I am a Happy Clapper ... Or am I

stmusicdude

Good post. I have come to learn on this forum that it is hijacked or spoilt by in reality maybe 6 posters No names as i have also realised that these people only want a reaction. I have pretty much stopped posting, pretty much because of the pointlessness of these few moronic posters. They seem to be totally unable to comprehend their idiocy, but perhaps they will grow up or even be cured at some point in the future.

In the mean time i look on the forum daily incase there is any breaking news or any interesting insights etc.

I also cant remember a match ive been to where there hasnt been some moron swearing and screaming their abuse at the team if things arent going to their liking. In a way it is selfish of these morons as it spoils the match for the bulk of supporters who have to hear their crap.

Wouldnt it be great if we could read the forum with out these pointless individuals but dont hold your breath.

Agreed. In all honesty when I do post on here it is generally with a great deal of flippancy as in truth this forum is a joke because of certain indivduals and their repetitive and quite frankly stupid opinions. In any event my ever growing "ignore" list means I cannot read much of what is posted!!

Thanks for the support. Reading this thread and some of the over excited comments i think illustrates my point that this forum is hijacked by around 6 posters, maybe even less. It also confirms that some of these people are insanely blind to there own total idiocy, but there you go.

so people with a different point of view spoil the forum and are idiots?

I think John means 'Who says we will walk this league next year' as we have no divine right, the 3 teams relegated from the CCC will have a big say in the promotion race

Though that seems the attitude of those who say we should be walking this league and get their knickers in a twist when we don't routinely spank teams coz of the money we've spent etc. And that's this season. Wonder what it'll be like next season when we've finally enjoyed the cure of all cures, the mythical properties of a full preseason.

Next season every game is going to be a necrophile's wetdream, a postmortem into whether we will or won't go up. No doubt the debate is going to be similarly shrill. The idea that people will calmly wait till Xmas before making judgments is a joke. Can't wait...(goggly-eyed, miffed face).

Edited by shurlock

so people with a different point of view spoil the forum and are idiots?

Try Glasgow_Saints first comment on this thread

"Is this thread a joke?"

Now, where is the debate in that? Where is the 'point of view'? Why post if that's what he thinks? Just don;t post and go elsewhere and debate a topic he thinks isn't a joke. And if he thinks it's a joke, why 'keep' posting on it, and also not explain why he thinks it's a joke?

It's these type of people that ruin this forum, not people with differing views. I am fine with you and TDD, Alpine, or whoever I have debated with in the past. Sometimes we have agreed, other times not, that's the point isn't it?

But, because of trolls like Glasgow_Saint, I post here less and less, I just find it pointless, due to the fact that someone, maybe not me, can put together a well reasoned arguement/debate/question and an idiot like Glasgow_Saint, who thinks the thread is a joke, hi-jacks it and turns it into one about himself. Then others, that may have differing views or polarized views, jump to his defence, get all defensive and claim:

"so people with a different point of view spoil the forum and are idiots?"

NO, that's not what ANYONE is saying! People are saying to some people that are finding negatives, look, here are some positives, and some who are being critical, rightly or wrongly, are saying, we shouldn;t be so positive, because X Y Z. That is the debate, that is differing views debating the subject.

"Is this thread a joke?" and then posting on it many times is idiocy, and that's the problem.

And, Saint Stevo, this is said with no malice to you or anyone else that feels we are not performing as well as we should/could this season, just against those that are trolls and make a mockery out of this forum.

"Is this thread a joke?"

Now, where is the debate in that? Where is the 'point of view'? Why post if that's what he thinks? Just don;t post and go elsewhere and debate a topic he thinks isn't a joke. And if he thinks it's a joke, why 'keep' posting on it, and also not explain why he thinks it's a joke?

It's these type of people that ruin this forum, not people with differing views. I am fine with you and TDD, Alpine, or whoever I have debated with in the past. Sometimes we have agreed, other times not, that's the point isn't it?

