Tranmere vs Saints - First Half/Half Time

Saintandy666

Saints need to raise their work rate in the second half.

Aye. Seems the players thought they only needed to turn up. Always said a team and management's quality is shown by how they respond to good victories as much as bad defeats.

AP needs to be setting a few sights straight over HT.

Aye. Seems the players thought they only needed to turn up. Always said a team and management's quality is shown by how they respond to good victories as much as bad defeats.

Well we responded to the last good victory with a 5-0 win, so seems they're pretty much top quality.

sounds like we've been on top tbf. At least until the last few mins of the half.

I expect us to win from here.

Agree with whoever said that Lambert doesn't seem involved enough.

What conceding to a set-piece within 4mins ?

Yeah, unheard of at the top level. We really need to stamp that out. And those late goals that Tim has been talking about. And while we're at it, we should try and stop those goals we concede in the middle of the game.

Yeah, unheard of at the top level. We really need to stamp that out. And those late goals that Tim has been talking about. And while we're at it, we should try and stop those goals we concede in the middle of the game.

We should conceding soft goals period.

You disagree ?

What conceding to a set-piece within 4mins ?

Sorry let me explain it for you.

You said that a team and managements quality is how well they respond to a big win...

I was pointing out that the last time we had a chance to respond to a big win (5-1 Walsall) we did so with another big win (5-0 Huddersfield). Therefore you have shown our team and management to clearly be of the highest quality.

Sorry let me explain it for you.

You said that a team and managements quality is how well they respond to a big win...

I was pointing out that the last time we had a chance to respond to a big win (5-1 Walsall) we did so with another big win (5-0 Huddersfield). Therefore you have shown our team and management to clearly be of the highest quality.

And today we conceded a soft goal in 4 mins, therefore we didnt respond to the last good win in the same manner.

Your point is completely lost on me.

And today we conceded a soft goal in 4 mins, therefore we didnt respond to the last good win in the same manner.

So you're saying that any team that doesn't win a game, then win the next one, and the next one, and then win every game for the rest of eternity, is NOT quality?

Therein lies SFCs problem. Succesful teams do eliminate or massive reduce the conceding of soft goals. Your expectations are at fault.

We HAVE massively reduced the number of soft goals we concede, you stubborn fool. It's like debating a point with a f*cking orangutan sometimes.

So you're saying that any team that doesn't win a game, then win the next one, and the next one, and then win every game for the rest of eternity, is NOT quality?

This is clearly just a game for you.

You know damned well what has happened today; we've scored 10 goals in 2 games, think we're the bees knees, and have started the game half-asleep thinking we only needed to turn up.

I still think we will win, but QUALITY teams dont make schoolboy mistakes.

Therein lies SFCs problem. Succesful teams do eliminate or massive reduce the conceding of soft goals. Your expectations are at fault.

which we have done, with the signing of fonte - the stats do not lie.

oh noes, we conceded a sloppy goal today - but we have responded fantastically to it.

As saint_clark has said - find me a team in world football that never concedes a sloppy goal?

So, they've done their homework and have a game plan.

We need to change things and break it down.

Reckon Papa should come on,

Not unless he's completely shut out, it's quite possible to make 'workflow' changes to negate that. If they work, great, if not then subs are an option, if we get a couple ahead early on he'll do that anyway.

Their gameplan, will only work for the full 90 if they have the skill and fitness to pull it off, we did against Norwich, Walsall and Huddersfield, stop them playing 'ther' game, impose ours, rinse and repeat. Seriously don't think Tranmere have the ability to do that.

1-3 ;)

We need to pull ourselves out of this downward spiral.

I'm not talking about the team but this forum.

Heads up, girls. It's 1-1 and main rivals are losing.

Alpine is on-line. The fun of following Saints on here nearly always spirals down when he is posting.

We need to pull ourselves out of this downward spiral.

I'm not talking about the team but this forum.

Heads up, girls. It's 1-1 and main rivals are losing.

We?

It's only victor meldrew moaning as usual.

I thought it might be. If you say that "a teams quality is shown by how they respond to a big win", you have to be prepared to look at more than one example of how they have responded to big wins.

I was giving you another example to try and cheer you up, an example that was based on a game that has ACTUALLY FINISHED!