Isolation

harvey

For the first time today, I noticed how isolated the away support was. They were able to make as much noise as they wanted without any close reaction from any home support whatsoever.

The Itchen North should have been kept open for this reason alone, poor show from the club as far as I'm concerned.

For the first time today, I noticed how isolated the away support was. They were able to make as much noise as they wanted without any close reaction from any home support whatsoever.

The Itchen North should have been kept open for this reason alone, poor show from the club as far as I'm concerned.

ive always thought that the Itchen North should've stayed open, purely from an atmosphere point of view,but i must say that it was good to hear the "we're the Northam, we're the Itchen" song again today...(and yes, i know i'll probably get slated for that, but i happen to like it!) so there!:D

mayeb they'll have a re-think and re-open I.N. and close more of the Kingsland or Chapel stand to compensate

ive always thought that the Itchen North should've stayed open, purely from an atmosphere point of view,but i must say that it was good to hear the "we're the Northam, we're the Itchen" song again today...(and yes, i know i'll probably get slated for that, but i happen to like it!) so there!:D

mayeb they'll have a re-think and re-open I.N. and close more of the Kingsland or Chapel stand to compensate

All I'm saying is that closing the Itchen North is sheer lunacy, very much like closing the Lower East Stand of the Dell...........you just wouldn't do it if you had any sense.

All I'm saying is that closing the Itchen North is sheer lunacy, very much like closing the Lower East Stand of the Dell...........you just wouldn't do it if you had any sense.

the trouble is that the people /person that made the decision to close the I.N. are NOT football fans and have probably never felt the exhileration (sp) of the banter between sets of fans...(that is why i love away games so much). tbh, it must be fairly shiite to be an away supporter at SMS nowadays, there's just too much distance seperating the home and away fans..:(

extra policing and extra stewards.

with extra policing you may have a point, but as for the stewards,they would simply be drafted in from other areas..the club would not have to employ more stewards as they have adequate numbers already. there were no stewards redundancies over the closed season because of cost-cutting,merely the normal natural wastage.