I am a Happy Clapper ... Or am I

stmusicdude

With regards to the OP/Thread - tend to find that those with more posts tend to have a bit of history with certain posters and that too many people tend to argue with the poster than discuss the actual thread.

I have followed this site for a while but have only really started posting recently and already have picked up an idea of who the 'moaners' are supposed to be and who the 'happy clappers' are supposed to be and who is whose arch-nemesis etc... and its a shame because when you read individual posts on most occassions they all have something of interest to say that gets lost in personal agendas.

It would be nice to have balanced debate without being labelled troll/moaner OR happy clapper but its difficult - too many people want to see things as black or white - Shame really but i suppose thats the curse of the internet.

When I post i try to envisage how i would argue my point across a table in a pub over a pint or two - find this helps keep some of the abuse out of the posts - would be nice if some posters could think the same.

Spot on snail. It is a shame that most threads recently tend to get hijacked by a handful of posters who will use most thread subjects to try and ram home their own viewpoints. All too often people just come in to snipe and get a reaction rather than offer a reasonable debate or observation.

God im so sick of these threads. Every week we have one started about 'the negative people' or 'the happy clappers' or 'the people who dont go to games' etc bloody etc.

Cant we just talk about FOOTBALL and accept that people have differing views? ffs a forum where we all agree wouldnt be a forum!

Well said, Sir.

I've only been on this forum for nearly a year or so and this 'argument' just goes on and on, round and round, with the same (by and large) contestants, but singularly fails to disappear up it's own arse.

I wish it would.

I dont start this cr*p, but I will respond to a stream of nasty abuse just because my opinion of all-things-Saints doesnt toe the Party line or isnt in-vogue

I didn't start it???!!

Have a more balanced view and comment on posts rather than posters and others wont pick on you.

Being proven wrong doesn't count as being insulted Alps.

When have I subjected to you to personal abuse ? The worst I ever come out with is things like "Rubbish" or "drivel". I've disagreed with you at times, and I dispute your assertion that I am always wrong.

I receive some bloody awful replies in terms of personal abuse for expressing my opinion or disagreeing with people on her. Why do you seek to justify that ?

I didn't start it???!!

Have a more balanced view and comment on posts rather than posters and others wont pick on you.

I should be free to express my opinion, deliberately and mischevously unbalanced, or completely objective, without fear of the personal abuse and "picking on"

When have I subjected to you to personal abuse ? The worst I ever come out with is things like "Rubbish" or "drivel". I've disagreed with you at times, and I dispute your assertion that I am always wrong.

I receive some bloody awful replies in terms of personal abuse for expressing my opinion or disagreeing with people on her. Why do you seek to justify that ?

I've never seen any personal abuse tbh. I've seen people do as you've said (though maybe using the word b*llocks rather than drivel) but never resort to calling anyone names.

You admit Alpine that we have made progress this season, and yet you demand more. This is what baffles people the most - we have turned from a sh*t League One side scraping draws at home, into a top League One side thrashing teams by 5 goals. Yes, we have lost/drawn a few games that we would liked to have won - but look at Leeds. Look at Norwich.

It happens. Pardew has acknowledged there is a problem. We all have. The difference between you and me, is I believe he will be able to fix it, whereas you seem to doubt his ability to do so. YES - if next season he has not got us into the CCC, then he should go. But why should we spend all of this season discussing THAT possibility rather then the likelihood that he DOES get us promoted?

When you look at it like that Alpine, you have to admit that it makes you look like the one with the least ambition.

I've never seen any personal abuse tbh. I've seen people do as you've said (though maybe using the word b*llocks rather than drivel) but never resort to calling anyone names.

You admit Alpine that we have made progress this season, and yet you demand more. This is what baffles people the most - we have turned from a sh*t League One side scraping draws at home, into a top League One side thrashing teams by 5 goals. Yes, we have lost/drawn a few games that we would liked to have won - but look at Leeds. Look at Norwich.

It happens. Pardew has acknowledged there is a problem. We all have. The difference between you and me, is I believe he will be able to fix it, whereas you seem to doubt his ability to do so. YES - if next season he has not got us into the CCC, then he should go. But why should we spend all of this season discussing THAT possibility rather then the likelihood that he DOES get us promoted? When you look at it like that Alpine, you have to admit that it makes you look like the one with the least ambition.

