What's up with AP?

Made in Southampton

Nothing wrong with his "Gaffer ecstatic" report on the OS.

Mountains & molehills.

Gaffer Ecstatic

Yeah, that's more like the Alan Pardew we know. Maybe I am reading more into Pardew's interview today than was necessary. I understand the media were quite critical of AP's team on Tuesday, especially Dave Merrington's comments [i thought they were fair enough, as far as I can remember an evening to forget], and AP's attitude did go mightily downhill once the interviewer mentioned DM.

Video of the Radio Solent interview is now on Saints Player.

A lot more telling seeing it rather than just hearing it on radio.

I think he was just annoyed with the usual pointless questions. They only have obvious answers and must bore Pardew each week talking to Radio Solent.

How so?

Having just watched the video, Blackmore's questionning is fine. Pardew doesn't want to be there from the word go - it's clear to see.

There is definitely something going on to have put him in that sort of mood - what it is we can only guess.

Video of the Radio Solent interview is now on Saints Player.

A lot more telling seeing it rather than just hearing it on radio.

I think he was just annoyed with the usual pointless questions. They only have obvious answers and must bore Pardew each week talking to Radio Solent.

Just watched it myself. He did look a bit glum, but I got the impression it was something else, not the job. Seemed to be going through the motions. Smiled a bit though, when the interviewer mentioned the fans singing his name. Thanking the fans at the end was the genuine bit.

Was wondering what all the fuss was about. Listened to it at 6pm in the car on the way back and the phrase 'mountain out of a molehill' springs to mind. He was only abrupt on the last three or so questions and that was because the interviewer asked him a negative question re: last Tuesday's match. Pardew is wanting his team to give the kind of performance that we saw today day in and day out - I'm not bothered with the way he was today on the interview.

Having just watched the video, Blackmore's questionning is fine. Pardew doesn't want to be there from the word go - it's clear to see.

There is definitely something going on to have put him in that sort of mood - what it is we can only guess.

I guess the Echo are planning on making a mountain out of a molehill on Monday?

"Pardew in furious rage in interview due to Cortese" Reads the headline 1st March 2010

Nothing like some sensationalism to sell some papers and wind the clubs management up whilst already in a feud.

If the Echo does run with this story it really will have reached a bottom point for its journalism.

It is a nothing story, you only think there was nothing wrong with the questions cos the Echo uses similar lines of questioning. i.e. there is only one possible answer a manager can give and the questions are obvious and pointed.

"Are you happy you won 7-0?" What is he expected to say?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Was wondering what all the fuss was about. Listened to it at 6pm in the car on the way back and the phrase 'mountain out of a molehill' springs to mind. He was only abrupt on the last three or so questions and that was because the interviewer asked him a negative question re: last Tuesday's match. Pardew is wanting his team to give the kind of performance that we saw today day in and day out - I'm not bothered with the way he was today on the interview.

I didn't hear last Tuesday's match mentioned at all,he give short nearly monosyllabic answers to everything. But probably something else troubling him.Now the appointment of a Director of Football or something might just trigger that sort of

attitude or not.

I guess the Echo are planning on making a mountain out of a molehill on Monday?

Nothing like some sensationalism to sell some papers and wind the clubs management up.

Oh grow up. I don't know what your problem is with me, but I really couldn't care less. I just want to talk about the team I support with other fans.

Seriously ....What a a lot of fuss over nothing...

I was in car park after the game with a few others we spoke to AP,saying well done to the boys and him,asked him if he thought that was good.

He responded ver well,no problem at all as far as we were concerned..

Leave the bloke alone...

I dont see any problems at all. The interviewer asked some stupid questions about putting things right etc and people complaining which ****ed Pardew off because we done very well this season. Not really suprised. He started the interview perfectly fine.
Exactly, the interviewer said some things that got under his skin. The sarcastic comment about the fans singing his name was pathetic. The fans have been in the main behind him and I wish the solent interviewer was as niggly when interviewing Grant, who comes out with so much nonsense but they let him get away with it.

