So, who still enjoying this league?

Thedelldays

I enjoy the fact that every game we stand a chance of winning.....unlike the Premiership when away at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal we never and got battered many times was that enjoyable?.

I do not enjoy the fact that being out of the Premiership means we are financially destitute to the fact that our team and squad are now decimated to the extent that we are playing 8 or 9 kids and even struggling now to even compete with Barnsley.

Why do you find that difficult to understand that and feel the need to question other people views other than yours every other day?

Would I rather us be in the Premiership ...too bloody right! Do I enjoy this league? Yes I do when we have a team that can compete but the Burley mess and total mismanagement of the club by Lowe, Wilde and Crouch and all the cronies involved over the last 5 years means the supporters are suffering and constant sniping by people like you doesn't help.

Some like it here in the CCC why can't you accept that.

Are you saying that no club ever gets thrashed then?

We have beaten the league leaders in this league away and given some good teams a thrashing and your point is what?

The whole point is no-one really enjoys our club being in the state it is and we have continued to sell any half decent player we have and never ever done whats required in this league and thats get a defence sorted equipped for this division.

If we went up now and after yesterday that is light years away we would never compete and until we get someone in willing to invest big time we will get thrashed quite regularly in this league let alone the premiership.

Some people enjoyed the fact we were able to be a big boy for a few seasons and had a chance but GB and the board ****ed that up and its the supporters who are left with the consequences.

fun isnt it?

:rolleyes:

Call me a masochist, or a Lowe lovvie or whatever, I don't care. I enjoyed the day yesterday. Going to the stadium (I'm double mad - I cycled form Locks heath and back!). Great stadium, fantastic weather, and a team trying their hearts out.

Yes, I'd have loved them to win, and yes I was frustrated at some of the play, but in general I enjoyed the passing and inter-play.

It's clear we lack experience, but how the **** do you get experience without playing? Yes Pekhert has the touch of a 9lb sledgehammer, but then again so did Kenwyn at first. Mills got caught in possession once or twice, but Jamal C-R ripped us to shreds at their place last year - he didn't do that to Fish. Gillett did ok against Howard (a very good player at this level), and Surman pushed on well. I agree BWP was pretty poor apart from his shot in the opening minutes. Perry was outstanding for me.

Personally I think we'll do better at home against footballing teams, and away from home against the cloggers. I do beleive this is a team which will get better with games - at least I hope so, and if not I'd still rather support than snipe. Whatever the season brings, the world won't end in May.

Call me a masochist, or a Lowe lovvie or whatever, I don't care. I enjoyed the day yesterday. Going to the stadium (I'm double mad - I cycled form Locks heath and back!). Great stadium, fantastic weather, and a team trying their hearts out.

Yes, I'd have loved them to win, and yes I was frustrated at some of the play, but in general I enjoyed the passing and inter-play.

It's clear we lack experience, but how the **** do you get experience without playing? Yes Pekhert has the touch of a 9lb sledgehammer, but then again so did Kenwyn at first. Mills got caught in possession once or twice, but Jamal C-R ripped us to shreds at their place last year - he didn't do that to Fish. Gillett did ok against Howard (a very good player at this level), and Surman pushed on well. I agree BWP was pretty poor apart from his shot in the opening minutes. Perry was outstanding for me.

Personally I think we'll do better at home against footballing teams, and away from home against the cloggers. I do beleive this is a team which will get better with games - at least I hope so, and if not I'd still rather support than snipe. Whatever the season brings, the world won't end in May.

I think we must have gone to different games. Our passing, long and short, was some of the worst that I have ever seen.

fun isnt it?

:rolleyes:

To be honest probably not a lot different to our years in the top flight...

and before you say but we played the likes of Arsenal, Man utd etc, i also remember we played the likes of -

Barnsley

Brum

Charlton

Crystal Palace

Derby

Ipswich

Norwich

Notts Forest

Sheff Weds

Swansea

QPR

And before you say but we used to win matches in the top flight, i suggest you research our overall stats of games, WON, LOST, DRAWN...

