Expat Saints "Fans"...

Guided Missile

I'm so lucky - I've only just seen this thread and can scarcely believe what the OP has written in his various contributions. Dear GM, please stick to the Pompey takeover thread where your contributions are valued. Here you are just being offensive.

And if you think anyone teaches in Italy for the money you are sorely mistaken!

Reading your post just confirms my point. Boring and irrelevant to the fans streaming into St. Marys nowadays. The nostalgia part cemented the impression, in my mind.

I lived in the US for 11 years and hated the way most of the ex-pats continually moaned about the UK and yet, given the opportunity, milked any patriotic situation in a frenzy of flag waving nostalgia. Emigrate, integrate and adopt the local customs, because banging on about how cr@ p/great everything is in your adopted country and how cr@ p/great everything was in your mother country just p1sses most people off.

You are a sad little man you truely are, get a fecking life!!!

We're all Saints fans with one common love - the team. It doesn't matter where you are, who you are.

GM is absolutely entitled to his opinion FFS and everyone else to there reactions, I have terrible knee-jerk reactions sometimes/we all do - let's just focus on what should unite us.

We are boys in the Red & White,

We love to sing and we love...well you know ;-)

Easier said than done .... had the title been about ALL North Baddlesly Saints fans basically being total pr!cks would you have been able to hold back!!

Having said that, you probably have been bracketed into the same grouping as us Expats for daring to live outside the sound of The Bells of ST Mary's :D

Even if the OP had been about 16 1/2 stone body building solicitors from North Baddesley I wouldn't have bitten! I don't need to justify the way I choose to support saints nor the way I post about them on an open website.

I think the OP says as much about the way GM reads posts on here as it does about the posts themselves. I choose to gloss over and/or not get wound up by the cr@p posts, except the ones where there is genuine decent debate about football.

I hadn't read this thread for a while but I have just caught up with it all.

I have to wonder if perhaps 19C has managed to hack GM's log in details?

Why? Have I missed the bit where GM refers to Taking Le Tiss as one of the all time great sporting biographies? Or perhaps he mentioned what an absolute legend MLT is and how his example of hard work and professional attitude is an inspiration to us all?

I guess I can kick this thread into touch then for all the right reasons?

BTW I do think GM has a point that can be fairly aimed at a vocal and self-important minority. Lets face it, it's a forum first and foremost to discuss Saints not an ex-pats blog, and it would be pretty boring if every poster started off by giving us a weather report or what their plans for the day/evening are.

I will be leaving shortly to pick my Mum up from Bingo. This is not normally necessary but she has pulled a hamstring of all things and can't drive. Still saves buying a Mothers Day Gift. Went shopping today and the wind was biting so as the cold weather is set to continue I decided tomorrow I shall try Oatso Simple for the first time, to help set me up for another day in the fast lane. My Mum is an avid Saints fan so any donations towards her physio bills will be greatly appreciated as she does not want to raid her generous annunities and I need to protect my inheritance. She can even tell you the date and time of the kick off for Saints next cup final appearance and is a regular caller to Radio Solent although she doesn't need to wake up at 6.30am to tune in for Saturday commentaries or drive to Hampshire to the first layby in which she can get a reception.

Keep it Saints related, no one is interested in Faceblogmybookspace sh1te.

Why? Have I missed the bit where GM refers to Taking Le Tiss as one of the all time great sporting biographies? Or perhaps he mentioned what an absolute legend MLT is and how his example of hard work and professional attitude is an inspiration to us all?

BTW I do think GM has a point that can be fairly aimed at a vocal and self-important minority. Lets face it, it's a forum first and foremost to discuss Saints not an ex-pats blog, and it would be pretty boring if every poster started off by giving us a weather report or what their plans for the day/evening are.