But, because of trolls like Glasgow_Saint, I post here less and less, I just find it pointless, due to the fact that someone, maybe not me, can put together a well reasoned arguement/debate/question and an idiot like Glasgow_Saint, who thinks the thread is a joke, hi-jacks it and turns it into one about himself. Then others, that may have differing views or polarized views, jump to his defence, get all defensive and claim:

NO, that's not what ANYONE is saying! People are saying to some people that are finding negatives, look, here are some positives, and some who are being critical, rightly or wrongly, are saying, we shouldn;t be so positive, because X Y Z. That is the debate, that is differing views debating the subject.

"Is this thread a joke?" and then posting on it many times is idiocy, and that's the problem.

And, Saint Stevo, this is said with no malice to you or anyone else that feels we are not performing as well as we should/could this season, just against those that are trolls and make a mockery out of this forum.

You make a good point, but my post was in reply to the post from Croydon below, where i felt he intimated that differing opinions=idiocy.

Thanks for the support. Reading this thread and some of the over excited comments i think illustrates my point that this forum is hijacked by around 6 posters, maybe even less. It also confirms that some of these people are insanely blind to there own total idiocy, but there you go.

I also think it may be best to put Glasgow on ignore for a while and see how you get on, because you seem to be a reasoned poster who judges as he finds rather than just sticking to the same point of view week after week and it would be a shame for you not to post anymore. you paid ya 5er, have your say

You make a good point, but my post was in reply to the post from Croydon below, where i felt he intimated that differing opinions=idiocy.

I also think it may be best to put Glasgow on ignore for a while and see how you get on, because you seem to be a reasoned poster who judges as he finds rather than just sticking to the same point of view week after week and it would be a shame for you not to post anymore. you paid ya 5er, have your say

And for the doubters out there, (not you stevo), we agree.

Agreed. In all honesty when I do post on here it is generally with a great deal of flippancy as in truth this forum is a joke because of certain indivduals and their repetitive and quite frankly stupid opinions. In any event my ever growing "ignore" list means I cannot read much of what is posted!!

If you can't read much of whats posted because its on your ignore list, and what you can you think is a joke ('joke' presumably defined as someone you don't agree with), why do you bother?

I'm glad you do because i value all opinions in our broad church of a forum, not just those i agree with. So thank you for making the effort.

Look 'ere you lot, without the happy clappers and the doom mongers and everyone in between this forum would be sh1te. I welcome the entrenched from both sides, it keeps it volitile.

Now group hug and lets get back to the debate in hand, whatever it is/was

we need a takeover to talk about!

Nothing wrong in being a Happy Clapper and enjoying supporting your football club. Surely enjoyment is what it is all about? However some people seem to have certain issues which they seem to excercise through there association with the football club and will always turn anything positive into a neative. I agree with the earlier poster who say rightly that it is not their opinion that is the problem, it is the way they express it. I would add that it is also the fact that they constantly look for something to be negative about that I find draining and, well frankly incredibily tedious.

Even if you do put these people on your ignore list you can't avoid their posts because other people repsond to their posts and you see the quotes.

It had also gotten to the point where even if you don't read the post you know exactly what they will be saying!!!

And all for a fiver too....

The trouble is we had the takeover which had everyone pushing in the same direction, before that an element of joint doom and gloom with the masters fighting over the scraps, before that general survival mediocrity laced with moments of joy.

Madness is now we have general movement in the right direction and some people get overcome with where we should be and align themselves with the chairman and the blind kudos that may afford them.

Personally I like to read all posts but find the entrenched negative heads a little taxing, unfortunatley their posts (even with a whiff of valid points) come across agumentive, agtagonistic and a general feeling that they are not enjoying the ride - which is such a shame.

It's these heads that if followed will turn this club into an over ambitious monster losing touch with reality.

The trouble is we had the takeover which had everyone pushing in the same direction, before that an element of joint doom and gloom with the masters fighting over the scraps, before that general survival mediocrity laced with moments of joy.

Madness is now we have general movement in the right direction and some people get overcome with where we should be and align themselves with the chairman and the blind kudos that may afford them.

Personally I like to read all posts but find the entrenched negative heads a little taxing, unfortunatley their posts (even with a whiff of valid points) come across agumentive, agtagonistic and a general feeling that they are not enjoying the ride - which is such a shame.