As my memory tells me we never had a fecking outstanding record in the top flight, baring a couple of seasons here and there.

In fact for a while we held a tag for having the worst away record, and i think that was for the whole of the football league not just the top flight.

To be honest probably not a lot different to our years in the top flight...

and before you say but we played the likes of Arsenal, Man utd etc, i also remember we played the likes of -

Barnsley

Brum

Charlton

Crystal Palace

Derby

Ipswich

Norwich

Notts Forest

Sheff Weds

Swansea

QPR

And before you say but we used to win matches in the top flight, i suggest you research our overall stats of games, WON, LOST, DRAWN...

As my memory tells me we never had a fecking outstanding record in the top flight, baring a couple of seasons here and there.

In fact for a while we held a tag for having the worst away record, and i think that was for the whole of the football league not just the top flight.

Thankfully it seems we will finally rid ourselves of that tag :D

Unfortunately it looks like we're gonna swap it for the worst home record :(

I enjoy the fact that every game we stand a chance of winning.....unlike the Premiership when away at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal we never and got battered many times was that enjoyable?.

I do not enjoy the fact that being out of the Premiership means we are financially destitute to the fact that our team and squad are now decimated to the extent that we are playing 8 or 9 kids and even struggling now to even compete with Barnsley.

Why do you find that difficult to understand that and feel the need to question other people views other than yours every other day?

Would I rather us be in the Premiership ...too bloody right! Do I enjoy this league? Yes I do when we have a team that can compete but the Burley mess and total mismanagement of the club by Lowe, Wilde and Crouch and all the cronies involved over the last 5 years means the supporters are suffering and constant sniping by people like you doesn't help.

Some like it here in the CCC why can't you accept that.

Stoke didnt get battered yesterday did they, the same as we didnt when we beat liverpool at anfield, drew with arsenal and man utd and beat chelsea at their grounds. Not to mention beating manure regularly at home... People who likee the CCC have probably not seen enough saints games in the prem.

I hate it. The quality on show reminds me of playing down the pub after one too many. That costs me nearly £30 to do too!

We have spent so long watching **** games it has become normal. I will be watching an Arsenal game soon due to a buisness day and no doubt i will watch that in awe of the quality. Especially a talented ex-Saints player on show! How far we have fallen :(

I hate it. The quality on show reminds me of playing down the pub after one too many. That costs me nearly £30 to do too!

We have spent so long watching **** games it has become normal. I will be watching an Arsenal game soon due to a buisness day and no doubt i will watch that in awe of the quality. Especially a talented ex-Saints player on show! How far we have fallen :(

Yep, it seems only a couple of years ago that we were as good as Arsenal.

Personally, I've enjoyed this season. We do try & play the right way, & I do believe these lads will get better and better. They look tougher mentally & physically with each passing week, & though I still expect it to be a tough season, we will be okay. And at least I have hope

I'm with Sid.

It is what it is. You can sit and wring your hands, or accept life's a ***** and get on with things.

I LOVE this league. I couldn't really care less how Saints do at the moment, I'm more interested in going to some 'real' football grounds, rather than the plastic fantastic Premier League 'wanna be' ones. As long as Saints don't go bust, I'm happy to stay in the Championship for the forseeable future.

But we're not winning every week ffs, what are the plastics going to do while people enjoy themselves following Saints?

Come on sailor boy give it a rest.

I also enjoyed the game, disappointed we did not win , We should have had two penalties, how durso didnt give one for the foul on John is incredible, if it had been arsenal or united it would have been given no question.

Thats the second week running the officals have screwed us.

THe QPR second goal was the key turning point in that match and was miles off side. when he gave the goal , the lads had their confidence shot to peices with that goal . Had the Linesman flag we would not have lost four nil and I had a feeling that we were going to get a draw or even a win up until that point.

Oh I got a yellow card from the land lord in the pub I was watching that game on over in Malta, I was so incensed. At least he sympathised with me and allowedme to stay.

Still it was good to be back to watch the game at St Mary's yesterday.