I will be leaving shortly to pick my Mum up from Bingo. This is not normally necessary but she has pulled a hamstring of all things and can't drive. Still saves buying a Mothers Day Gift. Went shopping today and the wind was biting so as the cold weather is set to continue I decided tomorrow I shall try Oatso Simple for the first time, to help set me up for another day in the fast lane. My Mum is an avid Saints fan so any donations towards her physio bills will be greatly appreciated as she does not want to raid her generous annunities and I need to protect my inheritance. She can even tell you the date and time of the kick off for Saints next cup final appearance and is a regular caller to Radio Solent although she doesn't need to wake up at 6.30am to tune in for Saturday commentaries or drive to Hampshire to the first layby in which she can get a reception.

You actually do make me lol. And not in a sarcy way. I genuinely find what you write funny sometimes.

GM - In hindsight calling you a c...t was out of order and for that I apologize. Typing a response or email whilst angry/annoyed is never a good idea and that is what I did.

My opinion remains that you are a wind-up merchant and are probably best ignored.

Did you enjoy the Oatso Simple?

Keep it Saints related, no one is interested in I hate Matt Le Tissier/my personal issues sh1te

Mods, are you going to continue to accept this bigoted xenophobic claptrap ?

They accepted this bigoted xenophobic claptrap:

You know what ? That comes as no surprise to me.

I'm done with England. The place is a Third World country with the sh*ttiest health and education services this side of Mozambique, that somehow still thinks it is a big world player.

The surrender of Cadburys really affected me, and I am just waiting until after an election for when Brown, who for some worrying reason I think will squeak back in, surrenders the Falklands to the Argies. Then I think I will change citizenship to Austria.

Football support is soley restricted to Saints first and my local team here second; England does not get a look in. I've watched more Austria games in the past 5 years.

Now go and make your missus a cup of coffee, do the dishes and behave. You've got the Leeds game to look forward to and with a bit of luck, we'll lose and you can get a semi- on typing the same old cr @p.

Like the post about the physicists in Geneva, by the way. I bet your ancestors were the first ones to put a sledgehammer to the spinning jenny...:smt082

Golden post!

Can I buy you a pint at Wembley?

Hello, hello. What's going on, what's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here

This is a local club for local people, there's nothing for you here.

ontheoutside.jpg

But it looks so nice in there, and it's so cold and lonely out here .... please can we come in and join you :(

I think GM is posting all this with tounge firmly in cheek, I do not believe he is as intolerant as you make out and this is not about a morbid dislike of foreigners, calm yourself down ffs

Nope.

This site has rules - I have fallen foul of them often enough.

The rules state that bigoted inflamatory drivel such as Misselbrooks is infractible. Its says nowhere anything about taking into account the motivation behind the comments.

Otherwise I could call you a c**t, and as long as someone comes on and says "I think he's joking", I can avoid an infraction.

Nope.

This site has rules - I have fallen foul of them often enough.

The rules state that bigoted inflamatory drivel such as Misselbrooks is infractible. Its says nowhere anything about taking into account the motivation behind the comments.

Otherwise I could call you a c**t, and as long as someone comes on and says "I think he's joking", I can avoid an infraction.

Alps you little joker ;)

But the difference between you and I is that if, for some reason, you felt the need to call me a c**t, I would not be that offended, safe in the knowledge I am not and would not appeal to the mods to act, some take this forum too seriously, others opinions have little affect on me, certainly not to the extent that I would get unnecessary, I would suggest you are guilty on a regular basis of creating threads aware of the reaction that will follow and is probably why by your own admission you have fallen foul of the site rules, I do not need to read the site rules as if you are sensible none(mod, admin) will have occassion to point them out to you.

Again this is simply my opinion, you have stated you will not calm down and I find it sad that you/anyone can allow a poster on a forum to get you that unnecessary.

Once again, a satirical dig, which was actually not that harsh, has been blown up out of all proportion - come on, we should all be a bit more laid back about this... Come on GM do your worst about me... have moved to Scotland so only get to about 3-4 games a year now.. what does your wit say about me and my posts? ;-)

Beautiful sunshine here today, snow is melting nicely, a little bit of an icy breeze and 5 degrees C...

Bully for you. After threatening Spring for the last 2 weeks, where I live turned back into f**king Siberia today. -5degC, 30cm snow...

I am sick of the white sh*t.

