What's up with AP?

Made in Southampton

NC, I remember that post of Dubai Phil's as well because it really resonated with me.

But we can't change NC, and AP is on the more sophisticated end of the football manager spectrum, so we have to make this work. The danger - God forbid - is that if they don't make this work we could see a repeat with the next managerial appointment as well.

That's why I'm leaning towards a DoF appointment - someone to act as a "buffer", to use Weston's word.

BTW, I'm shortly going to leave this vital thread in order to watch Canada whack seven bells of hell out of the U.S. at hockey (he says, with the white knuckles and knocking knees of someone who really, really, really, really doesn't want to lose this one!)

I know how the Canadians love their hockey.

I was in Montreal in 1973 when the Canadiens won the Stanley Cup.

Went down to St Catharines Street to see them parade the Cup - Fantastic Experience similar to ours three years later

People taking pot-shots at NC such as SOG are the real ungrateful villians of the peace.

Are you OK with NC spending time in the dressing room ?

Are you OK with NC reducing a 5 year plan to 3 ?

Are you OK with NC going public with HIS feeling on performances ?

No different to EVERY fan I am grateful to NC for convincing ML to buy our club, I believe he is ambitious but does his ambition extend beyond his own reward for achievement ? will he exit as soon as we reach the Premiership after extracting what is rumoured to be a multi million pound bonus(within 3 years) ? will we care if during his watch we achieve the same ?

Its no bad thing to be open minded about people who hold positions of power

No he was not right at the beggining and he just got worse he is used to answering these questions I would have thought

OK...in your opinion he started off badly and it got worse. In my opinion I don't think there was a big problem at the start. Either way, it's semantics. The rest of my post still seems reasonable...IMHO, but that may differ to yours. Which is fine.;)

Are you OK with NC spending time in the dressing room ?

Depends what he's doing there - if its just a motivational/good luck thing, none whatsoever. If he is there to get a feel of the spirit in the team and keep an eye on what AP is doing about such things pre-match, I still dont have a problem. If he is trying to communicate his tactical perspective, I would be outraged, but then I suspect AP would have sent him out with a flea in his ear.

Are you OK with NC reducing a 5 year plan to 3 ?

Considering the amount of money invested in the team, absolutely.

Are you OK with NC going public with HIS feeling on performances ?

Yes, if a "quiet word" hasnt worked, and to be fair, it appears to have made a significant difference.

In case anyone hasn't seen Pardew's interview but has just heard it, the pictures add a lot to the words. If you have a Saints Player subscription try the link. It will help you make your judgement as to whether all is well.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/20100227/saints-outstanding-pardew_2264122_1979398/0,,10280~1979398~1,00.html

after watching that..it is clear that he would rather have not given that interview..

NC, I remember that post of Dubai Phil's as well because it really resonated with me.

But we can't change NC, and AP is on the more sophisticated end of the football manager spectrum, so we have to make this work. The danger - God forbid - is that if they don't make this work we could see a repeat with the next managerial appointment as well.

That's why I'm leaning towards a DoF appointment - someone to act as a "buffer", to use Weston's word.

BTW, I'm shortly going to leave this vital thread in order to watch Canada whack seven bells of hell out of the U.S. at hockey (he says, with the white knuckles and knocking knees of someone who really, really, really, really doesn't want to lose this one!)

I Suppose winning 3 2 is knocking three bells out of the USA;)

I guess the Echo are planning on making a mountain out of a molehill on Monday?

"Pardew in furious rage in interview due to Cortese" Reads the headline 1st March 2010

Nothing like some sensationalism to sell some papers and wind the clubs management up whilst already in a feud.

If the Echo does run with this story it really will have reached a bottom point for its journalism.

It is a nothing story, you only think there was nothing wrong with the questions cos the Echo uses similar lines of questioning. i.e. there is only one possible answer a manager can give and the questions are obvious and pointed.

"Are you happy you won 7-0?" What is he expected to say?

The Daily Echo have a frontpage leader across the top saying 'Mystery of Early Pardew Departure"

Seems a slightly strange comment from a slightly strange poster.

