What's up with AP?

Made in Southampton

Heard he left early as his wife was ****ed off that he got home late from the Pompey game.

I think we should stop panicking because If AP did leave/sacked blah, blah then kwowing Cortese as we do now, he would have a damn good manager lined up to take us to the next level.

If that happened then it would make the new regime look very stupid. The crowd got into the "only one AP chant", think that shows what the fans of the club think of AP.

I don't think we will have a chairman who was like our previous in firing people for nothing. I personally don't even believe NC put any pressure on Pardew at all, as MLG said i think that was just a piece of journalism that was reported in a sensationilist way.

Mountain and molehill. AP has a bit of a temper on him occasionally but it takes SWF girls to blow it all out of proportion. Knew that someone out there would turn around a fantastic win with some kind of negativity. Sometimes I wonder whether we have some skates attempting to come across as Saints fans and trying to undermine the team.

Interviewer was fine - his questions were no different from usual. Dolly balls in the naffest, provincial radio sense -did you enjoy the performance as much as us, what pleased you in particular, was it the best performance of the season, who was your MOM, do you agree that Saints are the best team in L1 on their day etc.

AP has happily dealt with similar questioning in the past and is the sort of overly sensitive, strong-headed character who is prepared to indulge banal sh*te provided it isn't critical. So I find it hard to believe that it was just the questions that were getting to him.

Only halfway into the interview does the Solent interviewer say anything remotely antagonistic - people were painting a rather bleak picture after Tues performance does today put things right? But by that time Pards was a long gone.

Finally, thought Pards wry smile/rapid blinking of the eyes when asked about the fans chanting/support for the manager was interesting. Interview seemed to go even further off-course/downhill as Pards was dwelling on the pathos of that particular point.

But hey what the f*ck do I know - isn't glasgow the one with the psychology degree ;)

I take it you completed the full 90 MB? Fantastic game to pick for you :D

Yes yes yes, I almost went at half time cause I asked my mum for us to score a 2nd and within a matter of seconds we did, BUT I held it together and stayed, well, I left about 20seconds before the end.

Glad to be back with my extended family :D

I also cleaned my seat too.... from dust and not because a skate had been sitting there previously ;)

i think he's gone, I've heard nothing today - but what i did hear last week (which i stress was a rumour at the time) was that he was told last week that we must get playoffs this season, or he will be sacked. Not sure if that was before or after the Wycombe game. I didn't say anything as i thought (hoped) it was rubbish.

Looks like he may have walked, rather than wait to be pushed.

first massive mistake by the new guys if true, Cortese does strike me as a very stubborn kind of guy, i believe the january spending was also on the premise that we make the playoffs. (the draws in January didn't help that claim)

uh-oh.

Surely the players come in on Sunday when they have a game on Tuesday. How else prepare tactically for the game.

Looks to me to be someone puting 2 & 2 together and drawing strange conclusions.

I have heard nothing.

To be honest with you I think people are doing just that.

If you did look at the money spent and the performances other than Norwich and Warsaw today (who was ****e) then is he really the bees knees?

Personally I hope everything is okay at the club as I know for a fact that next season is going to be the most amazing one we have seen for a decade with the players AP has brought in with a proper pre season behind them.

If someone at the club is giving him grief ask yourself this question. Are you going to get a better man in to manage a third division team ?

A load of managers outside the prem would kill to manage here. I don't want AP to go but I have no doubt we could get someone in who could do just as good a job.

Ok! Not big into conspiracy theories, but Warnock to QPR leaves a vacancy at???? NC ****es AP off by not letting him speak to Palarse. Spiritual home and all that? Don't know what to think. Living in the Reading/Wokingham area not many have a good word to say about AP and loyalty. Hope this is all about 2+2 = 5, but would not surprise me if AP not at Saints next Saturday. One of those gut reactions. Not ITK.

i think he's gone, I've heard nothing today - but what i did hear last week (which i stress was a rumour at the time) was that he was told last week that we must get playoffs this season, or he will be sacked. Not sure if that was before or after the Wycombe game. I didn't say anything as i thought (hoped) it was rubbish.

first massive mistake by the new guys if true, Cortese does strike me as a very stubborn kind of guy, i believe the january spending was also on the premise that we make the playoffs. (the draws in January didn't help that claim)

uh-oh.

This scarily sounds very plausible. It also matches up with the irritable manner in which Pardew answered the questions about public perception etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is true, as much as I hate to say it.

uh-oh.

I was told over a month ago that Pardew would need to get in the playoffs or only a couple of points outside.

I said at the time Cortese has a shorter plan than 5 years and comment by Pardew in recent times and the pressure he says he is under as good as confirmed that.

I am sure he was told again in no uncertain terms after Tuesday but todays performance, repeated until the end of the season would answer those pressures.

I doubt Pardew has been pushed or quit tonight.