I'm so lucky - I've only just seen this thread and can scarcely believe what the OP has written in his various contributions. Dear GM, please stick to the Pompey takeover thread where your contributions are valued. Here you are just being offensive.

Sue, love, when you post about me, can you possibly make it sound a little less like you're marking my homework?

Alpine might like a bit of female discipline, but I prefer to dominate the b!tches until they learn the meaning of the word respect...

Sue, love, when you post about me, can you possibly make it sound a little less like you're marking my homework?

Alpine might like a bit of female discipline, but I prefer to dominate the b!tches until they learn the meaning of the word respect...

pmsl...

Post of the year from the thread of the year....

Racist and misogynistic.

Top notch. :rolleyes:

In the absence of poor old FF who is no doubt a tad busy these days I've had to do some research into an important Historical Issue

The problem with some of the digs made by our Uber fans is the fact that they have no idea of the history of The Weather Forecasts and the associated nibbly's and drinky's.

They are lucky enough to be at the game live on a matchday while we nasty foreigners are left alone on here with "The Thread."

The Uber fans lack the history and the in depth knowledge as to why this IS such a critical and important part in the cog of the machine that is Southampton Football Club.

The saga started with

"The WOOT".

During games when nothing much would happen, a poster would post "The Word". Now, in those long off days, that poster would normally have been a full blown Aryan because they "wuld spk da street" that us Johnny Foreigners simply could not understand.

Occassionally Bold or Colours were used and amazingly, when enough Wooted or someone found the magical Nirvana of a FONT SIZE 62 WOOT in Bright Bold Red, we would score.

The baton was then taken up by respected poster SNSUN. His device was certainly more extreme and more into the realms of Monty Python, but it was unfailingly successful for many a week.

It involved the threat of physical abuse to his Girlfriend's Parrot, (and eventually by default, doing bad things to the GF herself). Sadly it all came to an unhappy end when he somehow mixed up "Giving the GF one and Slapping the Parrot".

A tragic error, that ultimately led to Portaloo's downfall.

Then we had the "Banning Process". One prominent poster may miss a game and we would win, so they were unwelcome the following week on the match day thread and they had to stay away until results turned.

Posters tried to sneak back in, so some posters even made sure that the ISP blocked the access of their banned colleagues by stealing all the local band width to stop their return, but eventually a Mod let us down, he was banned for two weeks, but he came too early and the rest as they say...

Continuing to look back into our recent history though, once Wotte came on board things turned bleak for the match day thread. Johnny Foreigners, and even the rare visit by regular Uber fans recovering from injuries.

We tried every trick in the book, even the delicious Cup Cakes were tried and, apart from damaging the Pre-Season Training plans of the Highly Tuned SWF St Mary's all stars, in truth they turned out to be a bad signing (although Premier League Quality) and had little impact on Match Days.

(In fact, rumnours persist that one forum legend's career-ending knee injury was actually sustained while trying to avoid dropping a tray of freshly baked Cup Cakes, such was the devotion to the cause.)

From Cup Cakes it was a logical extension to realise the missing link was in fact

"People going downstairs or to the Kitchen to make a drink, cook dinner, answer the phone etc". It wasn't even a January Transfer Window signing when another (non-Aryan) Mod made 3 trips away from the PC for us to score 3 goals.

Historically, without a doubt, the second highest scorer in Saints Match Thread History is "Leaving The Computer" especiailly to eat/serve food or open of bottles of Real Ale or Red Wine in places as diverse as the Italian Alps, Bristol and Ohio. In fact Saints even once scored while a "Nice Single Malt" was being poured in Lincolnshire.

But of course, the main weapon last season in bringing unexpected goals under the Portaloo saga became "The Weather Forecasts".

The amount of times the global forecast was rolled up on the Match Day thread and co-incided with a rare Saints Goal caused the Weather Report to earn it's place as a Legend in Saints Match Day history.

This season, our improved results year on year is, without a doubt, (and, co-incidentally, in the minds of many posters on here) absolutely NOTHING to do with AP.

Our improved form this season has been down to getting "The Weather Forecast in First".

