided that fewer children are bullied in America.

Having read this I notice that LA_Saint & NEWYORK_Saint are seldom picked on here....coincidence?

Why cant everyone just get on?

Thanks Dig Dig - much appreciated.

I notice from the website that you kindly provided that fewer children are bullied in America.

Having read this I notice that LA_Saint & NEWYORK_Saint are seldom picked on here....coincidence?

Why cant everyone just get on?

This is true however the thread by tijuana tim about late goals showed that there are some exceptions to the norm.

As to why eveyone can't get on. This is a good question but I think it comes down to people's inability not to take this place and themselves too seriously.

Anyway why are we worrying? Think ourselves lucky we don't follow Poopey, Southend, Stockport, Cardiff, Bournemouth,etc who are all financially in the mire! UTS.

what would happen to us if Southend get wound up in 35 days time?

We'd lose at least the 3 points that we got by winning at Roots Hall I suppose,that won't help our play off bid then.

what would happen to us if Southend get wound up in 35 days time?

We'd lose at least the 3 points that we got by winning at Roots Hall I suppose,that won't help our play off bid then.

On the other hand, all teams which have beaten them will be docked the points which should be the majority of our play offs rivals (I'm assuming). Some may have already played and beaten them twice so it may work out in our favour

What's the rush ?

Ever considered that our new owners and management might not have unlimited patience or open-ended chequebooks ?

No, I think it is more a case of you wanting it now,now,now, rather than them wanting an immediate return on their investment. I think you'll find that they have a target to get back into the Premiership, and once there they will reap the rewards, but it is a waiting game, and nothing would be a greater set back than to gain promotion too soon, be unable to keep the foothold whilst you offload the L1 players and find CCC/EPL types, and end up being relegated.

Think of it as a military strategy. You have to prepare your best troops and then advance when you are ready. Then you must strengthing your position before moving on.

Season 1) Spend a season in L1 to ensure we remain here, ( Remember we are 16 points from playoffs, but only 12 from Relegation) and build the team to not only win in L1 and get promotion, but strong enough to gain mid table in the CCC.

Season 2) Gain automatic promotion with the team, picking up and strengthening and giving depth ever so slightly, just fine tuning the team.

Season 3) Into the CCC, looking for Mid table to Top 10, with some more strengthening the team to survive in the PL, getting rid of those that no longer give value with maybe the upshot that we could reach the play-offs.

Season 4) Gain promotion either automatically or through play-offs, but automatically would be the target, picking up and strengthening and giving depth ever so slightly to the team, just fine tuning the team.

Season 5) Lookinbg for Mid table, definatly, in the Promised land of over paid mercenaries, screaming girls, and failed marriages.

You could call this a 5 year plan. maybe I'll sugest it to NC?

SSA: Hi, is that Mr Nicola Cortese?

NC: yes it is. You are on speaker phone. with me is Marcus and Alan.

SSA: Hello everyone. Can I just start by saying to Marcus, many thanks for rescuing us, and also cudos on the design of the new Toroidal continuously variable transmission and the upcoming Bauma’ Innovation Award for your energy storage cylinder in the new LH 12 C.

ML: Yes, thank you little man. Now stop soft soaping, what do you want?

SSA: Well, I have this 5 year plan for getting us back into the premiership. In season one, we consolidate...........

NC: Um, let me just stop you there a second. Has this 5 year plan anything to do with Consolidation-Promotion cycle with spending one year building a team for the next.

SSA: Yes it does. How did you guess?

NC: You haven't been bugging the conference room have you? or my bedroom? Or the toilets?

SSA: No. I don't do things like that anymore. I've changed, ever since the unpleasantness that we don't talk about any more. I just had this idea.

ML: Sorry, already thought of it.

AP: Yes and we have even had tee-shirts made.

NC: And napkins. On one side is the Saints crest, on the other is the five year plan.

AP: What do you think we been doing this season?

SSA: Yes, sorry. It's just I have some other fans who think that Mr Leibherr should spend 2.5 Billion Euros in this league to get us to the premiership.

ML: Tell me, Mr Site Agent...

SSA: Please Marcus, call me Secret.

ML: OK, Secret, and you can call me Herr Liebherr. Are you any good at the management of construction?

SSA: Why yes, I believe I am.

ML: Then I don't have to worry about you making a living as a Football Manager, or director of a Football Club.

NC: Thanks for calling Mr Agent. Keep supporting the Saints. Come on you reds, and we will see you on Saturday.

SSA: But what should I tell those that want instant success?

