Saints vs Leeds - Build Up

saint_bert

That would be the Lallana who has been ticked off by AP because he was crap at Tranmere then.

AP certainly likes to tell it as it is in his pre-match interviews; well within reason I suppose.

Yes the same Lallana who had a one bad game.Also the same Lallana who has scored 15 goals from midfield this season.

I would trade all the games I've been to so far this season to go to this one. Y'all that are going are some lucky peeps. ENjoy it, sing your hearts out, and let's hope we can get the result we're looking for.

This probably deserves a new thread or two, but I can't seem to find anything on this on here -

On South Today lunchtime news covering the build up to the match, they quoted Cortese as saying that Alan Pardew was given money for new signings on the understanding that the playoffs were the target,

And the second surprise, was the quote that "Saints may leave St Mary's to build a bigger stadium"

And this is a recent statement ? or are we going back to the one a few weeks back, before the Norwich game.

Don't know how recent, but it was on the South Today lunchtime news today. If it was before the Norwich game, maybe they've just caught up.

Mind you, I hadn't heard anything about Saints moving away from St Mary's, but then I have been spending a lot of time following Pompey's demise in the lounge

Don't know how recent, but it was on the South Today lunchtime news today. If it was before the Norwich game, maybe they've just caught up.

Mind you, I hadn't heard anything about Saints moving away from St Mary's, but then I have been spending a lot of time following Pompey's demise in the lounge

I know Cortese was supposed to be doing a question and answer session sometime soon, don't know exactly when. If he has re-iterated his statement about money and play-offs then I would think AP is on a slippery slope,but it just could be old news being re-hashed.

Assuming no late injuries I am expecting the same side to start as started the previous few games.

Will be a tight one and I think, on recent home form we will just shade it 2-1

It all depends upon how Leeds set up. If they set up to take us on and play their own game, I fully expect them to go the same way as Huddersfield.

If they play the same way as they did at home by strangling us in midfield, I think they will get the same result.

is it true that saints fans have been given block 43, and leeds fans have only been given 2,000 tickets on police advice, i think I read somewhere on here, but cant find it now!

COYR

That is correct. After they threw their toys out of their prams back in 07.

have Leeds fans been allocated the Varsity and `a other' pub on London Road? I usually have a drink in the Varsity so would be good to know in advance

Normally have a drink in the Varsity as well. Would be suprised if it had been allocated as an away pub - it's normally packed before the game.

Normally have a drink in the Varsity as well. Would be suprised if it had been allocated as an away pub - it's normally packed before the game.

Plus the away fans would have to walk past several other pubs to get there...

good result for them at tranmere, beaten us once already, assume they've done their homework. I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw so 1-1. A win would be a great little bonus though, put things right for the disappointment of the last game.

Working later, so no access to here, so I'll get in an early doors pre-emptive boring expat post ;)

The weather here in Dubai is 0smiley-sun_sl-designs.jpg

I won't be drinking my normal Old Speckled Hen, just coffee or coke :( , and have already had lamb chops , roast spuds, peas and home made mint sauce for lunch.

Just in case they are needed here is a muffin bloom_muffins2.jpg

and a gratuitous pic of Kate Bush for old times sake. kate.jpg

Hoping for a 2-1 but my head says 2-2.

COYRs .... WOOT. :D

This game should be interesting all round, both on the pitch and then in the crowd, with so many "new" faces sat around us making inane comments, singing the wrong words to the songs out of tune, discussing Fred who they went to school with having a verruca on both feet!............................. you think I exaggerate? Every game with a big crowd has brought all these characters out within ear shot. Whilst its a pain in the backside while trying to concentrate on the game it is amusing in the drive home post match analysis. At least with a full house it will be warmer without chilly drafts wafting across empty seats.

No score prediction because I am the guy who if it was raining Bank Balances would catch his own. :-)

Well fingers crossed they stay away in future and get the crowd back down below 20k

On the train on the way to change at Clapham Junction. Any other London Saints on their way down?

Just about to brave the A40 /M25 / M3 from here in West London.

A win today and against MK Dons next week will make the play offs a closer possibility

Coyr

Morph

Just about to brave the A40 /M25 / M3 from here in West London.

A win today and against MK Dons next week will make the play offs a closer possibility

Coyr

Morph

And what about swindon on tuesday

2 Nil today same on tuesday...................................Please

Hope to see David Connolly play a part today - and not too late in the game, Alan. Could make the difference.

I've got a feeling he might only get a few late game apperances to get his fitness up for the JPT where barnard isn't avalible. AP said Connolly wasn't read for 90mins yet. To be honest Barnard is doing to well to be replaced which probably means Papa will get pushed further down the que if Connolly comes back.