In the modern game, you simply HAVE to make those early challenges.

BUT, it is noticable looking back that complacency set in, not only did we miss getting those early forecasts in during the last couple of matches we EVEN missed getting The Match Thread running on time. That is simply NOT good enough. This is a very competitive League and we simply could not afford to turn up to games we expected to win 1-3 and not put the effort in.

Appalling performance, and, in fairness, the Uber fans have a lot of justification in calling for Ex pats Out. (Although TBF we have yet to see a viable alternative really mentioned for the role)

Uber fans moan about AP's tactics and formations on Muddy Pitches, but ARE THEY TO BLAME? Is it because they simply sit at SMS or listen to Solent on FM all match instead of helping THEIR supposedly beloved team.

Where ARE the regular updates on the Tide Times? the phase of the Moon or the angle of The ISS in the sky? Nothing, not even a MENTION of the wind direction from Uber fans with Blackberries or I-Phones at the games.

If they're at home FM'ing it and got up off their arses for the team and served their Stir Fry or popped a cork we would ALREADY be in a play-off spot.

So, unfortunately, as the Uber fans have made their case clearly, they don't put the effort in and clearly don't want us to score goals and don't want us to win.

So what to do?

Simples - they can sod off and have a frivolous free match day thread. The "Serious Thread" for Serious People who live their Serious Lives in a Serious manner. The rest of us HAVE to make that ONE LAST PUSH, that 110% EFFORT. We simply cannot take ANYTHINg for granted anymore. The Cup Cakes must make a return, hell, we should even ensure that we have updates on The Casserole in The Oven and Vaccinations for Thailand, even YES! a who's got the best Hotel Deal for Wembley. Bring it all ON!

So, in closing, I should take a moment to say that yes, it is a fair comment that the frivolous issue has leaked out into the mainstream, so I for one commit to making sure I will work religously to make sure it stays on the match thread where it does the successful and historical work our team needs and I call on all expats to join me in these endeavours.

Unless we need to annoy someone of course

And no, you're not getting a weather forecast, it isn't matchday

So what ?

Do you see me systematically having a pop at Johnny Foreigner and anyone who fraternises with him ?

You don't seem to have a problem slagging off Northerners, so what is eaxctly the difference between someone from the North/Scotlandand a "Johny Foreigner" as you so quaintly put it?

:lol:

I bet in real life your missus wears the trousers.

In the absence of poor old FF who is no doubt a tad busy these days I've had to do some research into an important Historical Issue

The problem with some of the digs made by our Uber fans is the fact that they have no idea of the history of The Weather Forecasts and the associated nibbly's and drinky's.

They are lucky enough to be at the game live on a matchday while we nasty foreigners are left alone on here with "The Thread."

The Uber fans lack the history and the in depth knowledge as to why this IS such a critical and important part in the cog of the machine that is Southampton Football Club.

The saga started with

"The WOOT".

During games when nothing much would happen, a poster would post "The Word". Now, in those long off days, that poster would normally have been a full blown Aryan because they "wuld spk da street" that us Johnny Foreigners simply could not understand.

Occassionally Bold or Colours were used and amazingly, when enough Wooted or someone found the magical Nirvana of a FONT SIZE 62 WOOT in Bright Bold Red, we would score.

The baton was then taken up by respected poster SNSUN. His device was certainly more extreme and more into the realms of Monty Python, but it was unfailingly successful for many a week.

It involved the threat of physical abuse to his Girlfriend's Parrot, (and eventually by default, doing bad things to the GF herself). Sadly it all came to an unhappy end when he somehow mixed up "Giving the GF one and Slapping the Parrot".

A tragic error, that ultimately led to Portaloo's downfall.

Then we had the "Banning Process". One prominent poster may miss a game and we would win, so they were unwelcome the following week on the match day thread and they had to stay away until results turned.

Posters tried to sneak back in, so some posters even made sure that the ISP blocked the access of their banned colleagues by stealing all the local band width to stop their return, but eventually a Mod let us down, he was banned for two weeks, but he came too early and the rest as they say...