NC: Tell them they are idiots. I don't come round their house telling them how to sell fries with another purchase, so please ask them to trust that I know what I am doing.

AP: And that goes for me, too. None of them have a bell, do they?

SSA: No.

AP: And you?

SSA: No, I haven't got a bell.

AP: Is you first name Peter?

SSA: No!

AP: Just checking. We have had a number of people making suggestions lately that makes no business or footballing sense what so ever. I mean, who in their reight mind is going to buy players they can't afford.

NC: Yes. And do you remember the one about you can save money by not paying the tax man.

ML: I found the interesting one to be the man who wanted me to partner up with him selling 'hand held ex-russian' machinery in the middle east.

NC: Anyway , Mr Agent. Thanks for phoning.

SSA: No problem. Just trying to help. Umm, Herr Liebherr. Any chance of a bit of a discount from your family on a LTM 1500-8 in Blue on easy terms?

ML: Can you **** off now please.

SSA: Thank you gents.

Edited by Secret Site Agent

No, I think it is more a case of you wanting it now,now,now, rather than them wanting an immediate return on their investment. I think you'll find that they have a target to get back into the Premiership, and once there they will reap the rewards, but it is a waiting game, and nothing would be a greater set back than to gain promotion too soon, be unable to keep the foothold whilst you offload the L1 players and find CCC/EPL types, and end up being relegated.

Think of it as a military strategy. You have to prepare your best troops and then advance when you are ready. Then you must strengthing your position before moving on.

Season 1) Spend a season in L1 to ensure we remain here, ( Remember we are 16 points from playoffs, but only 12 from Relegation) and build the team to not only win in L1 and get promotion, but strong enough to gain mid table in the CCC.

Season 2) Gain automatic promotion with the team, picking up and strengthening and giving depth ever so slightly, just fine tuning the team.

Season 3) Into the CCC, looking for Mid table to Top 10, with some more strengthening the team to survive in the PL, getting rid of those that no longer give value with maybe the upshot that we could reach the play-offs.

Season 4) Gain promotion either automatically or through play-offs, but automatically would be the target, picking up and strengthening and giving depth ever so slightly to the team, just fine tuning the team.

Season 5) Lookinbg for Mid table, definatly, in the Promised land of over paid mercenaries, screaming girls, and failed marriages.

You could call this a 5 year plan. maybe I'll sugest it to NC?

SSA: Hi, is that Mr Nicola Cortese?

NC: yes it is. You are on speaker phone. with me is Marcus and Alan.

SSA: Hello everyone. Can I just start by saying to Marcus, many thanks for rescuing us, and also cudos on the design of the new Toroidal continuously variable transmission and the upcoming Bauma’ Innovation Award for your energy storage cylinder in the new LH 12 C.

ML: Yes, thank you little man. Now stop soft soaping, what do you want?

SSA: Well, I have this 5 year plan for getting us back into the premiership. In season one, we consolidate...........

NC: Um, let me just stop you there a second. Has this 5 year plan anything to do with Consolidation-Promotion cycle with spending one year building a team for the next.

SSA: Yes it does. How did you guess?

NC: You haven't been bugging the conference room have you? or my bedroom? Or the toilets?

SSA: No. I don't do things like that anymore. I've changed, ever since the unpleasantness that we don't talk about any more. I just had this idea.

ML: Sorry, already thought of it.

AP: Yes and we have even had tee-shirts made.

NC: And napkins. On one side is the Saints crest, on the other is the five year plan.

AP: What do you think we been doing this season?

SSA: Yes, sorry. It's just I have some other fans who think that Mr Leibherr should spend 2.5 Billion Euros in this league to get us to the premiership.

ML: Tell me, Mr Site Agent...

SSA: Please Marcus, call me Secret. LOL

ML: OK, Secret, and you can call me Herr Liebherr. Are you any good at the management of construction?

SSA: Why yes, I believe I am.

ML: Then I don't have to worry about you making a living as a Football Manager, or director of a Football Club.

NC: Thanks for calling Mr Agent. Keep supporting the Saints. Come on you reds, and we will see you on Saturday.

SSA: But what should I tell those that want instant success?

NC: Tell them they are idiots. I don't come round their house telling them how to sell fries with another purchase, so please ask them to trust that I know what I am doing.

AP: And that goes for me, too. None of them have a bell, do they?

SSA: No.

AP: And you?

SSA: No, I haven't got a bell.

AP: Is you first name Peter?

SSA: No!