Keep the faith this team providing they stay together will be a force to reckon with next season. We will not get a top six finish this year and I dont think we will get relegated, although I predict a roller coaster ride for us this season

I enjoy the fact that every game we stand a chance of winning.....unlike the Premiership when away at Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal we never and got battered many times was that enjoyable?

Sorry, but being unlikely to win at Stamford and OT is nowhere near enough to put me off the Prem. If anything it just makes it even sweater when we do get a result. 4-2 at the Bridge on new Years day 2002. The 3-3 at OT when pahars nutmegged Stam and Le Tiss "nutmegged" Taibi, then Beatts nearly won it in injury time. 2-1 at Anfield in 03/04 when we did the double over them. Ormerod scoring after 70 seconds and Killers getting on the scoresheet. Even in the relegation season, with Wigley at the helm, we came within seconds of winning at Highbury.

And that's without going near the numerous fantastic results at home. Sorry, but beatting Stoke and West Brom at home last year didn't give me a boner and I certainly wont be telling the grandchildren about Saturday's masterclass of footballing tallent.

Sorry, but being unlikely to win at Stamford and OT is nowhere near enough to put me off the Prem. If anything it just makes it even sweater when we do get a result. 4-2 at the Bridge on new Years day 2002. The 3-3 at OT when pahars nutmegged Stam and Le Tiss "nutmegged" Taibi, then Beatts nearly won it in injury time. 2-1 at Anfield in 03/04 when we did the double over them. Ormerod scoring after 70 seconds and Killers getting on the scoresheet. Even in the relegation season, with Wigley at the helm, we came within seconds of winning at Highbury.

And that's without going near the numerous fantastic results at home. Sorry, but beatting Stoke and West Brom at home last year didn't give me a boner and I certainly wont be telling the grandchildren about Saturday's masterclass of footballing tallent.

Yet another poster with selective reading...I said that I would rather we be in the premiership and hate the fact that we are financially screwed being out of it.

I said that I just like the fact that every game we have a chance in the CCC not that I prefer it.

Yes we OCCASIONALLY did beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd but in the 27 years how many times did we actually do it away?...although it was very sweet when we did.

If you get a boner from Saints winning then I think you maybe you need to find a life!!

Yet another poster with selective reading...I said that I would rather we be in the premiership and hate the fact that we are financially screwed being out of it.

I said that I just like the fact that every game we have a chance in the CCC not that I prefer it.

Yes we OCCASIONALLY did beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd but in the 27 years how many times did we actually do it away?...although it was very sweet when we did.

If you get a boner from Saints winning then I think you maybe you need to find a life!!

Not selective reading, I am just pointing out that we can, and have, beatten every team in the Prem in the last 4 years we were in it, which included wins at The Bridge, Anfield and a draw at Highbury.

There is nothing to say we can't beat these teams, even away from home, it is just difficult and rare. I don't see why winning away is so special anyway, I'd be much happier beatting Man Utd at SMS and getting dicked at OT, rather than doing the double over Derby this season.

Anyway, have we actually beatten a top 2 team away from home since we were in CCC?

05/06

- Reading away - Lost 2-0

- Sheffield Utd away - Lost 3-1

06/07

- Sunderland away - Drew 1-1

- Birmingham away - Lost 2-1

07/08

- West Brom away - Drew 1-1

- Stoke away - Lost 3-2

I enjoy the fact that every game we stand a chance of winning.....unlike the Championship. :rolleyes:

Derby were top of the CCC at times in the play off year....we beat them 3-2 away - we can all make stats read what you want them to.

The fact still remains that I would rather we be in the Premiership and competing against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

On a match day I go to games now not worrying so much that we are facing a Ronaldo, Rooney or a Walcott but facing star names like Odejayi and that I feel we have more of a chance of winning which will make all of us happy - even give some a boner ;-)

Derby were top of the CCC at times in the play off year....we beat them 3-2 away - we can all make stats read what you want them to.

The fact still remains that I would rather we be in the Premiership and competing against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal etc.

