From Barnsley site...

L1Minus10

From the Barnsley report

"As for our attacking play, it was again limited. As we said earlier, we didn't record one shot on target and looked extremely poor going forward. However, one chance in particular we should have converted, and how Iain Hume didn't is a mystery to all. Martin Devaney sent the former Leicester man through and after he'd done all the hard work to round the keeper, he was charged with the task of slotting the ball into the empty net. Somehow though he failed to do this, skewing his effort into the side netting as it became clear that it would be our third game in succession without scoring a goal."

Surpisingly few people seemed to notice that actually the linesman had his flag up, and this 'goal' would have been offisde anyway.

K.

From the Barnsley report

"As for our attacking play, it was again limited. As we said earlier, we didn't record one shot on target and looked extremely poor going forward. However, one chance in particular we should have converted, and how Iain Hume didn't is a mystery to all. Martin Devaney sent the former Leicester man through and after he'd done all the hard work to round the keeper, he was charged with the task of slotting the ball into the empty net. Somehow though he failed to do this, skewing his effort into the side netting as it became clear that it would be our third game in succession without scoring a goal."

Surpisingly few people seemed to notice that actually the linesman had his flag up, and this 'goal' would have been offisde anyway.

K.

I didn't see a flag go up. I looked because I thought he was offside.

I didn't see a flag go up. I looked because I thought he was offside.

Anyway half the refereeing decisions nowadays are totally random and incomprehensible . I know it's a difficult job but they change the outcome of matches and can totally negate the effects of coaching,planning and investment.You can battle really hard,give your all to get a tough draw and then some dumb kint gives a totally undeserved penalty against you in injury time,puts everything you've done down to zero.You pay 30 million for a centre forward and some half-wit kicks him up in the air and gets a yellow, then there's

goals like the one on saturday, the hand of god etc etc, the course of events is changed by wrong decisions.It has to stop-how? who knows.

Me too, I'm sure it would have counted. Did you see Wotton jabbing his finger at someone for giving the ball away? Was it McGoldrick (again)?

he gave him a massive mouthful and rightly so.

Pretty fair match report that. Our defence looked good because their attack is the worst in the League.