It's these heads that if followed will turn this club into an over ambitious monster losing touch with reality.

As opposed to those that 'are just happy to have a club' following those heads will lead to a life of mediocrity and settling for second best. Nowt wrong with a bit of ambition and not accepting failure

Edited by saint_stevo

As opposed to those that 'are just happy to have a club' following those heads will lead to a life of mediocrity and settling for second best

Nailed your colours to the mast there SS, not that it was needed;)

Neither is right, both sides enjoy the journey and I enjoy your views et al but I'd rather have a happy approach to shooting for the stars all things considered, thing is both sides have become so entrenched they've lost objectivity and it's just constant 'here's some evidence to show you I'm right'

Sat game - if a few desicions had gone our way we'd have won and the vitriolic nonsense being spouted would not have been aired (lack of objectivity), some feel you lot are just waiting for the next loss to peddle your wares.

"Is this thread a joke?"

Is this a joke post?

Or maybe someone is a little obsessed with Glasgow_saint!?

Put me on ignore if you dont like me.......you dont have to keep posting, saying how much you dislike me...thats just silly billy behaviour.

Still a line i see trotted out though....along with the 'no pre season'

You miss my point. We should not dwell on it but we need to bear in mind that we were staring at the abyss before anyone goes into a self-indulgent litany of whining just because a couple of results went against us.

Another thing I don't get is the hatred directed at people who are just doing their jobs? Where does that come from? I can understand the frustration, but when one regular poster said he wanted to "lump" a recently departed manager you do have to wonder what goes on in these people's heads.

At the end of the day it is just a game. If you can't enjoy if for what it is perhaps you should find another outlet for your frustrations?

look at this

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17786

it shows you do start the offensive posts and more interestingly that you don't like positive news about saints.

if you are going to stop posts similar to this then I am sure you won't get the stick you are complaining about

No, I dont like your self appointed policing/Propaganda Minsitry role on this site, that's what it shows.

I dont know what is more amusing, that you had to go back 4 months for an example, or that you actually did it...

I can't imagine you being amused - apart from saints losing of course.

Does completely prove your toddler tamtrums lately that you are picked on are nonense. That thread, appreciated by many, was without opinion and enjoying saints good run.

You couldn't enjoy it.

You felt the need to troll.

You deserve the stick you get - put up with it and stop whinging.

Edited by NickG

You have no right to such an opinion with less than 100 posts! ;)

Seriously though I agree with you 100%. I think the problem is that only a very small minority, perhaps just half a dozen posters are serial whingers. I've put some of them on ignore but others keep on quoting them :mad:

That's my problem too. When you use the 'ignore' function it can be a reasonable forum.

I can't imagine you being amused - apart from saints losing of course.

Does completely prove your toddler tamtrums lately that you are picked on are nonense. That thread, appreciated by many, was without opinion and enjoying saints good run.

You couldn't enjoy it.

You felt the need to troll.

You deserve the stick you get - put up with it and stop whinging.

you are eaily equally as bad (or worse) than those that you complain about

I think the problem is that only a very small minority, perhaps just half a dozen posters are serial whingers. I've put some of them on ignore but others keep on quoting them :mad:

That is true but how much quicker and enjoyable it is to read a thread and know that you'll only see "snippets" of the posts of those you wish to ignore!

You have no right to such an opinion with less than 100 posts! ;)

Seriously though I agree with you 100%. I think the problem is that only a very small minority, perhaps just half a dozen posters are serial whingers. I've put some of them on ignore but others keep on quoting them :mad:

you are right, I should use ignore more rather than letting the trolling get to me and sometimes rising to it. doing ignore settings now.

That is true but how much quicker and enjoyable it is to read a thread and know that you'll only see "snippets" of the posts of those you wish to ignore!

you are right, I should use ignore more rather than letting the trolling get to me and sometimes rising to it. doing ignore settings now.

"Everyone, look at meeeeeee!!! I am using my ignore function !!! Arent I clever !!!"

Really feel sorry for those who crumple into a pile of tears from the power of the written word and who have such problems with opposing opinions....:rolleyes:

"Everyone, look at meeeeeee!!! I am using my ignore function !!! Arent I clever !!!"