I certainly would like to have Pardew's strange behavior explained

Yep. In the absence of clarity, people will jump to conclusions when a scenario is placed in front of them. I suggested it just might be something family orientated [loss of a close relative], at the time, but I really had no idea what it was. Still don't, but that's AP's private business. Hope everything gets resolved for him.

If its family matters, its none of our business.

You dont think the Echo is run by egotistical tossers ?

No I dont because I have no idea who runs the Echo and I have been reading the paper for nearly fifty years - it is not the Daily Mail

Unlike egotistical tossers who have and will run football clubs.

I dont know what the Echo's take on the Pardew story is but listening to his comments he was not a happy man when interviewed and any explanation would be gratefully received.

I dont really understand why Wilkins could not have stood in if Pardew had to get somewhere quickly but it was a 5 1 thrashing so why was he so down beat

Edited by John B

No I dont because I have no idea who runs the Echo and I have been reading the paper for nearly fifty years - it is not the Daily Mail

Unlike egotistical tossers who have and will run football clubs.

I dont know what the Echo's take on the Pardew story is but listening to his comments he was not a happy man when interviewed and any explanation would be gratefully received.

I dont really understand why Wilkins could not have stood in if Pardew had to get somewhere quickly but it was a 5 1 thrashing so why was he so down beat

5-1 victory, asked about bleak disappointment of an away 0-0 draw and whether he is answering critics

5-1 victory, asked about bleak disappointment of an away 0-0 draw and whether he is answering critics

But that was near the end of the interview and I thought the Interviewer was going out of the way to be nice to Pardew after negative press comments

he was a bit defensive (and not seen video) but after listening again on BBC site thought he was not too bad until that was raised.

Think there is danger that this (like the Cortesse comment before the FA Cup) is being over analysed.

he was a bit defensive (and not seen video) but after listening again on BBC site thought he was not too bad until that was raised.

Think there is danger that this (like the Cortesse comment before the FA Cup) is being over analysed.

Yes I agree NC should have kept quiet

If Pardew is sacked after winning more games than losing and getting SFC to Wembley then I would be very surprised.

Just listened to the interview and I'm sorry what a complete knob that interviewer was.

So negative after a fantastic performance. I think I would have reacted in the same way as Pardew.

I think Pardew would have given him a mouthful after the interview. What a negative ...

Are we scared of Huddersfield. Plonker!

Huge over-reaction and over analysis on here once again.

1) it wasn't that bad

2) it was clear it was after journo started sill negative questions

3) Pardew confirmed it

All talk about him leaving etc has about as much credibility as the rumours on here that Cortesse is disappointed in him

1) it wasn't that bad

3) Pardew confirmed it

All talk about him leaving etc has about as much credibility as the rumours on here that Cortesse is disappointed in him

I agree it was not that bad but I still do not think the questions were that negative either .

There was a huge disappointment with the Wycombe Result and the interviewer gave every chance for Pardew to be Positive and get that result out of the way but as you said somewhere else we dont really know what the expectations of the club are for this season which clouds everything.

A draw at Wycombe is not bad but is not good if we are going for the play offs

1) it wasn't that bad

3) Pardew confirmed it

Yeah but people on here love a good gossip:D

1) it wasn't that bad

3) Pardew confirmed it

should just leave this issue now i think. too much over analysis like u say nick. no doubt some would be disappointed that it didnt run more deeper.

should just leave this issue now i think. too much over analysis like u say nick. no doubt some would be disappointed that it didnt run more deeper.

It would be strange that with only three losses in over twenty games large crowds at St Mary's and a visit to Wembley that some people are disappointed that Pardew is still here

The End

It would be strange that with only three losses in over twenty games large crowds at St Mary's and a visit to Wembley that some people are disappointed that Pardew is still here

The End

Probaly the same people who were moaning on Saturday about the way Saints played.

Some people need a reality check.

However he stands a good chance of making into Private & Colemanballs with statements like this...... "The stats don't lie - we have played 23 games with 14 wins, five draws and just three defeats."

I was thinking he had more chance of making Viz's Billy the Fish

1) it wasn't that bad

3) Pardew confirmed it

Sorry, but 2 above is not correct - the negative attitude by AP was there from the start despite easy friendly questions, but its clearer if you see it, rather than just listen to the soundtrack. Try Saints Player:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/2...9398~1,00.html