I can answer that very, very easily.

I am afraid of ML and NC walking away if next season doesnt go "according to plan", and they are the best thing to happen to this club since the 80s.

I can answer that very, very easily.

I am afraid of ML and NC walking away if next season doesnt go "according to plan", and they are the best thing to happen to this club since the 80s.

Well they cannot just "walk away". On another thread you made a post insinuating that Liebherr doesn't want to just throw money away, in which case when selling the club he will want his money back. That means whoever comes in would have to have a fair wad of cash in his back pocket.

But anyway, you missed the point. The point was why should WE spend this season worrying about that possibility instead of relaxing and enjoying each game as it comes?

I am a happy clapper or am I?

When you don’t agree with certain posters on here this is what you get called, what it actually normally means is they don’t have a valid argument to your opinion.

These negative posters criticise & use the weakest excuses, & go from game to game ALWAYS finding SOMETHING to moan, whinge criticise about.

It is ALMOST as if the change in status we have had in the year FRUSTRATES them more than pleases them. Why?

Am I a happy clapper though? Do I appreciate the good times & good feelings are on the way back? Yes I do. Do I feel we are lucky to be where we are now? Yes! But that doesn’t make me want the club to do better, it also doesn’t mean when we lose that I don’t s get angry & frustrated scream at team / manager / chairman lol .. BUT I CAN keep things in perspective .

Should we of chased for Playoff’s this season? Yes too right we should.

Is missing out disappointing & upsetting hell yes!!

Is it a disaster? NO

Has AP failed as a manager? NO

Have the “team let us down? NO far from it, I have had some of the greatest moments at saints games for years this year love being at the ground there is a buzz around the club, eager fans looking forward to kick off . It’s a great feeling.

The argument about negativity/ happy clappers drives me nuts to be frank. WHY do certain posters believe football is so one dimensional? Because apparently you can’t saviour or enjoy what we have & WANT success or improvement at the same time. IF we break down the arguments you would believe that Man utd/ Chelsea/Arsenal never lose OR draw!& deffo never concede “soft” goals”. Football if their opinion is to be believed would be very boring to watch because those that spent MORE would never lose? & defiantly never draw! & Sky the BBC & ITV & ESPN wouldn’t pay MILLIONS for the rights to show it!

Apparently having NO preseason of any use is not a relevant argument to the fact we are so far behind still playing catch up. So next season shall we give the players a break & tell em to report back on the opening day of season? Don’t be ridiculous of course it had an impact BUT we did spend but we bought players, not time not points not extra games. Confidence & belief WAS missing at season start, is it there now? I think so! Where is the winning mentality.. This isn’t about winning the games, this is actually about thinking believing wanting & desiring the win .. sometimes it just doesn’t happen. But this too I believe is there now.

Some fans fork out to away games as well as home games or just go to away games, they have the longest of trips, sing their hearts out & do us really proud ( have heard them) they then of course have the horrid deflated journey back after the draws.( or dreaded defeats ) Some often then post their views on game. I personally like these ( not something I could even begin to do) So thanks for these. When these posts then get hijacked with more whinging & often slating of the views of attendees .. how arrogant! How rude . how pathetic!!

When in the middle of the good run of form we had all be it briefly, they bleated on about fact we conceded a rubbish ( easy goal) this is before the highlights before analysis & based on what? NOTHING it’s just that they WANT to whinge we have all even seen the moaning start 7 mins into a game on here .

I do NOT object to people who criticise the team when they play crap! I don’t mind people differing opinion to anything to be honest. The problem I have ( and others clearly) is when certain posters jump on the team/the manager/the travelling fans opinions/ but don’t back it up when things DO go right! Or worse still they lambast everything as a NEW team we are starting to achieve & haven’t ever actually seen them!! & then when you point this out they use the oh so we can’t have an opinion if we do go ( oh pleaseeeeeeeeeee grow up) of course you can but do you really need & want to nag nag nag nag nag & the real sadness is you don’t ever seem happy when we have a great win!!

Flame away .. but that’s how I feel!

Good post. I have come to learn on this forum that it is hijacked or spoilt by in reality maybe 6 posters No names as i have also realised that these people only want a reaction. I have pretty much stopped posting, pretty much because of the pointlessness of these few moronic posters. They seem to be totally unable to comprehend their idiocy, but perhaps they will grow up or even be cured at some point in the future.

