The "Just back from the game" thread

Shroppie

Another point, which I make after every away game I attend: Why do so many people travel such a long way, only to sit in silence for the whole game? I just don't get it. The football is poor and most of the towns we visit don't exactly yield a pleasant day out, so what do they get out of the experience? I'm not having a go, but if you're one of these people, feel free to answer.

Generally this season I think we've made good noise at a lot of grounds but yesterday was really poor. Yesterday we had good numbers there but I think we were too spread out again, I was sat on the right hand side but most of the songs seemed to be started on the left and by the time they reached me were already dying down.

As for the game, the ref was an idiot, some of his decisions as Pardew said were a joke. After he had given them a pen which he knew wasn't a pen, he started giving us free-kicks for nothing tackles. Even so I still think we had enough chances to win the game and played ok for the most part. Possibly, the only thing I would have done differently is bring on Papa and Antonio a little earlier.

Edited by Neilza

Once again dar old Alps, you don't get it do you. There is a marked difference in our posts and attitude. You are totally negative and constantly snipe at managers. I find this very strange as you don't actually see the matches and I wonder how you can form such angry and deep seated opinions from Austria. It doesn't matter where I live and how many matches I see live, I will always support the manager and the team as I appreciate that we are not Brazil and probably will never be world beaters. I hope for the best but I am not about to throw myself off a mountain if we lose, as we will.

Your brand of negativity is obsessive and I think you need to have a bit of a break and put your feet up. You sound like you are heading for a breakdown mate.

People like Geoge Burley and Alan Pardew are just blokes doing a job to the best of their ability, but you make it sound like they have a personal vendatta against you! I still remember that famous post you made a few years back where you accused Burley of going out of his way to scupper our promotions chances. Really?

I don't mind that you ignore my opinions, but Alps, perhaps you should open your eyes and see that many many people on here find your obsessive negativy is a bit odd and don't like it very much.

A fiver might not be a lot nowdays but if I want to be depressed I can get that for free by looking at my wage slip.

So, you havent been this season, have you ?

Also, you seem to think due to low attendance I have no right to express my opinion of the team and management, but its OK despite your zero attendance, to knock my opinion.

How bizarre is that ????:rolleyes:

QUOTE=alpine_saint;643338]So, you havent been this season, have you ?

Also, you seem to think due to low attendance I have no right to express my opinion of the team and management, but its OK despite your zero attendance, to knock my opinion.

>>

It's NOT your opinion people are knocking tho is it? many others have similar views but don’t get the replies you do? why is that? is it because your CONSTANTLY negative no matter what? is it because you APPEAR to thrive on the bad days we have ? Is it because you make MANY assumptions about posters opinions just coz they dont breath & live negativity?

BY the way .. as to the not going to games comment .. it's fair point really how can you slate a team, it's performance claim we should walk it & call the opposition we play a shower of shi** if you haven’t actually seen them?

Your thoughts and opinions take no account of experience of the level we are currently at & the league & the away pitches.. WHY? oh yes because we cost more? WTF that’s the crapiest argument EVER if that was the case & that was how football worked .. The FA Cup would of died in 1923 & the premier league wouldn't of taken off , and in the TV football black out of the 80s football would of died.

I came to conclussion your NEVER wrong! that you LOVE trying to frustrate & irritate other posters of forum .

Originally Posted by sadoldgit viewpost.gif

Should win? Perhaps but we got a win at Norwich when most people would probably have felt that they should win that. It is the nature of sport and what makes sport so addictive.

Absolutely agree- nothing is more addictive (and agonising) than sport's unpredictability. Its also character-changing - i bet anyone who follows sport seriously, esp anyone who supports a team like Saints is also a very different person for doing so. Lets just say I've learnt not to assume or extrapolate too much as sh*t can always ambush you. Some people might call it toughminded humility; others might call it spineless fatalism ;)

Still 8 draws on the road, almost half our away games, the most in the league. Even if no game is the same - that strikes me predictable and predictable for all the wrong reasons.

We have been exceptionally good in some recent games, equally we have been exceptionally bad in many others. Pardew has over come our deficiencies in midfield by the energy of our wingers and central midfield, something which is not sustainable when you are playing two games a week. It so noticeable with Premier teams, our poor little dears have no chance.

This is not something I would blame the players for, either rotate them or change the system such we do not require such levels. One thing that was apparent previously, was being able to do it more regularly based upon a counter attacking set up, we never blew our clogs in the first 45.

