What would it take for Rupert to sell up?

Colinjb

Yes, it is indeed possible that if there are offers made to ST holders and members to buy extra tickets for friends and family that those tickets might have been bought anyway. But that is an accountant's philosophy rather than a sales based one. It was all very well having a policy of Gold/Silver/Bronze prices in the Premiership to encourage a full stadium, but somehow it doesn't seem to work now when the philosophy is to soak every last penny from the fans instead of trying to fill the stadium. Why shouldn't the same policy apply now? I'm sure that most would believe that if it has to cost £24 to watch us play Sheffield United, Birmingham or Reading, it ought to cost less to see Doncaster, Blackpool and Barnsley.

I'm sure that all those bleating at the value for money would feel a lot better about it if they saw the board at least making some effort price and offer wise to increase the numbers watching. As I said elsewhere, even if the profit margin after taking account of extra costs associated with extra attendances was not improved by one penny, it would still be worthwhile doing it for the improved atmosphere, getting people into the habit of attending and encouragement of new supporters who would otherwise be lost to the glory teams.

i think you will find that attendances are down at most grounds and sport in general due to lack of money,i didnt go to the game on saturday as every year for the last 15 years i have gone to newbury races for the same meeting and this weekend was the quietest i have ever seen it.

What would it take for Rupert to sell up?

Baldrick.

The answer is so simple I'm amazed we keep missing it.

We're broke and in debt up to our eyeballs

The Shareholders are not all personally able to take a 100% write down on their shares

Nobody would buy the club and pay the share price

The club needs investment but it is in reality already too late for this season for anything other than survival, so the money needed is more than it was to mount a promotion campaign

So my dear Watson, the answer is simple. When you have explored all that is possible, then the impossible is the only answer.

We're missing something, a sleight of hand, a forgotten reply to a post on TSF.

It may be X Files land but the truth is out there, we just don't have enough details to go on

yet

Is there another way?

Yes, we need a cunning plan

hmmmmmm

i think you will find that attendances are down at most grounds and sport in general due to lack of money,i didnt go to the game on saturday as every year for the last 15 years i have gone to newbury races for the same meeting and this weekend was the quietest i have ever seen it.

I agree attendances are down at a lot of other grounds ......... but based on Saturday's figure of below 15000, that is 50% down on what it used to be.

THAT is nothing to do with the World Recession ........... it is 100% to do with SFC's Recession

Lowe should realise that when you get to a point of baling out the bucket that you are baling out from, then it's time to realise that Ego is one thing, Reality is another

We need to be in the Prem, but we are not

We need a successful Team on the pitch, but we have talented youngsters who will soon have the confidence knocked out of them

We have a "Leader" who thinks everything he does is right, whereas, in reality, actions taken this season should have been implemented whilst we were still in the Prem ....... ironically, the very time that he did Zero to keep us there ........ the biggest BUSINESS mistake he ever made

I agree attendances are down at a lot of other grounds ......... but based on Saturday's figure of below 15000, that is 50% down on what it used to be.

THAT is nothing to do with the World Recession ........... it is 100% to do with SFC's Recession

Lowe should realise that when you get to a point of baling out the bucket that you are baling out from, then it's time to realise that Ego is one thing, Reality is another

We need to be in the Prem, but we are not

We need a successful Team on the pitch, but we have talented youngsters who will soon have the confidence knocked out of them

We have a "Leader" who thinks everything he does is right, whereas, in reality, actions taken this season should have been implemented whilst we were still in the Prem ....... ironically, the very time that he did Zero to keep us there ........ the biggest BUSINESS mistake he ever made

Realistically the odds are so much against you staying in the Premier without serious money behind you. At the present only Bolton buck that trend and at best any club without a major investor can expect is to be yo-yoing between the CCC and Premier. All it takes normally is a change in manager or a few pivotal injuries and that's your lot. We had a whole first team out injured during our relegation season and I am sure would still be there if we managed to keep Killer fit. Charlton backed Curbishley to the tune of £20M in a season just before their relegation, yet everyone is so confident that if Lowe had done the same it would never have happened to us.

So pray tell us, oh wise one, what you would have done in the same circumstances.

You (and many others) are more than happy to whinge at how Lowe and/or JP are running things, and yet hardly anyone offers an alternative idea that is realistic.

lowe/wilde out! and take the dynamic dutch duo with you!

lowe/wilde out! and take the dynamic dutch duo with you!