In the mean time i look on the forum daily incase there is any breaking news or any interesting insights etc.

I also cant remember a match ive been to where there hasnt been some moron swearing and screaming their abuse at the team if things arent going to their liking. In a way it is selfish of these morons as it spoils the match for the bulk of supporters who have to hear their crap.

Wouldnt it be great if we could read the forum with out these pointless individuals but dont hold your breath.

Well they cannot just "walk away". On another thread you made a post insinuating that Liebherr doesn't want to just throw money away, in which case when selling the club he will want his money back. That means whoever comes in would have to have a fair wad of cash in his back pocket.

Walk away, close the cheque-book, call it what you will. It all amounts to the same thing - giving the club up as a bad job.

Good post. I have come to learn on this forum that it is hijacked or spoilt by in reality maybe 6 posters No names as i have also realised that these people only want a reaction. I have pretty much stopped posting, pretty much because of the pointlessness of these few moronic posters. They seem to be totally unable to comprehend their idiocy, but perhaps they will grow up or even be cured at some point in the future.

In the mean time i look on the forum daily incase there is any breaking news or any interesting insights etc.

I also cant remember a match ive been to where there hasnt been some moron swearing and screaming their abuse at the team if things arent going to their liking. In a way it is selfish of these morons as it spoils the match for the bulk of supporters who have to hear their crap.

Wouldnt it be great if we could read the forum with out these pointless individuals but dont hold your breath.

Then go away and stop wasting server space, FFS.

Walk away, close the cheque-book, call it what you will. It all amounts to the same thing - giving the club up as a bad job.

Again this comes down to a lack of faith on your part Alps.

When they came here they said they were in it for the long term, that they would not be rushing things, that things needed to be steadily built up. Were they lieing?

If that's what you want then make your own forum mate. When i'm in the mood I quite enjoy debating points with Alpine and Delldays. Not so much Glasgow as he is completely relentless and stubborn in his view that we should be winning every game.

When they came here they said they were in it for the long term, that they would not be rushing things, that things needed to be steadily built up. Were they lieing?

I dont think so, but maybe their goals or priorities change. I again need to point out that something appears to have changed in NCs expectations at least.

I dont think so, but maybe their goals or priorities change. I again need to point out that something appears to have changed in NCs expectations at least.

Appears to have changed. We have no idea, really.

Personally I think there was something in the whole Milan thing, and he is seeing what happens with us before making a decision at the end of the season.

But either way the point remains that there is no need to discuss the negative possibilities for next season whilst ignoring the positive ones.

Who really knows their motives .

Just a lot of spin at the beggining to please the fan base nothing really since.

New Academy Building and an apparent move to AC Milan which did not happen because SFC is NC's baby.

God im so sick of these threads. Every week we have one started about 'the negative people' or 'the happy clappers' or 'the people who dont go to games' etc bloody etc.

Cant we just talk about FOOTBALL and accept that people have differing views? ffs a forum where we all agree wouldnt be a forum!

Thanks. That's not rocket science, eh?

Has anybody stopped to think what life would be like if we did go up?

Are we ready to go up? I would like to go up as champions next season.

Agreed. People I know have said "but it means another year in this f*cking league" - so? I've enjoyed it. I'd rather go up as Champions than through the play-offs.

QUOTE=alpine_saint;644403]Then go away and stop wasting server space, FFS.

2 posts back you said I don’t post personal abuse

4 posts or so back you said you didn’t start

3 or so posts back you then claimed you should have the right to post without fear of personal attacks ..With one post. you have proved your a hypocrite & want it both ways.

You deliberately offend & many instances it has NOTHING to do with Saints ..

Poster stated HIS opinion .. you don’t like it! aww your like a kid who has been told by mummy to let others use his toys too!!!

Indeed, but we dont know why or how? I am a bit weary that it could be one of 2 things.. 1 ) AP went to him said I need 4 players and I can get us up? maybe around xmas time... or worse & more worryingly 2) Once they took over & started the investment the task reality kicked in, what needed to be spent just to get us up? what failure this season might cost money wise? or maybe & we just dont know ML put MORE pressure on to see a better result shown money wise?