One of the worst refereeing performances I have seen this seasons. The Midget in the pink. Also then ***t home supporters who brought a Pompey flag to the game. The father with the two daughter(young girls) who was moved before the start of the game and then the group of lads who then keep provoking the Saints fans.With many of them being throw out by the police. Why did they just not take the flag of them. Total crap game l just want to forget. Never had much luck at two tranmere games l been too. (the 4-3 and yesterday showing)

Just got back.

Not interested in reading through the hysteria to find the balanced posts anymore.

Unlucky lads - should have won but 'we wuz robbed'. Lee Barnard should have had 4, plus 2 penalties.

Play-offs still well possible. Presuming the game in hand is won, then 12 points behind 6th place.

Stumbled yesterday, but we're clawing it back and we will get there.

Keep the Faith

COYR.

Just got back.

Not interested in reading through the hysteria to find the balanced posts anymore.

Unlucky lads - should have won but 'we wuz robbed'. Lee Barnard should have had 4, plus 2 penalties.

Play-offs still well possible. Presuming the game in hand is won, then 12 points behind 6th place.

Stumbled yesterday, but we're clawing it back and we will get there.

Keep the Faith

COYR.

Bloody Hell, did you walk ???

Have had time to reflect on what was a poor display from Saints. Didn't think we showed enough quality to win and we were clearly robbed of the draw. It's been mentioned enough already but the ref really was dire.

Their goal came about after a poor free kick decision and a slip by Otsemboor (sp.) to allow the Tranmere player to head it back across the goal. Unfortunate really, but then we go up the other end and equalise quickly. From that point on, we rarely showed any quality on the ball at all.

Missed a couple of chances in the 2nd half and just as we were beginning to gain some momentum, the ref gives a very dubious penalty. Barnard got nothing from the ref at all throughout the whole game, however I do agree that it looked like Fonte was clearly looking for a penalty when he went down and deserved the yellow. Another poor, poor decision by the ref, which I don't think has been mentioned was the attempted punch\slap by Waigo towards the end of the match. Really should've been sent off in my opinion, however the ref just got the players to shake hands and then carried on with a goal kick.

Our best player, I think was Harding, who was defending well and supporting the attacks with some intelligent running.

Overall, a very poor performance made all the more galling by the inept referee.

Have had time to reflect on what was a poor display from Saints. Didn't think we showed enough quality to win and we were clearly robbed of the draw. It's been mentioned enough already but the ref really was dire.

Their goal came about after a poor free kick decision and a slip by Otsemboor (sp.) to allow the Tranmere player to head it back across the goal. Unfortunate really, but then we go up the other end and equalise quickly. From that point on, we rarely showed any quality on the ball at all.

Missed a couple of chances in the 2nd half and just as we were beginning to gain some momentum, the ref gives a very dubious penalty. Barnard got nothing from the ref at all throughout the whole game, however I do agree that it looked like Fonte was clearly looking for a penalty when he went down and deserved the yellow. Another poor, poor decision by the ref, which I don't think has been mentioned was the attempted punch\slap by Waigo towards the end of the match. Really should've been sent off in my opinion, however the ref just got the players to shake hands and then carried on with a goal kick.

Our best player, I think was Harding, who was defending well and supporting the attacks with some intelligent running.

Overall, a very poor performance made all the more galling by the inept referee.

Think it was Puncheon who slipped, shouldn't have been marking a bloke

about 6 inches bigger than himself anyway.Plus their 8 and 27 are unmarked and Fonté is drifting about in no mans land.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Think it was Puncheon who slipped, shouldn't have been marking a bloke

about 6 inches bigger than himself anyway.

You could be right, I was going on defensive positions more than actual names. It allowed the Tranmere player a free header back across the goal.

Just watched the highlights fro mthe game and I'm even more angry about the penalty decision. Truly absymal decision.

Oh well, some you win and some you lose. I'm sure we've had the rub of the green on many occassions this season, so it all balances out in the end......I hope!

Oh well, some you win and some you lose. I'm sure we've had the rub of the green on many occassions this season, so it all balances out in the end......I hope!

It has this season I think not in previous ones I think

And the excuse for Exeter was ?

And the excuse for Brentford was ?

And the excuse for Wycombe was ?

Excuses, excuses, excuses....

It's funny alpine, i read through the threads and i don't really look at who posts what, just at the content of the post. However i ALWAYS know when it's one of your posts.....

You are without a shadow of a doubt one of the most boring, repetitive individuals i have ever had the misfortune to come across.

Fonte is a cheat.

I hate to say that about a Saints player but that was disgusting to see. Let's just hope it was nothing more than frustrastion and that AP has some strong words with him about it and we don't see it again.