On a match day I go to games now not worrying so much that we are facing a Ronaldo, Rooney or a Walcott but facing star names like Odejayi and that I feel we have more of a chance of winning which will make all of us happy - even give some a boner ;-)

Surely our record so far this season suggests that we have less chance of winning games in this division than we ever had in the Premiership doesn't it? Before the Ipswich game we were experiencing our worst start this century (as far back as I could be bothered to look), and I can't imagine the last two games have improved on that stat.

I like the CCC. I also think our problems are fairly easily fixable. Playing well with commitment, energy and skill without scoring enough is easier to address than lacking all of those qualities in the first place.

Would I be right in saying all those qualities were missing against QPR, Blackpool and Barnsley?

The tide will turn, there is such a fine line between the top and bottom clubs in this league, unlike in the premiership. Although frustrating that we didn't win, I believe staying unbeaten for the next couple of games will see a change in confidence.

I agree,I am still positive just need a couple of players back from injury.

No the committment and energy were there at times just the skill factor was missing.

On Saturday I lost count of the number of times a pass was not within ten yards of its recipient.

that's what 3 games in 7 days does to you I'm afraid.Not even sure that the players haven't sort of unconciously put tuesday's game on a higher plane than

Saturday's . It could bring them to Nirvanha. Tuesday's game will be our 4th in

10 days, the nucleus of the side is the same,there are adjustments but

being down to 10 men at QPR for an hour,slogging it out against Ipswich and

trying to do what was considered a divine right by the fans (winning against Barnsley) is taking it's toll. We've not much in the way of fresh legs available

so maybe,just maybe they weren't as committed for the 50/50 balls as they should have been. If we win on Tuesday a "big" game is a nigh on certainty,

unless we draw Cardiff away that is.

Surely our record so far this season suggests that we have less chance of winning games in this division than we ever had in the Premiership doesn't it? Before the Ipswich game we were experiencing our worst start this century (as far back as I could be bothered to look), and I can't imagine the last two games have improved on that stat.

Our worst start of recent times after seven games was 2004/2005, W1, D1, L5. In the nineties we had worse starts:

96/97: W0, D2, L5

97/98: W1, D1, L5

98/99: W0, D1, L6

HTH

Yes I'm still enjoying it. I sense there is a decent long term plan here and providing we hold our nerve and stick to that plan we will come good. Mid table survival will do me fine this year.

At the beginnnig of the season everyone said it would take a couple of months for the players to start delivering so let's see.

Our worst start of recent times after seven games was 2004/2005, W1, D1, L5. In the nineties we had worse starts:

96/97: W0, D2, L5

97/98: W1, D1, L5

98/99: W0, D1, L6

HTH

Didn't we have a truly awful start one season when Shilts was in goal ? Something well into double figures of games played without a win. Or was I dreaming ?

that is all well and fine, but how many times have we done the business in this league...really?

anyone who thinks the CCC is better needs help IMO

you lowe lovie!

As my hope for the team subsides, so does my enjoyment in watching a team that is underachieving - watching the ship sink under Lowe's stewardship. I have no idea who is calling the shots at SMS in terms of tactics and team selection, but its very clear to me that something is not right - its just not working. The whole set-up has an amatuerish, gullible feel to it. Almost as if the architect of the 'revolution' (whoever that is) is not qualified to tie BWP's boots, let alone run a CCC football team.

I sold my ST seat for Saturdays game....saw the weather forecast and decided to enjoy my weekend away. I didn't miss SMS atall really - listened to the game on the radio actually and wished I hadn't bothered. At the moment there's a 10% chance of me renewing my ST and that's diminishing by the week. Its pains me to admit it, but I just do not care anymore....

I LOVE this league. I couldn't really care less how Saints do at the moment, I'm more interested in going to some 'real' football grounds, rather than the plastic fantastic Premier League 'wanna be' ones. As long as Saints don't go bust, I'm happy to stay in the Championship for the forseeable future.

I'll take Saints at Old Trafford and The Emirates over Plymouth's corrugated iron hellhole any day of the week thanks, but that's just me.