AP: Just checking. We have had a number of people making suggestions lately that makes no business or footballing sense what so ever. I mean, who in their reight mind is going to buy players they can't afford.

NC: Yes. And do you remember the one about you can save money by not paying the tax man.

ML: I found the interesting one to be the man who wanted me to partner up with him selling 'hand held ex-russian' machinery in the middle east.

NC: Anyway , Mr Agent. Thanks for phoning.

SSA: No problem. Just trying to help. Umm, Herr Liebherr. Any chance of a bit of a discount from your family on a LTM 1500-8 in Blue on easy terms?

ML: Can you **** off now please.

SSA: Thank you gents.

During this conversation you were asked about 'bugging' and you say "I don't do things like that anymore" yet you have managed to transcript the whole conversation - have you done this from memory or did you record this call.

p.s is ok for me to call you secret? And is this your real name? If so I like it!

During this conversation you were asked about 'bugging' and you say "I don't do things like that anymore" yet you have managed to transcript the whole conversation - have you done this from memory or did you record this call.

p.s is ok for me to call you secret? And is this your real name? If so I like it!

Yes. My father had a funny sense of humour. As long as you don't mind me calling you Glasgow

And I was transcribing it as I went, to establish some contemporanious notes should I decide to take legal action over the success of the five year plan.

I am satisfied that Pardew, the team and NC are ambitious enough to want to be as successful as possible as quickly as possible and therefore we as fans should be content to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I have 2 issues with those fans who use ambition as a smoke screen for impatience:

Firstly they are putting even more pressure on the team than there already is - surely this is not the role of a supporter - what happened to the concept of the 12th man? This also leads to a mindset that any slip up is unacceptable which causes some peoples support to become negative rather than positive.

Secondly, they are robbing themselves of the enjoyment of seeing our decimated team slowly but surely rising from the ashes and developing into potentially something very special - maybe even a team to rival the Lawrie Mac era.

This is the most fun I have had supporting saints since 2003 and I am certainly not going to allow my enjoyment to be spoilt by a very small minority of fans who in my opinion seem to take everything Saints related just a little bit too seriously and have become totally obsessed with results.

I can appreciate the imparience from those that may not be around a lot longer to enjoy the success that I believe will follow but i also know 2 people who are so chuffed to be going to see Saints at the new Wembley this month as they never thought they would get the chance to see that in their lifetime.

With the foundations that we know have in place for success I really do think it is time to go back to just being fans, supporting the team and enjoying seeing them develop and grow into potentially a real force in English football.

Personally I think this team is learning all of the time and will not repeat the mistakes of this season next year and i fully expect that we will achieve automatic promotion, probably as champions so there really isn't that much to complain about surely?

Excellent post, I completely agree. Of course, I want promotion. I think this team could do well in the Championship. And as long as it remains a mathematical possibility I'll be hoping for it.

But, if it doesn't happen this year I know the reasons and most of them are beyond Pardew's and the current team's control. We all know we had a dreadful end to last season and an awful summer and start to this one. But, since then, I've been loving going to games knowing that we are more than likely to win and that the manner of our playing is generally very entertaining.

It's a great season. It will be even better if we win the JPT and better still if we get promoted. But it's not the end of the world if we don't. This year.

A derby with Bournemouth next season would be a good little derby, perhaps the last chance for one for a while.

I've enjoyed this season. We've put up with enough crud in the last few years to know when we're on to a good thing. 7 defeats in the league all season is a good return so far, if only we have suffered less draws and more wins. Finding that winning mentality in tight games is something we must do next year to get promoted. We must get promoted though. It's all very well toddling around in League One, but Mr Liebherr and his cash won't stick around for ever. It's all about promotion. Even the CCC would do for a couple of seasons, but one way or the other we must do it next season, or I can envisage, though I really hope it doesn't happen, the better elements of the squad sold off.

This is the kind of thread topic that sorts the wheat from the chaff in my humble opinion.

There appears to be a lot of anger around the place (Saints) still and I am not sure where it's roots lie, I am pretty confident though that it is is not football related. Football is just a convenient forum for some angry tyoes to vent their spleens. That's the norm on a match day one might argue, but on an internet forum?

There is no hurry and those quoting things like 'he who aspires to mediocrity...' and all that crap are being quite insulting I believe.

Time and tide wait for ne man, but AC Roma was not buily in a day. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

by the way, re the 'wheat - chaff' bit, I reckon we shook off quite a bit of the chaff when we dropped down two leagues, perhaps not!

Glasgow & Alpine AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why don't you go and support/slag off another team because whateve you say you are negative at all times....that is not a healthy place to be.