So who's going to buy Lowe/Wilde's shares?

Who's going to be able to convince the bank that they can reduce the debt in a reasonable time-frame while keeping the club's cashflow acceptable?

Who's going to be the new manager, given that there's no money to spend and the majority of the players are under the age of 20?

Plenty of "ideal situations" being thrown around without any thought whatsoever as to how it's achieved and by whom.

It's not whingeing, it's stating the obvious. We are in this position because our boardroom has been Mickey Mouse for a good few years.

I have an alternative, get Rupert and the other monkeys upstairs on an incentive deal for their wages. Tie it to attendances and points. Stop putting Tyro League players in the side and leaving better more experienced players on the bench. Stop signing central midfielders and get some full-backs in.

The dream alternative is Askham and co realise how poor a businessman really is and withdraw their proxy's from him. Get Wilde and Lowe to crawl back under the stone they came from.

Total football/football first my arse.

Come on then stevegrant, what's wrong with that for starters.

I think its fair to say that results so far are indicating that the Youth are not yet ready, and the Total Football does not seem to be working.

We can get in some loan signings as soon as poss, payoff JP with washers and get in a person with experience of the English game as manager.

Will it guarantee an improvement ? possibly in that the younger players seem to struggle with the foreign concept, a return to a more simple game plan is likely to help.

Lowe was telling me at the start of the season that he gave pearson a chance. Funny then that mark wotte told me that he was basically at the sheff utd game and already had been given the word that he had got the job. Lowe does lie and pearson should have been kept on. I believe he will given time prove to be a great manager. Lowe and wilde out now

I can appreciate that what you say is true, but surely then it is even more vital that some concessions are made on price to make the cost more palateable. As I have pointed out, why does it cost the same to watch the top teams as it does to watch the bottom teams? One expects to pay a premium to watch the top teams in the Premiership, why should it be different in this league, except that the top prices are those we have now and there should be reductions for watching the dross at the bottom beating us ;)

Do you agree that if finances were one of the main problems, that concessions and special offers might therefore be more effective in gaining larger attendances than might otherwise have been the case?

Come on then stevegrant, what's wrong with that for starters.

I have an alternative, get Rupert and the other monkeys upstairs on an incentive deal for their wages. Tie it to attendances and points.

No problem, good idea.

Stop putting Tyro League players in the side

Pretty unfair, IMO. I don't think any of the young players brought in this season have looked out of their depth or lacking quality. Lacking in a bit of strength, perhaps.

and leaving better more experienced players on the bench.

Who's to say they're better? The vast majority of the more experienced players showed themselves to be utter ****e last season under three different managers.

Stop signing central midfielders and get some full-backs in.

No argument here.

The dream alternative is Askham and co realise how poor a businessman really is and withdraw their proxy's from him.

Unfortunately, the second word in that sentence is probably the key one. Askham, I would imagine, is more than happy sitting at home having (I think) retired with plenty of money in the bank. He paid the square root of **** all for his shares in the first place, which then obviously got multiplied when the reverse takeover happened, so even if his shares went for a penny each, he'd still be likely to get back more than he paid for them.

I suspect it would take somebody making him, personally, a very good financial/positional offer for him to switch allegiances.

I would rank Askham much higher on the list of SFC-related figures to hate, as at least Lowe and Wilde have done "some" work (be it good or bad) and put in some effort to aid the running of the club in recent years. Askham has sat on the board but seemingly offered no input and still took plenty of "expenses" (quite what for, I've no idea) out of the club even in his later years as a non-exec.

Get Wilde and Lowe to crawl back under the stone they came from.

In an ideal world, yes, but I can't see it happening until:

a) we're on the verge of administration and someone makes them some sort of rubbish offer in a "well, it's better than the 'nothing' you'll get when the CVA is drawn up" deal, or

b) someone proves that they have ideas and a bit of funding to help the club out of the mess it finds itself in.

I would be very interested to hear whether Lowe and/or Wilde (and indeed Crouch) would accept a SISU-esque share placing in exchange for a substantial cash injection now, considering the way everything's lurched even further downhill in the last year. I also wonder whether they regret not accepting the SISU deal...

..........I can't see it happening until:

a) we're on the verge of administration and someone makes them some sort of rubbish offer in a "well, it's better than the 'nothing' you'll get when the CVA is drawn up" deal.............

That seems to me to be the most likely outcome. Given the world's current financial crisis I think that the day when that happens may be very close.