Would you

Weston Super Saint

League One.

Boot Boy of a manager.

Route one.

Journeymen.

Flowing football a dirty word.

No thanks.

Flowing football in League 1, how does that take you?

Route one may be crude, but if utilsed correctly it leaves you with the satisfaction of WINNING.

League One.

Boot Boy of a manager, who is starting to show how good he is.

Route one, without taking 20 passes and still fail to hit the target.

Journeymen, who out muscle and bully the kids.

Flowing football a dirty word. But winning isn't.

Chairman with deep pockets

No thanks.

How does your Lord review the situation now ?

Yes.

Leicester may be one division below us, but their fans must be much happier and enjoying their football immensely at the moment.

And according to many of the Luvvies, enjoyment is everything and which league we are in is irrelevant. Well Leicester are getting results and playing enjoyable football at the moment.

Why?

Do you think our gloryhunting fans will return?

We can only get 14000 in CCC, in League 1 our support base will disappear even more

If we were Leicester, on a roll, winning games, heading the table, looking like promotion material, the fans would come back. Even in League 1.

Of course, the attendance figures would receive another shock immediately following relegation, and maybe the ST slump would put the club out of business.

But my comment was based on being in Leicester's position now - not about how we got there.

League One.

Boot Boy of a manager.

Route one.

Journeymen.

Flowing football a dirty word.

No thanks.

You've proberly not seen Leicester this season, so how can you make a judgemet?

Mind you the same applies to Saints.

I thought we were going to walk this league, with the "Golden Duo" in charge.

You've proberly not seen Leicester this season, so how can you make a judgemet?

Mind you the same applies to Saints.

I thought we were going to walk this league, with the "Golden Duo" in charge.

The fact that he hasn't seen them or us doesn't stop him making his profound judgements.

Funny to see this thread, as I was musing on it yesterday myself.

A manager I respected with a chairman prepared to dig into his own pockets to help his team which is consequently going well in the right direction. Contrast that with the situation that we are in. I hadn't made a decision on it, but did feel that right now I'd at least swap JP for Pearson if it were possible.

As for swapping Lowe for Mandaric, I'd do that in a flash any day. At least then I'm assuming that Scabby would bugger off and support Leicester.

no, this season is far from over for either club.

Would not want their chairman.

Why choose to go down?

So you'd rather have a pompous areshole with a posh accent who has done noting but take from Saints, than a chairman who ploughs money into the club?

The attendances would not drop as according to many on here we have 14,000 loyal hard core fans.

Leicester are averaging about 50% more than us in their 3 home games (21-23000). Just goes to prove that it is winning that puts bums on seats. Whatever style of play, people go to watch when there is a feel good factor and the team is picking up points regularly at home. It will be interesting to see if these attendances hold up if Leicester start to drop down the table, but frankly thats highly unlikely while Pearson is in charge.

Yes, like a flash. As mentioned above. A manager who knows what is required to get out of the league the right end. Coupled with a chairman willing to throw money at the cause. We will be in their position, with them in ours next year with 2 fundemental differences.

We will be at the bottom of L1 with minus points having gone into administration, while Leicester will be at the top end of the CCC having invested £££'s into the playing side.

If we were Leicester, on a roll, winning games, heading the table, looking like promotion material, the fans would come back. Even in League 1.

Of course, the attendance figures would receive another shock immediately following relegation, and maybe the ST slump would put the club out of business.

But my comment was based on being in Leicester's position now - not about how we got there.

Actually they're 5th, not heading the table. But I accept the point that they are doing better in their league than we are in ours - as you'd probably expect. But we're still in the early days of the season and we could start doing better and they could start doing worse. Or we could get worse and they could get promoted. But why would we want to drop a division if we don't have to?

And if we'd dropped down to League One wouldn't some (no names) of our fans be complaining that we should not be losing to the likes of Millwall at home (as I notice Leicester did last week)?

Actually they're 5th, not heading the table. But I accept the point that they are doing better in their league than we are in ours - as you'd probably expect. But we're still in the early days of the season and we could start doing better and they could start doing worse. Or we could get worse and they could get promoted. But why would we want to drop a division if we don't have to?

And if we'd dropped down to League One wouldn't some (no names) of our fans be complaining that we should not be losing to the likes of Millwall at home (as I notice Leicester did last week)?