Really feel sorry for those who crumple into a pile of tears from the power of the written word and who have such problems with opposing opinions....:rolleyes:

Actually I have to laugh .. was I wrong? I dont know but I have found a sense of humour I never saw before in some of your posts. Still find I am agreeing on some points that there's no getting away from but others of course I disagree. My issue isnt that we diagree, it's that some posters DID infer those with different opinions didnt have a brain cell, that they were "happy clappers" or worse lol Some of the negativity is justified, some isn't.

Then it looks sometimes as if these varrying opinions the posters get personal & slate the ones who dont agree personally. Having re read some of the things I have said in reply, I will say sorry, as I think my own comments probably went to far & borderd on personal. My OP was not aimed at individuals but due to MY poor skills MUST of come over that way.

M

Actually I have to laugh .. was I wrong? I dont know but I have found a sense of humour I never saw before in some of your posts. Still find I am agreeing on some points that there's no getting away from but others of course I disagree. My issue isnt that we diagree, it's that some posters DID infer those with different opinions didnt have a brain cell, that they were "happy clappers" or worse lol Some of the negativity is justified, some isn't.

Then it looks sometimes as if these varrying opinions the posters get personal & slate the ones who dont agree personally. Having re read some of the things I have said in reply, I will say sorry, as I think my own comments probably went to far & borderd on personal. My OP was not aimed at individuals but due to MY poor skills MUST of come over that way.

M

I think this was a nice post, but it was a bit affected by poor punctuation....:)

Edited by alpine_saint

In spite of my laziness, I read the whole OP and I am pretty much where you are. Just because I'm enjoying this season doesn't mean I'm disappointed with how our league placing has turned out - however I do think we've got more wins in us than other results before the end of the season.

I have pride in my club this season, the mickey taking from the pedants at work that I received last season and the one before has evaporated, replaced with pats on the back and "I had Saints in my accumulator the other day and I won £200. Thanks". I've personally spent more money on Saints this season in tickets, merchandise and travel than I've ever spent before, it's draining my finances! (Totally worth it though). I've even gone so far to put Saints's fixture list into my work diary, so I know which games I can/can't get to. I've never been this committed to Saints before (which I regret, there were many factors), and I'm loving it.

I don't want to have a go at the negative posters per se, it's only themselves they are alienating, but I draw the line at anyone berating me for being positive about Saints. Yes, I'm positive, but that doesn't mean I'm not realistic. Play-offs this season were always going to be a tough goal, automatic promotion next season is actually more likely, considering the side we'll have, the rebuilding time, the gelling time and the lack of a points deduction.

Next season, the only people to blame, WILL be the playing staff. Fingers crossed they give us very little to blame them for...

Pot

Kettle

Black

All depends on your expectations - very high and despite good results such as Walsall, NOorwich and Hudersfield, there will a shed load of dissapointment after Tranmere... mostfans I thin have gone from having expectations of consolidation and mid tabel rebuild at the start, having had most of the optimism knocked out of us after the previous seasons, and after the first 10 games thought that that was afir ambition in a rebuild season.

BUt as is typical and RIGHT of fans when we see the improvements and also game sin which we excel, our expectations are rapidly reevaluated - hope afterall is the biggest factor in football, its what drives fans to keep going back year on year despite what happens - and so when we see the way we 'can' play, anything that fails to live up is dissapointing.

This is, if I compare how I felt at teh start of the season, eg if someone had said top 10, but in reality playoff form if we had not had the -10, I would have taken it and been more than happy.... but having now seen waht we ARE capable of and not just on a 'good day' but because of teh players we have and the investment we have made, I must adit I would be dissapointed if we dont make them...but not so dissappinted that its worth a chnage of manager, far from it - the progress we have made in the performance level means he has more than justified a real go next season...IMHO

Frank! Hello. Just re-discovered this site. There's lots of handbag arguing on this site, isn't there? Got one of the last 100 tickets available yesterday but I'll be Norma Nomates as husband and son got theirs ages ago

I am a happy clapper or am I?

