40 days and 40 nights...

StuRomseySaint

Just done a test, I consumed 49 units of alcohol on Saturday... the reccomended weekly allowance is 21. That is actually quite scary! I think it is time I gave my body a rest. :shock:

Ever stopped and wondered why you feel the need to consume such quantities of alcohol?

Ever stopped and wondered why you feel the need to consume such quantities of alcohol?

The reason was simple... I was out from 11am to 1am.

I effectively had 2 nights out in 1. I went to the football, then met a girl after the match and started all over again.

There you go.

Lager is rough. I actually enjoy a pint of cider (oooh-arrr) but after my birthday binge session on Tuesday I am considering laying off the alcohol for a while. It only helps to make a complete twt of myself and then I feel rough the next day.

Next time I go out I might do it sober, for the first time in my life. It can't be all that bad?

This is what I am scared of.

I have decided that I should give my body a rest from beer, cigs and filthy fat women for a while, so from the day after the Wembley game, I am going to go 40 days without.

dont for one minute pretend that you have been anywhere near a female, and with all the money you are saving on beer and fags you can get yourself some decent clobber and finally pension off your ben sherman gear.

WKD is for 16-21yr old women.

As I read written in a fantastic article the other week:

I loath WKD and the vile ads that try to push the hideous fluid. Exactly what kind of man actually drinks WKD? Those bloody ads make me lunge with both feet towards the screen.

The sub-text is clearly, 'be a c**t and drink s**t.'

... anyone put themselves on a self-enforced detox before?

I have decided that I should give my body a rest from beer, cigs and filthy fat women for a while, so from the day after the Wembley game, I am going to go 40 days without.

I haven't gone this long without any of them for probably 15 years. Is this realistic?

I have told everyone now... so I guess I have to do it. :confused:

Presumably you'd be w*nking more than ever tho.

I stopped drinking a year ago last feb and have to say don't really notice much difference,but once you stop it's not that hard to stay off it.

good for you-i don,t drink much days and realised i could have a good time without the beer and l feel miles better for it:D

Day 1 done, absolutely no problems, even went on a lunch date to a pub and had diet coke. Mind you, I was feeding a hangover so the look of beer or smoking wasnt appealing.

Day 1 is easy. Day 21 might get a bit more tricky, especially as there's 4/5 games between now and then!

Day 1 is easy. Day 21 might get a bit more tricky, especially as there's 4/5 games between now and then!

Day 2 done. Liver is still aching like a *****... today wasn't too bad because I worked half of the day.... getting a tad worried about this weekend though.

Friday - Pub with a friend.

Saturday - Pub with a friend who is a beer monster ( even though she is a bird )

Sunday - Pub to watch a comedian with mates.

Monday - Football

Now THAT is going to be one hell of a test!!!!

Day 2 done. Liver is still aching like a *****... today wasn't too bad because I worked half of the day.... getting a tad worried about this weekend though.

Friday - Pub with a friend.

Saturday - Pub with a friend who is a beer monster ( even though she is a bird )

Sunday - Pub to watch a comedian with mates.

Monday - Football

Now THAT is going to be one hell of a test!!!!

Know what I found made it easier? Drive everywhere that you would usually have the opportunity to drink. I know it means there is still the potential of downing a couple, but at least it stops you going on an all out bender - I decided it was pointless just having one, so stuck to the Diet Coke without the vodka.

Having had two months off, and a month back on (birthday, holiday and Wembley - rude not to!), I've just decided I'm going back off for another month from today. I must be mad.

How is it going then?

The non-drinking bit is easy, not had a drop, even went to the pub all over bank holiday weekend and had soft drinks.

Dropped half a stone already in the first 11 days. Been to the gym everyday... although played football tonight and pulled/torn me fookin hamstring so can hardly walk at the moment.

So looks like diet is going to have to step up a gear as I doubt I will be able to to the cardio work I need to, so upper body and diet.

Looking to lose at least a stone in the next month. The 40 days finish on about the 15th... so as a reward to myself, I have booked a 3 day all-inclusive break to Magaluf ( £130 all in... bargain )

I am hoping this will give me a bit more motivation to diet and exercise more before the belly comes out on the beach.

So far, so good.

Don't feel massively better for it though... which is strange.

Hows it going ?? Few days left now ??

I have found green tea works wonders for weight loss, for some strange reason, and is manageable if you drink it with a sweetener.

Nice to see that after these 40 days off the beer your going to fully put it back on again in the 3 day inclusive break ;)

Hows it going ?? Few days left now ??

I have found green tea works wonders for weight loss, for some strange reason, and is manageable if you drink it with a sweetener.

Nice to see that after these 40 days off the beer your going to fully put it back on again in the 3 day inclusive break ;)

I am about 20 days in... I am considering coming off it because....

I have a hamstring injury so I can't run for 2 months and Carpal Tunnel so I can't lift weights... so gym is out... I am also spending alot of times in hotels over the next couple of weeks with the business picking up the room bill.... FREE BEER!!!

I might give up and give it another go when I am free to use my gym membership again and not getting offered free beer.

Always a dangerous road to go on, will you give it up again ??

Another way to look at it though is, if you can give it up through this, you can give it up anytime ??

That being said, i go away a lot through work, and yes the company picks up the bill, which basically means 3 courses with steak and beer !! ;)