I'd love to know what you think about Moore then, he dived AT a Saints player in the first half during a corner to try and get a pen when the defender wasn't even looking at him, and threw himself on the floor for another one in the second half which even the OS described in derisory terms.

At least Fonte's incident included a (foul) challenge.

Positives

- JO performance. Thought he was our man of the match and played very well.

- Seaborne looked okay when he came on and quite the look of him.

- Tranmere people very friendly.

Negatives

- Fonte's dive. Bloody disgrace and Barnard tried a similar thing in the box. Don't do it.

- Okay the referee didn't have the greatest game. But after one or two bad decisions, fans and players alike contested every decsion againt us, even if it was the right one. It was a penalty to them. I understand the frustration, however, constanly surrounding the ref is not going to help. We came across as 'big-time charlies' who expected everything to go our way today

- Performance of Lallana and Puncheon. Both useless in the second half. Their job was to hug the touchline and provided the team with width, neither did it, resulting in two key problems. One was the Morgan had no outlet and was limited to a few mazy runs. Secondly was that Lambert kept having to go wide to find space. When the cross comes in, only Barnard was competing for the ball.

- Additionally, the wide players did not provide enough cover for the full backs. Antonio should have been brought on earlier to find more width.

- Morgan and Lambo should stop berrating the ref all the time, get on with it.

Overall a dissapointing game but we didn;t do enough ourselves to win it. We had a few chances but were ultimately wasteful, something not normal for us. Lallana, this i have observed over the last few games, needs to work on his finishing. Their Number 5. Centre Back has been very good both games against us. Also found it funny how wound up everyone was with the Pompey fan. If anything it added to banter and provided some atmopshere as oppossed to none.

Brilliant, I'm not sure there's a word of that I actually agree with apart from us being "wasteful".

Be interesting to see where people were sat for the pen' claims.

I was to the right of the goal so was looking to my left for the Fonte foul and from where I was it did look as if he'd gone over via a defenders leg.

The LB foul was right in front of Corky & I and was the most blatant of two handed pushes that you'll ever see.

Similar position to me, on the right of the stand. Fonte one looked like a tug on him and then a poor tackle with Fonte going to ground under challenge, and the contact seems to be supported by the photos on the OS gallery.

The Barnard one, even from the back row of the not very big but steep stand, still only about 20 yards away, was two handed, blatant, obvious and a penalty in any game anywhere in the world - but no-one one the left side of our stand would have seen what the defender did because Barnard's body was in the way.

Considering all of our fans were at the wrong end for the pen, 90% of them seem to have seen it as it was and called it right without the aid of a replay, their bloke teeing up an overhead kick and falling over instead, with Seaborne nothing but an incidental object in the near vicinity.

The ref's view of the pen was clearly worse than that, as proven from the pic on here that showed Schneiderlin obscuring his view, which presumably was also his excuse for NOT giving the shirt pulling/fouling on Barnard when running through (see OS gallery), or the back pass immediately after it.

Don't forget "go back to Dyno-Rod", thanks to the colour of his kit.

All the songs aimed at the ref are a good laugh but could we having an effect on his decisions? Let's face it short blokes can be very self-conscious about their height and the pi**-take could very well have made a difference on the penalty decisions.

So thanks Saints fans, you cost us the game. Perhaps next time you should sing "We all love the referee". ;)

It's funny alpine, i read through the threads and i don't really look at who posts what, just at the content of the post. However i ALWAYS know when it's one of your posts.....

You are without a shadow of a doubt one of the most boring, repetitive individuals i have ever had the misfortune to come across.

I do exactly the same, so to avoid the Alpine t0sser's comments, I simply put him and Glasgow t0sser on my ignore list. Tis bliss, like stopping banging your head against a brick wall. The only time I have to read their unceasing negativity is when people quote them.

All the songs aimed at the ref are a good laugh but could we having an effect on his decisions? Let's face it short blokes can be very self-conscious about their height and the pi**-take could very well have made a difference on the penalty decisions.

So thanks Saints fans, you cost us the game. Perhaps next time you should sing "We all love the referee". ;)

When I heard that Pardew had gone to talk to the ref at half time, I immediately thought that it was a mistake. Refs are jumped up c*nts who hate being told they are doing a bad job.

When I heard that Pardew had gone to talk to the ref at half time, I immediately thought that it was a mistake. Refs are jumped up c*nts who hate being told they are doing a bad job.

AP should have gone in there and said "that's a lovely shade of pink you're wearing and you look a lot taller close-up". :D

It would appear that there is a consensus regarding the game by those that actually saw it.

Still the usual mongs will still blame AP.

Yeah, blame the ref. How convenient.

And we blamed the pitch after Wycombe.

