How many of our players are CCC standard ?

alpine_saint

He's played many of those games at RB and just hasn't looked good. Slow and useless in the air. Also makes errors, like that school boy lunge to give away a penalty against Norwich.

I'm not saying he's old, but he is hardly a kid either. If he was 17 or 18, I'd get the 'he's young and learning' line. At 22 however I'd hope for more composure and consistency.

I wasn't thinking of Wotton, although having seen James in the middle at Leeds, I would preffer Wotton. Morgan and Hammons obviously, then Puncheon.

Guess I should probably give up trying to defend Lloyd James Im firmly In thr minority who rate him. We went to pieces against Brentford and had quite a few other games where he played well in midfield (Wallsall, Charlton, Hartlepool) to judge him on just the Leeds game is a bit harsh was only really two centre halfs who done anything decent that day.

I don't think he's a terrible right back either but then I don't rate any of our right backs.

That is a bloody good question Alps... bloody good...

Look at some players who are playing in the Premiership now and we weren't sure they were ever good enough for us...

Fuller? Delap?

Look at Scott McDonald in Scotland. Is there really that much difference in class between most pros? Set aside the international stars and I wonder you know I really do...

Guess I should probably give up trying to defend Lloyd James Im firmly In thr minority who rate him. We went to pieces against Brentford and had quite a few other games where he played well in midfield (Wallsall, Charlton, Hartlepool) to judge him on just the Leeds game is a bit harsh was only really two centre halfs who done anything decent that day.

I don't think he's a terrible right back either but then I don't rate any of our right backs.

Some people seem to dislike James because he came into a horrendously weakened team and playing out of position. Last season could have ruined him (see Lancashire) but he came through and got better.

He linked up really well with Murty at the beginning of the season and although we now have more exciting options at right midfield, I think he has a lot to offer in the centre. I think he could do with a bit more 'presence' but he can pass the ball a bit and isn't afraid to get stuck in.

I'm gonna be the optimist for once and say the play-offs are do-able, but there is no more margin for error.

If we get to the play-offs, I reckon we could seriously do the other two teams. This would mean CCC footie next season.

How many of our players who played in the starting line-up on Saturday could you see still there next season ?

After watching the Portsmouth game I'd suggest that the team we started with on Saturday (and at least three of the subs) would hold their own in the CCC.

I think our squad would cope very well at CCC level look at Liecester they have done well after stepping up.

Davis Harding Fonte Jaihdi Lallana Morgan Puncheon Hammond Lambert Connolly would all do well in CCC

1 or 2 quality signings and we are going to be a decent side with goals in our team

Pretty much all of our first choice squad is suitable for CCC football, we've got the nucleus of a mid-table CCC side - it's clearly significantly better than last season's relegation mob based on results before and after October alone.

Which is not to say all of them will still be here next season, whether we go up or not. Some are getting past it and need replacing and some previous starters will become squad members (like James suddenly has).