Continuing to look back into our recent history though, once Wotte came on board things turned bleak for the match day thread. Johnny Foreigners, and even the rare visit by regular Uber fans recovering from injuries.

We tried every trick in the book, even the delicious Cup Cakes were tried and, apart from damaging the Pre-Season Training plans of the Highly Tuned SWF St Mary's all stars, in truth they turned out to be a bad signing (although Premier League Quality) and had little impact on Match Days.

(In fact, rumnours persist that one forum legend's career-ending knee injury was actually sustained while trying to avoid dropping a tray of freshly baked Cup Cakes, such was the devotion to the cause.)

From Cup Cakes it was a logical extension to realise the missing link was in fact

"People going downstairs or to the Kitchen to make a drink, cook dinner, answer the phone etc". It wasn't even a January Transfer Window signing when another (non-Aryan) Mod made 3 trips away from the PC for us to score 3 goals.

Historically, without a doubt, the second highest scorer in Saints Match Thread History is "Leaving The Computer" especiailly to eat/serve food or open of bottles of Real Ale or Red Wine in places as diverse as the Italian Alps, Bristol and Ohio. In fact Saints even once scored while a "Nice Single Malt" was being poured in Lincolnshire.

But of course, the main weapon last season in bringing unexpected goals under the Portaloo saga became "The Weather Forecasts".

The amount of times the global forecast was rolled up on the Match Day thread and co-incided with a rare Saints Goal caused the Weather Report to earn it's place as a Legend in Saints Match Day history.

This season, our improved results year on year is, without a doubt, (and, co-incidentally, in the minds of many posters on here) absolutely NOTHING to do with AP.

Our improved form this season has been down to getting "The Weather Forecast in First".

In the modern game, you simply HAVE to make those early challenges.

BUT, it is noticable looking back that complacency set in, not only did we miss getting those early forecasts in during the last couple of matches we EVEN missed getting The Match Thread running on time. That is simply NOT good enough. This is a very competitive League and we simply could not afford to turn up to games we expected to win 1-3 and not put the effort in.

Appalling performance, and, in fairness, the Uber fans have a lot of justification in calling for Ex pats Out. (Although TBF we have yet to see a viable alternative really mentioned for the role)

Uber fans moan about AP's tactics and formations on Muddy Pitches, but ARE THEY TO BLAME? Is it because they simply sit at SMS or listen to Solent on FM all match instead of helping THEIR supposedly beloved team.

Where ARE the regular updates on the Tide Times? the phase of the Moon or the angle of The ISS in the sky? Nothing, not even a MENTION of the wind direction from Uber fans with Blackberries or I-Phones at the games.

If they're at home FM'ing it and got up off their arses for the team and served their Stir Fry or popped a cork we would ALREADY be in a play-off spot.

So, unfortunately, as the Uber fans have made their case clearly, they don't put the effort in and clearly don't want us to score goals and don't want us to win.

So what to do?

Simples - they can sod off and have a frivolous free match day thread. The "Serious Thread" for Serious People who live their Serious Lives in a Serious manner. The rest of us HAVE to make that ONE LAST PUSH, that 110% EFFORT. We simply cannot take ANYTHINg for granted anymore. The Cup Cakes must make a return, hell, we should even ensure that we have updates on The Casserole in The Oven and Vaccinations for Thailand, even YES! a who's got the best Hotel Deal for Wembley. Bring it all ON!

So, in closing, I should take a moment to say that yes, it is a fair comment that the frivolous issue has leaked out into the mainstream, so I for one commit to making sure I will work religously to make sure it stays on the match thread where it does the successful and historical work our team needs and I call on all expats to join me in these endeavours.

Unless we need to annoy someone of course

And no, you're not getting a weather forecast, it isn't matchday

Phil, oh Phil...how could you forget the occasional semi-nude leotard clad images of Kate Bush?

LOL! How do you get away with it? Guess hiding behind a keyboard helps. Looks like you've kept the fact you're actually a decent chap well hidden on this board. Keep it up. Very entertaining.