When you don’t agree with certain posters on here this is what you get called, what it actually normally means is they don’t have a valid argument to your opinion.

These negative posters criticise & use the weakest excuses, & go from game to game ALWAYS finding SOMETHING to moan, whinge criticise about.

It is ALMOST as if the change in status we have had in the year FRUSTRATES them more than pleases them. Why?

Am I a happy clapper though? Do I appreciate the good times & good feelings are on the way back? Yes I do. Do I feel we are lucky to be where we are now? Yes! But that doesn’t make me want the club to do better, it also doesn’t mean when we lose that I don’t s get angry & frustrated scream at team / manager / chairman lol .. BUT I CAN keep things in perspective .

Should we of chased for Playoff’s this season? Yes too right we should.

Is missing out disappointing & upsetting hell yes!!

Is it a disaster? NO

Has AP failed as a manager? NO

Have the “team let us down? NO far from it, I have had some of the greatest moments at saints games for years this year love being at the ground there is a buzz around the club, eager fans looking forward to kick off . It’s a great feeling.

The argument about negativity/ happy clappers drives me nuts to be frank. WHY do certain posters believe football is so one dimensional? Because apparently you can’t saviour or enjoy what we have & WANT success or improvement at the same time. IF we break down the arguments you would believe that Man utd/ Chelsea/Arsenal never lose OR draw!& deffo never concede “soft” goals”. Football if their opinion is to be believed would be very boring to watch because those that spent MORE would never lose? & defiantly never draw! & Sky the BBC & ITV & ESPN wouldn’t pay MILLIONS for the rights to show it!

Apparently having NO preseason of any use is not a relevant argument to the fact we are so far behind still playing catch up. So next season shall we give the players a break & tell em to report back on the opening day of season? Don’t be ridiculous of course it had an impact BUT we did spend but we bought players, not time not points not extra games. Confidence & belief WAS missing at season start, is it there now? I think so! Where is the winning mentality.. This isn’t about winning the games, this is actually about thinking believing wanting & desiring the win .. sometimes it just doesn’t happen. But this too I believe is there now.

Some fans fork out to away games as well as home games or just go to away games, they have the longest of trips, sing their hearts out & do us really proud ( have heard them) they then of course have the horrid deflated journey back after the draws.( or dreaded defeats ) Some often then post their views on game. I personally like these ( not something I could even begin to do) So thanks for these. When these posts then get hijacked with more whinging & often slating of the views of attendees .. how arrogant! How rude . how pathetic!!

When in the middle of the good run of form we had all be it briefly, they bleated on about fact we conceded a rubbish ( easy goal) this is before the highlights before analysis & based on what? NOTHING it’s just that they WANT to whinge we have all even seen the moaning start 7 mins into a game on here .

I do NOT object to people who criticise the team when they play crap! I don’t mind people differing opinion to anything to be honest. The problem I have ( and others clearly) is when certain posters jump on the team/the manager/the travelling fans opinions/ but don’t back it up when things DO go right! Or worse still they lambast everything as a NEW team we are starting to achieve & haven’t ever actually seen them!! & then when you point this out they use the oh so we can’t have an opinion if we do go ( oh pleaseeeeeeeeeee grow up) of course you can but do you really need & want to nag nag nag nag nag & the real sadness is you don’t ever seem happy when we have a great win!!

Flame away .. but that’s how I feel!

Oh my God ...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you also have a fantastic weekend....fancy a beer in a nice park of town...? paisley.? govern..? easter house..?

I am too handsome & successful to frequent any of the above listed locations - I try to only socialise with individuals of similar class, looks and financial wealth.....generally very pretentious wine bars.

thought I'd bump this one back up, save re-doing the positive versus negative thread as this one will be a possible classic through to the end of the season.

FWIW, I still think we are doing well, I still think we are looking up rather than down and over our shoulders, which is exactly what I hoped for this season. And, as long as there's a possibility of a play-off place, it makes the season more interesting.

Brilliant 'solid' performance today, roll on Tuesday and gaining three points on Swindon, or one of the negatives bumping this to the top again when we lose, c'est la vie.