Will you go when we reach the promised land...

Legod Third Coming

so to clarify, a fair few of you dont even want to get to the premier league.......and i get called negative. Certainly the oddest thread i have read for a while

i don't think people are sayinmg that, more that it isn't the perfect place you might think, plus you can enjoy the saints even in div 3.

I have enjoyed 90% of the games I have been to this season (almost anything is better than the last two or three seasons). To us ML may look like a kind old grand dad which I would think he is, but at some time down the road he will want a return on his investment. So promotion to the prem in his eyes and the eyes of NC is a must. Back to the origional question I have followed and supported Saints from the old 3rd Division to runners up in the old 1st and back down again so why would I want to change my Saturday habit.

It's not even about winning or not winning. Yes it helps going into games having a good chance of getting a win and despite your stats above, we haven't lost too many on the road this season at all. It's more to do with paying what I consider a "fair" price to watch a game of football, surrounded by people who have travelled miles to get behind saints and not because they'd "always wanted to visit Old Trafford", it's being able to enter the ground at 2.55pm and choose where I want to stand with a group of mates rather than being pointed to our specific seats, going to grounds with character. The novelty might wear off and of course I want Saints to do well, that goes without saying. But I doubt I'll enjoy watching us in the Prem as much as I have this season. I've done every away game bar one this season, I definitely won't be doing that back in the PL.

But if you don't do aways regularly the above is all quite meaningless I guess.

Surely it is about winning? Or why bother? so you like to stand up, so that means you want to continue to visit shed's such as Adams Park rather than the emirates or white hart lane?

I go as often as i can, work permitting, probably been to about 15 games home and away this season, and will be at the next 2.

Surely it is about winning? Or why bother? so you like to stand up, so that means you want to continue to visit shed's such as Adams Park rather than the emirates or white hart lane?

I go as often as i can, work permitting, probably been to about 15 games home and away this season, and will be at the next 2.

If you don't get it after reading all of the above, then you never will :smt026

so to clarify, a fair few of you dont even want to get to the premier league.......and i get called negative. Certainly the oddest thread i have read for a while

although it would explain their easy acceptance of the sawtooth results .

Nobody wanted to go down but as were here we might as well stay here because we win a few games...would seem to be the attitude.

If you don't get it after reading all of the above, then you never will :smt026

You right, i will never understand people who think winning 'doesn't matter', and not wanting to strive to be the best.

If we lose to Carlisle, i suppose Wembley would have been a 'good day out'?

You right, i will never understand people who think winning 'doesn't matter', and not wanting to strive to be the best.

If we lose to Carlisle, i suppose Wembley would have been a 'good day out'?

Do you act the c(un)t just for the sake of it?

Most of us aren't saying winning doesn't matter and most of us want our club to be back playing at the highest level, we just don't want the cost and bullsh(i)t associtaed with it.

If it was only about winning why be a saints fan? We've had a handful of succsess since 76 we're not exactly a winning team. There must be more to surpporting a football team than winning and being in the EPL other wise why are there Rochdale, Tranmere, Torquay and Luton fans?

I want to see my team play football win, draw or lose at the moment I can in the EPL not so much. I don't for a minute beileve we won't get back to the EPL Markus and NC are committed and they are used to getting what they want. The thing is being in the EPL will stop me going to see the team I love becuase I just won't be able to afford it. For that and that reason alone I'm in no hurry to get back to the promised land.

If it was only about winning why be a saints fan? We've had a handful of succsess since 76 we're not exactly a winning team. There must be more to surpporting a football team than winning and being in the EPL other wise why are there Rochdale, Tranmere, Torquay and Luton fans?

I want to see my team play football win, draw or lose at the moment I can in the EPL not so much. I don't for a minute beileve we won't get back to the EPL Markus and NC are committed and they are used to getting what they want. The thing is being in the EPL will stop me going to see the team I love becuase I just won't be able to afford it. For that and that reason alone I'm in no hurry to get back to the promised land.

still if we were to operate a sensible pricing system like Wigan most people who go now would be able to carry on going I suppose. Don't forget you save on 5 homes league games,2 rounds of the FA Cup and the JPT.All in all I would think that at 30/27/22 £ according to the category of match (as used by Wigan) over 19 home matches the cost would be about the same as 25/26

home matches that we play at this level. Forking out for Old Trafford and the Emirates is something else.

Do you act the c(un)t just for the sake of it?

Most of us aren't saying winning doesn't matter and most of us want our club to be back playing at the highest level, we just don't want the cost and bullsh(i)t associtaed with it.

Ah resorting to personal attacks again. Niiice.

I didn't choose Saints, they chose me, my dad is a big fan, went to a few games with him and was hooked. But to say it's not about the winning seems a very odd point of view, especially in L1 with out current infrastructure.....

I doubt we would see massively inflated prices if and when we do get back to the premier league anyway, with the way things are going in the PL

still if we were to operate a sensible pricing system like Wigan most people who go now would be able to carry on going I suppose. Don't forget you save on 5 homes league games,2 rounds of the FA Cup and the JPT.All in all I would think that at 30/27/22 £ according to the category of match (as used by Wigan) over 19 home matches the cost would be about the same as 25/26

home matches that we play at this level. Forking out for Old Trafford and the Emirates is something else.

If we priced correctly I would be utterly and totally over the moon.