Wonder what it will be after the next away match ?

Perhaps we should have already been out of sight before the 'dodgy' decision was given?

Which, if you read what was written, is what has been said by many.

Chances for AL and LB and a clear cut penalty before they scored a pen' denied by the ref' so yes, he 'kin well was to blame.

Still don't let the facts get in the way of your somewhat pathetic agenda regarding AP.

If his decisions were to blame then plenty of us would be voicing it. The fact is they weren't.

Yes, we didn't get the rub of the green on that one as it looks like Seabourne just stands his ground.

That said refs are only human and you are always going to get dodgy refereeing decisions - both for and against - that's just the nature of the game.

No excuses - we lost - if we had played at 100% the pen would have been an irrelevance.

Yes, we didn't get the rub of the green on that one as it looks like Seabourne just stands his ground.

That said refs are only human and you are always going to get dodgy refereeing decisions - both for and against - that's just the nature of the game.

No excuses - we lost - if we had played at 100% the pen would have been an irrelevance.

No ref could be that bad unless they were a cheat.

The only poor decision AP made in my opinion was him taking so long to bring on Waigo and Antonio. If we had seen these earlier (before the pen decision), I think the game might have had a different outcome. I would also have kept Barnard on as he was our most threatening player on the day, though he was clearly losing his rag with the referee.

I do not think the players represented themselves or their ability at all on Saturday. I cannot really fault AP for that as he sent out essentially the same players who had scored 10 in 2 beforehand. Maybe he didn't get them motivated enough, though I would still put a lot of this on the players themselves. I think a combination of poor refereeing and not showing our class was the reason for the loss. I don't think Tranmere played particulary well at all and I do not think that AP is to blame at all. He picked the team that we all wanted him to pick, they just did not perform on the day.

These things happen and I just hope we turn it on against Leeds and hammer them to make up for it.

Like many have already said, Saturday was a disappointment from start to finish. We had a decent spell in the second half where we played some nice, tidy football, and were getting to the byeline but the standard of the final ball was poor all match.

I don't need to say anything about the ref that hasn't already been said. I enjoyed all of the 'You're too short to referee' chants and its important to remember that poison comes in little bottles. I think he can be used as an excuse for us not getting a point but it was our lack of quality and cutting edge which cost us all three. Maybe Antonio and Papa could have made a difference if they came on earlier but I was expecting a lot more from the attacking players who started.

Our support was pretty quiet overall. I would have liked a bit more noise on the right side, where I was sitting, to drown out the woman with the shrill voice who kept calling the refereee a pr1ck at the top of her voice. It may be nearly 2 days since the match but my ears are still ringing.

Roll on Saturday and Up The Saints.

No ref could be that bad unless they were a cheat.

Saturday's game was the first game in a long while where I actually do think the ref might have received a brown envelope either beforehand or at half-time. Either that or he's from Hoylake or Birkenhead. I can find no other reason for him to give *so many* decisions that favoured the home side:

- Their goal came from a free-kick that should have never been

- He ignored one of the Tranmere players persistently diving in our pen. area in the first half

- The Barnard shove in the back in the 2nd half for a nailed on pen.

- The Tranmere defender shoving Barnard as they chased a through ball, followed immediately by a back pass which the keeper picked up.

- I won't include the Fonte "pen" as it looked to me like either a dive, or he made far too much of a gentle contact.

- The Tranmere penalty - looked dodgy at the time from 100 yards away, looked even dodgier on the TV replay.

lol, we made it back to Didders at 8.00, Queens, Ladygrove, The Prince and back to the Queens ...

Took it easy and stayed over in Birkenhead. Is there a more deader town in the western world after 7pm?, and where is the High Street ffs.

Spent sunday morning mooching around the old docks and walked up to New Brighton, watching the ships comin' in and goin' out again, then 'Ferry cross the Maaaaiiiirrrzeee' back to Liverpool. An hour or two in the Maritime Museum and Art Galleries, then train back with a couple of pints at Birmingham New Street watching Chelsea on the box.

I like to get me money's worth!

picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=327

Saints Play-off hopes?

You decide.

Edited by RonManager
other industrial liverpool pics in my album for those interested.

Which, if you read what was written, is what has been said by many.

Chances for AL and LB and a clear cut penalty before they scored a pen' denied by the ref' so yes, he 'kin well was to blame.

Still don't let the facts get in the way of your somewhat pathetic agenda regarding AP.

If his decisions were to blame then plenty of us would be voicing it. The fact is they weren't.

I have no agenda.

And onto my ignore list you go....

I love the Ignore feature, can't believe it took me so long to start using it.

**buries head in sand**