I didn't hear last Tuesday's match mentioned at all,he give short nearly monosyllabic answers to everything. But probably something else troubling him.Now the appointment of a Director of Football or something might just trigger that sort of

attitude or not.

WC he did mention tuesday and said it something like the 'debacle

tuesday'

So if this thread is to believed we have the following

AP is about to be sacked (What ******s

NC to join AC Milan on monday.

Could it be that AP was ****ed off with a few of the mundane questions

or that he has something personal going on in his life away from football

afterall he was wearing a black tie as somebody else pointed out

Me I think people are making to much out of it especially solent and no doubt the echo.

Perhaps AP had a spat with Rickie Lambert for being substituted?

and rickie gave him a bit of his scouse tongue

Exactly, the interviewer said some things that got under his skin. The sarcastic comment about the fans singing his name was pathetic. The fans have been in the main behind him and I wish the solent interviewer was as niggly when interviewing Grant, who comes out with so much nonsense but they let him get away with it.

Indeed, you would think they were the only team ever to be docked points.

We know its wrong, get over it.............altho having said that a few who were responsible are still there of course !!

Seriously ....What a a lot of fuss over nothing...

I was in car park after the game with a few others we spoke to AP,saying well done to the boys and him,asked him if he thought that was good.

He responded ver well,no problem at all as far as we were concerned..

Leave the bloke alone...

I agree. I also saw him getting in to his Merc and driving off. He gave a wave to everyone that cheered him outside the club shop.

He just seemed to be in a hurry, maybe a personal issue to deal with.

Regards

Morph

Just watched the interview on Saints Player and he looked and sounded in every way as if he didn't want to be there and his mind was on something else.....what that is is anyone;s guess. But very very different from every other interview I've seen and certainly not one you'd expect after a 5-1 victory.....

i've only seen the OS version though, thought he talked about next tuesday only. Should have listened to Solent instead of watching the Rugby then.
No you did the right thing as my daughter and myself both said his attitude changed when the interviewer made a couple odigs as though he was fighting for his job,,,add to that the Avram interview and I was spitting feathers at the cheek of Grant

The questions were pretty pointless as they normally are with Solent and his answers were fairly curt. I have read that he disappeared very quickly after the game which is more worrying than a press interview. Ok great performances against Norwich and Walsall but a poor one against Wycombe.

Think people have made waaaay to much out of it.

I heard it on the way home and at the time thought it was a bit daft questioning really. He said no one was outstanding meaning everyone played as a team and as a team they were outstanding. I think Solent took that the wrong way.

As for the negative remark i 100% agree. I rarely listen to solent because i am at the games but listening to the Wycombe commentary some of the things said, especially by Dave Merrington was way over the top. Getting 7 points from the previous 9 is good form and it didn't sound like it was being presented to well. I think Dave really does come across too negative in what he talks about. The Norwich game was one of the best games i have seen us play, and i would say we played better in that game then todays.

I think he was right with his answer in response to Dave saying he things they are the best team. We are not the best team, we are a team trying to be the best. You have to earn that tag and i feel Pardew was saying we have yet to earn it, and he would be right.

I would much rather have a guy in charge who is grounded in reality rather then someone who tries to get carried away.

Heard he left early as his wife was ****ed off that he got home late from the Pompey game.

I think we should stop panicking because If AP did leave/sacked blah, blah then kwowing Cortese as we do now, he would have a damn good manager lined up to take us to the next level.

Heard he left early as his wife was ****ed off that he got home late from the Pompey game.

I think we should stop panicking because If AP did leave/sacked blah, blah then kwowing Cortese as we do now, he would have a damn good manager lined up to take us to the next level.

Maybe AP is paying the price for not being Nc's number 1 choice!!

Oh I totally agree. Would still feel bad for Pardew. I really like him and think he is a decent manager.