Ok! Not big into conspiracy theories, but Warnock to QPR leaves a vacancy at???? NC ****es AP off by not letting him speak to Palarse. Spiritual home and all that? Don't know what to think. Living in the Reading/Wokingham area not many have a good word to say about AP and loyalty. Hope this is all about 2+2 = 5, but would not surprise me if AP not at Saints next Saturday. One of those gut reactions. Not ITK.

not sure he'd be ****ed off at not being allowed to talk to palace, they're possibly going to be in L1 next season anyway - i don't think there is a better job outside the premiership than Southampton at the moment.

A debt free club, an ambitious owner, chairman and money to spend without having to sell. = dream.

A load of managers outside the prem would kill to manage here. I don't want AP to go but I have no doubt we could get someone in who could do just as good a job.

Give us a bit of a list then.

Do we really want to continue going through manager after manager after manager, got us into a hole that we are only just starting to emerge from.

If you was on safe land and the Titanic sailed past, would you jump on it?

Not a chance in hell would Pardew want to give up Saints for that lot!

uh-oh.

Hope you are wrong.

Palace are in administration for christ sake,that is far from an atttractive proposition,"spiritual home" or not.

He wouldnt have been my first choice as manager but since he joined us he really hasnt done anything wrong. The players that he has brought in have been all good buys. I would be happy to finish mid table this season plus the trip to Wembley and then next season the expectation for AP would be to get us automatic promotion.

Do we really want to continue going through manager after manager after manager, got us into a hole that we are only just starting to emerge from.

Of course we don't. I really don't want AP to go (which is what I said.) If he does though there will be a ton of managers who would kill for this job (AP has said so himself!). Name a load of decent managers either out of work or in the championship and most of them would come here IMO.

He wouldnt have been my first choice as manager but since he joined us he really hasnt done anything wrong. The players that he has brought in have been all good buys. I would be happy to finish mid table this season plus the trip to Wembley and then next season the expectation for AP would be to get us automatic promotion.

Absolutely. Why can't we just have a season of happiness for once?

Ditto

I don't believe it for one second but If I had to put down a list then I too would say that SFC is in the top 10 of attractive jobs in Britain if Cortese showed them his vision for the very near future.

Pretty much sums up how i feel.

If you was on safe land and the Titanic sailed past, would you jump on it?

Not a chance in hell would Pardew want to give up Saints for that lot!

No of course not. Just musing more than anything else. Personally I think AP will takes Saints forward, but there is always the nagging suspicion that his heart is in it until something else comes along. What's Coppell doing these days?

A debt free club, an ambitious owner, chairman and money to spend without having to sell. = dream.

Equally all of the above can become a nightmare for a manager.

In the summer most would have taken our current position but expectation has shifted somewhat, most importantly it would seem by our Chairman, it has been suggested 5 years has turned into 3 due to the financial incentive offered by our owner.

Promotion this year was always going to be a major task, although possible I didn't think it probable, that said I did not envisage a trip to Wembley, is that my lack of ambition ? suppose it matters not as I don't pay the wages.

Ditto

Ditto x2.

The powers to be are more than pleased with Pards and the teams progress....In fact they would like to have him on a longer contract...

There ain't a lot better out there folks.....

I for one am very proud that he is our manager and what he has achieved so far...

When it comes to Pards....Some of the pathetic posters on here are a disgrace..

COYRs

The powers to be are more than pleased with Pards and the teams progress....In fact they would like to have him on a longer contract...

I for one am very proud that he is our manager and what he has achieved so far...

COYRs

AP is doing a great job. AP is under pressure to deliver but I'm sure the club are happy with progress to date.

Some perspective. If we win Tue and our two games in hand then we'll be only eight points off the play-offs.

COYRs

100% agree

I expect to wake up tomorrow morning after a good night out and find this is all utter bol**locks

I would be really pi**ed if he walks, but after some RATIONAL thought I though this may just be a load of 'guff'

I read Matt's book and he said that Alan Ball and McMenemy had a really hot/cold relationship BUT it really worked, this could be the case surley.

I feel I can't say a bad word about NC as without him we may have no club, and I think he has done very well so far. We all know AC Milan wanted him and I'm sure they no mugs (maybe that annoyed pards(JOKE)).

Same for Pard's though, think he has done very well.

COYS

AP is doing a great job. AP is under pressure to deliver but I'm sure the club are happy with progress to date.

Some perspective. If we win Tue and our two games in hand then we'll be only eight points off the play-offs.

Agreed...after we win tuesday and the two games in hand:)

We are forever onwards and upwards.... A late surge into the playoffs.. thereafter...... AND a win at Wembley as a bonus.....Pards is the man;)

COYRs

That has been my hope and expectation for this season. I don't quite agree with those that seem to think that anything less than the play-offs is failure. We sterted at minus 10 and with a team used to losing FFS!

AP would be mad to walk away just at a time when he is putting HIS side together at what could be a very bright future at SFC.

Cortese would be an absolute loon for showing AP the door right now.

So much good has been done by both parties,i would be fecking furious if a spanner was put in the works.

Stability, is the key.

We have not had that for an age,and look where that got us.

Bloody foolish for AP to go now,if it were too happen, for all concerned.

IMO.