This is the kind of thread topic that sorts the wheat from the chaff in my humble opinion.

There appears to be a lot of anger around the place (Saints) still and I am not sure where it's roots lie, I am pretty confident though that it is is not football related. Football is just a convenient forum for some angry tyoes to vent their spleens. That's the norm on a match day one might argue, but on an internet forum?

There is no hurry and those quoting things like 'he who aspires to mediocrity...' and all that crap are being quite insulting I believe.

Time and tide wait for ne man, but AC Roma was not buily in a day. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

by the way, re the 'wheat - chaff' bit, I reckon we shook off quite a bit of the chaff when we dropped down two leagues, perhaps not!

You Sir may well be perfectly satisfied to see this great club languishing in the obscurity of the 3rd division as long as that means we win some games against the 'small fry' of English football . You may view the prospect of another season here as acceptable , if not welcome even . Some I've observed (yourself included it would seem) regard ambition itself as some kind of personality flaw and actively celebrate the mediocre in life .

All that's fine with me , if seeing Saints beat the Southend's of this world 'floats your boat' then good for you , but please understand some of us want/expect rather more from a football club of this stature and history than merely that . A Wembley final or not this season must go down as a great missed opportunity in my view , a 10 point penalty should not have been a insurmountable problem to overcome for a club as generously financed and supported as this (and before the usual suspects chirp in) nor am I particularly interested in rereading the long list of tired excuses that is inevitably trotted out every time somebody dares to go 'off message' on here .

As for your 'wheat from the chaff' analogy - well it seems to me that those who willingly accept the mediocre could be seen as human 'chaff' almost , while those on the other hand who strive for better may well process more real substance in the final analysis . Perhaps I am 'angry' as you put it , perhaps every Saints fan should be angry about having to endure another season down in this football wilderness . We're all in the gutter still - but you'll just have to excuse me if some of us at least retain the vision to be looking at the stars .

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

... And is anyone really believes that we are balancing the books right now then they really are deluded...
I guess you can put me in the deluded camp then :)

While I don't actually know, for obvious reasons, I don't rule out the possibility that revenue is meeting the club's running costs. Big crowds and extra games in cup runs helps a lot. We can afford to field a so-called multi million pound team not just because of Markus's personal wealth, but because we get an average of 20,000+ at home games, and more of them (with prize and tv money) because we are (relative to other L1 clubs) successful in the cups. Lower placed teams with our gates would also have stronger squads.

Astute transfer fees paid are not revenue items, they're investments - assets on the balance sheet. And they can be sold, windows permitting, at any time, and probably for more than they cost.

Overall, I am enjoying this season, and expect to be looking at League 1 from where Norwich are now next season. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what will happen if we aren't.

We don't know whether Markus's plan was to buy the club for £15m and sell it 5 years later for £50m, or to own a football club, and enjoy it, knowing that it isn't costing him anything, and he can get his investment back anytime he wants to. Either way, we owe him a great deal.

Edited by hutch
should have put the smiley thing in

They are not "odd" results.

Depends this .. He said results .. 7 loses in about 26 .. yep I would call that odd loses .. But i'm guessing you mean performance? or counting the crap away draws ?

I have actually got onboard the numpty bus. The away results DO worry me in that The picthes won't be better next year so what will have changed?

Because he failed this season

Nobody has been building a team for next season (except a few on here) NC, AP and ML were spending millions to get promoted THIS SEASON.

Because of 2 or 3 extended poor runs this look unlikely so AP will (possibly) get one more chance for auto promotion next season

It's all very good trying to atagonise people all the time but at least get your point right!

You better e-mail NC & tell him he's was wrong in his interview then!

You obviously know more that HE does

By the way, Why are all your arguments so black & white? why can't people WANT us to get promoted but keep a level head of perspective if we don't make it? Just because you cant? no thanks!

Excellent post, I completely agree. Of course, I want promotion. I think this team could do well in the Championship. And as long as it remains a mathematical possibility I'll be hoping for it.

But, if it doesn't happen this year I know the reasons and most of them are beyond Pardew's and the current team's control. We all know we had a dreadful end to last season and an awful summer and start to this one. But, since then, I've been loving going to games knowing that we are more than likely to win and that the manner of our playing is generally very entertaining.

It's a great season. It will be even better if we win the JPT and better still if we get promoted. But it's not the end of the world if we don't. This year.

My goodness the kings of Smug are out in force. So reasonable and sensible and so happy to accept second best. You might love the games a bit more if we actually performed to our ability more often