Saints vs Leeds - Build Up

saint_bert

My first post so .....hello peeps!

Tranmere beats Saints ... Leeds beat Tranmere ... you know how football goes, Saints beat Leeds!

COYR

Hello to you too, welcome to the mad house!

quick question, how come it took you 2 and a half years to make your first post!?

Basically trying to keep my sanity ... trying to understand the logic of the 'Apines' and 'Glasgows' on here, being amazed at the inside knowledge of 'StuRomsey' and not getting sucked into some of the crazy opinions in this Mad House, a bit voyeuristic i know but bloody interesting at times!

Basically trying to keep my sanity ... trying to understand the logic of the 'Apines' and 'Glasgows' on here, being amazed at the inside knowledge of 'StuRomsey' and not getting sucked into some of the crazy opinions in this Mad House, a bit voyeuristic i know but bloody interesting at times!

That sir, is fair enough!

I would imagine we must be upto about 29 - 30K for this game, unless corporates sell tickets it will never be a sell out :-(

I seem to recall the corporates sold out weeks ago. I know the Kingsland is a sell out and also much of the Itchen. I ended up getting a ticket in Block 11.

I seem to recall the corporates sold out weeks ago. I know the Kingsland is a sell out and also much of the Itchen. I ended up getting a ticket in Block 11.

28k sold as of about 1:30 this afternoon.

A bit of advice don't take some of the stuff written on here seriously otherwise enjoy Welcome....

My first post so .....hello peeps!

Tranmere beats Saints ... Leeds beat Tranmere ... you know how football goes, Saints beat Leeds!

COYR

Have we beaten Leeds very often at home seem think not so I think it is about time we won

We've played Leeds 44 times at home in the league since the 1922/23 season -

Won 18

Drawn 7

Lost 19

Scored 64

Conceded 72

An 8 - 0 win should even things up! :yawinkle:

If my estimations are right that's over 100,000 people (Sat included) that will have gone through the gates of SMS in the last month ...

>Not bad for a 3rd division team...

yeah not bad

9th Feb v MK Dons = 29,901

13th Feb v Pompey = 31,385

27th Feb v Walsall = 20,461

2nd Mar v Huddersfield = 19,821

13th Mar v Leeds = 31,000 (est)

If my estimations are right that's over 100,000 people (Sat included) that will have gone through the gates of SMS in the last month ...

I will be five of them :D or is it four?

Edited by Miffy
5 or 4 ???

plus also baring in mind we have sold over 44,000 tickets for wembley as well during this time.

We've played Leeds 44 times at home in the league since the 1922/23 season -

Won 18

Drawn 7

Lost 19

Scored 64

Conceded 72

An 8 - 0 win should even things up! :yawinkle:

Your positive thoughts outweigh those posts from alpine and Glasgow, welcome to this forum, I look forward to more of your posts :)

Your positive thoughts outweigh those posts from alpine and Glasgow, welcome to this forum, I look forward to more of your posts :)

Many thanks, my pint is half FULL.

Now bring on those Dirty Northam Bastards :smile:

Really wanted to go to this one but having the old dear over for (a day early) mothers day. So I'm settling for Swindon on tuesday instead which is novel as I don't go to many mid-weekers.

Any way this match all depends on which Saints side turn up the Wycombe/Tranmere one or the Huddersfield/Walsall one. If its the latter I think we will win. I don't think we gave a good account of ourselves up at Ellend road so hopefully we will show Leeds how good we can be. 3-1 saints.

Also might be a good time for AP to tap up Snodgrass and Kisnobro for next season;)

What did he do wrong to be demoted from EPL matches to league one all of a sudden?

All Premier League refs also have to do the occasional Football League game.

Hence why he did Bristol vs Swindon and now Saints vs Leeds. Likely the Football League wanted a "bigger name" ref for the Bristol vs Swindon "derby" and a 30k sell out Saints vs Leeds game.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Hello people I am back now as I have been Ill for a week which sucked but I am fit and ready to post again!

This will be my first game since the Wycombe game and I think this will be a really Good game and I think that both teams will go for it from the off and it will be won by the odd goal and I think that Saints will sneak it 2-1 but we will see ;)!

Come On Saints!

Did Fonte get his 5th yellow last Saturday? Maybe Perry or Seaborne will man mark Beckford? Jaidi is not the qickest.

Fonte only has 2 yellows according to the OS?

and it doesn't matter anyway, as it takes up to 10 bookings to now get a suspension.

Can't wait for this one the atmosphere will be great and two decent footballing sides both going for the win.

I think we will sneak it 2-1. Lambert and Lallana with Becchio scoring for them.

That would be the Lallana who has been ticked off by AP because he was crap at Tranmere then.

AP certainly likes to tell it as it is in his pre-match interviews; well within reason I suppose.

This game should be interesting all round, both on the pitch and then in the crowd, with so many "new" faces sat around us making inane comments, singing the wrong words to the songs out of tune, discussing Fred who they went to school with having a verruca on both feet!............................. you think I exaggerate? Every game with a big crowd has brought all these characters out within ear shot. Whilst its a pain in the backside while trying to concentrate on the game it is amusing in the drive home post match analysis. At least with a full house it will be warmer without chilly drafts wafting across empty seats.

No score prediction because I am the guy who if it was raining Bank Balances would catch his own. :-)