It could even be that he is getting ready for the DoF to be in place & therefore be the type of boss NC would normally of been & have the relasionship he wanted.

ON the other hand, the quote & wording of what he said could of been blown out of proportion to what he was saying. He MIGHT just of meant I want us aiming for play offs .. nothing wrong with that really!!

Well said that man...but remember your dealing with the race called humans ....

Then go away and stop wasting server space, FFS.

Completely uneccessary reaction to someone who has taken the time to put forward their opinion.

He didn't even name you personally. If you feel that you are one of the six mentioned then thats your problem.

Completely uneccessary reaction to someone who has taken the time to put forward their opinion.

He didn't even name you personally. If you feel that you are one of the six mentioned then thats your problem.

Well come on. He came on, moaned he doesnt post anymore then moaned that he doesnt like moaners.

He even had the temerity to go on about posters seeking a reaction, FFS. How bizarre is that ?

Well come on. He came on, moaned he doesnt post anymore then moaned that he doesnt like moaners.

He even had the temerity to go on about posters seeking a reaction, FFS. How bizarre is that ?

But in light of this thread the post was relevant to what was being discussed and I happen to agree that the direction in which alot of topics and threads go follow the same old familiar routine.

The debate tends to trends towards posters against posters rather than posts against posts which is a shame and does put people off contributing more.

But in light of this thread the post was relevant to what was being discussed and I happen to agree that the direction in which alot of topics and threads go follow the same old familiar routine.

The debate tends to trends towards posters against posters rather than posts against posts which is a shame and does put people off contributing more.

I dont tend to get involved in all that - I very rarely respond to abuse and even less frequently abuse a fellow saints fan/ poster.

But still everyone hates me :(

I don't want to be negative, FWIW, i want to be positive, but just as the smile starts to creep across my face we have a Swindon, or a Wycombe, then a Tranmere.

It is similar to pulling a bird, looking forward to what that might bring, then her falling asleep in the taxi on the way home. You can think of what could have been, you can hope to meet her again, but for that night, until the next successful conquest, you're a bit p*ssed off

Edited by saint_stevo

I think a happy clapper is someone who thinks automatic promotion next season is a foregone conclusion.

You what? as opposed to serial complainers who think it is one or at least playoffs are a minimum requirement this season?

I don't want to be negative, FWIW, i want to be positive, but just as the smile starts to creep across my face we have a Swindon, or a Wycombe, then a Tranmere.

Spot on. Just as I think of dropping my guard against colossal disappointment, SFC perform true to form.

I have tried on several occasions to get my sons convinced by taking them to SMS. Every time I do that, they act like complete donkeys.

My eldest's first game was against Derby in the playoff season, FFS.:mad:

You what? as opposed to serial complainers who think it is one or at least playoffs are a minimum requirement this season?

I think John means 'Who says we will walk this league next year' as we have no divine right, the 3 teams relegated from the CCC will have a big say in the promotion race

It is similar to pulling a bird, looking forward to what that might bring, then her falling asleep in the taxi on the way home. You can think of what could have been, you can hope to meet her again, but for that night, until the next successful conquest, your a bit p*ssed off

Sums up the season so far perfectly! :D

It is similar to pulling a bird, looking forward to what that might bring, then her falling asleep in the taxi on the way home. You can think of what could have been, you can hope to meet her again, but for that night, until the next successful conquest, you're a bit p*ssed off

every team in every league in every land has a Wycombe or a Swindon etc. Our imminent goal is to minimise these as much as we can. if we can do that I personally don't think we have too much to moan about.

She's only pretending to be asleep...

Yet another pointless thread moaning about people 'moaning'.

Some posters need to appriciate that this is a forum to exchange views and debate, not a site for fans with an evangelical zeal to find the positive in every possable situation.

Thanks for the support. Reading this thread and some of the over excited comments i think illustrates my point that this forum is hijacked by around 6 posters, maybe even less. It also confirms that some of these people are insanely blind to there own total idiocy, but there you go.

Yet another pointless thread moaning about people 'moaning'.

Some posters need to appriciate that this is a forum to exchange views and debate, not a site for fans with an evangelical zeal to find the positive in every possable situation.

Might be better employed as a forum to teach people to spell TBH