So, who still enjoying this league?

Thedelldays

Our worst start of recent times after seven games was 2004/2005, W1, D1, L5. In the nineties we had worse starts:

96/97: W0, D2, L5

97/98: W1, D1, L5

98/99: W0, D1, L6

HTH

We have proved we can be dire in both divsions!

Surely the point is that you support your team ,where ever they are. I started supporting Saints in the old 2nd divison and have enjoyed seasons in both divsions and not enjoyed season in both divisions. When you are pants your pants and when you are good you are good, whichever division you are in.

Frankly I would rather support a team like SFC where you are happy if you win the odd back to back matches than ManU where you are expected to win something big every year, year in year out. Look at Arsenal in our final, no joy at all for their fans yet our lot were delirious, and we lost!!!

We might miss our Premiership status, but for many seasons we were rubbish and fans were slating the team as much as they do now, it is just the the numbers were swollen by the good time fans who only pitched up because we were a Prem club.

I love being in this league sometimes, but given the chance of course the Premiership is a better place to be. Would I rather watch this group of lads or Darren Powell, Jason Euell, Adam Hammill etc? Yes, whatever the consequences. We have decided to rely on youth, we were always going to have a tough season, but the situation is not hopeless. We have some exciting players such as Lallana, Holmes, Dyer, Schneiderlin, possibly Gasmi, Lancashire and to some extent McGoldrick if he is consistent. I'll happily watch them, and if I wasn't working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day to fund a gap year, I would be. Every week.