Not much ;)

Funny to see this thread, as I was musing on it yesterday myself.

A manager I respected with a chairman prepared to dig into his own pockets to help his team which is consequently going well in the right direction. Contrast that with the situation that we are in. I hadn't made a decision on it, but did feel that right now I'd at least swap JP for Pearson if it were possible.

As for swapping Lowe for Mandaric, I'd do that in a flash any day. At least then I'm assuming that Scabby would bugger off and support Leicester.

Wasn't he chairman at Leicester last season and didn't they "consequently" get relegated to the third tier for the first time in their history?

How is that "going in the right direction"?

I look forward to six weeks time when the knee jerk divs alight on their next club that they can whine "oh why can't we be like them life's so unfair they've got everything right"

Previous winners of the knee jerk "ohhhhh why can't we be like..." award are:

Reading

Derby

Ipswich

Bolton

Leeds

Leicester (at the start of last season, amazingly not at the end of last season, and now again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Watford

Bradford

Charlton

Blackburn

etc

etc

etc

Only on this forum could a club that got relegated to the league below only four-odd months ago could be described as "going in the right direction".

God bless you bunch of spanners.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wasn't he chairman at Leicester last season and didn't they "consequently" get relegated to the third tier for the first time in their history?

How is that "going in the right direction"?

I look forward to six weeks time when the knee jerk divs alight on their next club that they can whine "oh why can't we be like them life's so unfair they've got everything right"

Previous winners of the knee jerk "ohhhhh why can't we be like..." award are:

Reading

Derby

Ipswich

Bolton

Leeds

Leicester (at the start of last season, amazingly not at the end of last season, and now again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Watford

Bradford

Charlton

Blackburn

etc

etc

etc

Only on this forum could a club that got relegated to the league below only four-odd months ago could be described as "going in the right direction".

God bless you bunch of spanners.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If I were you, I'd stop all the rolley eye stuff before you do your eyesight some damage. You've obviously forgotten to mention other teams like Manchester City who fell a couple of divisions and are now sitting pretty for this season. Likewise they only began to go in the right direction after they had fallen to the lowest depths and started to claw their way back upwards. That is the point that Leicester are probably at now and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are in this division next season still heading upwards, whilst we have are down there heading downwards. Then what will you point be?

Yes.

Leicester may be one division below us, but their fans must be much happier and enjoying their football immensely at the moment.

And according to many of the Luvvies, enjoyment is everything and which league we are in is irrelevant. Well Leicester are getting results and playing enjoyable football at the moment.

Would you and a lot of others really be happier in their position? I get the impression that people would be moaning the fact that we're in L1 and only 5th in the league! :rolleyes:

I would say No myself.

Edited by Johnny Shearer

If I were you, I'd stop all the rolley eye stuff before you do your eyesight some damage. You've obviously forgotten to mention other teams like Manchester City who fell a couple of divisions and are now sitting pretty for this season. Likewise they only began to go in the right direction after they had fallen to the lowest depths and started to claw their way back upwards. That is the point that Leicester are probably at now and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are in this division next season still heading upwards, whilst we have are down there heading downwards. Then what will you point be?

And if roles had been reversed, and we had been relegated and Leicester had stayed up, would you be saying the same thing? I think you'd be grizzling like a ***** about how unfair life is :rolleyes:

How many Leicester fans would swap a League one place for a season in the second tier with local derbies with Forest, Derby and Coventry ahead of them as well as a shot at the play offs and the gravy train?

Go on, how many Leicester fans, smart arse? :rolleyes:

Notice you've not mentioned Forest who spent three seasons in the top six of League one week in, week out and now are "sitting pretty" errr, below us.

Sorry, any old dinlow can cherry pick a team that's won a couple of games and then extrapolate how great it would be if only we were them.

Frankly it's retarded, and people that think we'd be better off a league below are completely retarded.

Mandaric could sack Pearson before Christmas. Then what would your point be? Because your point that all clubs that drop to L1 inevitably come back fantastically stronger is fairy story stuff. Tell that to Leeds, Bradford, Wimbledon, Millwall, Luton, Oxford United or Swindon, all teams that have been in the top flight in my lifetime.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

So rolly eyes all the way, sunshine.