• Hammond
    • Lallana
    • Schneiderlin
    • Lambert
    • Barnard
    • Thomas [shooooooooooot!!!]
    • Waigo
    • Antonio

Sounded uninterested and made the interviewer do all the work. He made it a very short interview. Said he wasnt interested in stats and didnt care that dave merrington said saints on their day were best team in league.

Crucially, he said the fans were fantastic, as usual. He said that with a bit of enthusiasm, but everything else was said with an uninterested tone.

Was the Wycombe match a decider, in more ways than one..?

Sounded uninterested and made the interviewer do all the work. He made it a very short interview. Said he wasnt interested in stats and didnt care that dave merrington said saints on their day were best team in league.

Well let's face it we've been having that argument for weeks. It ain't about the stats it's where we finish...

But doesn't sound good

Enjoyed the Walsall taters - makes a change listening to someone else going through pain and trying to keep their "pecker" up (SNSUN won't have that problem later)

Are we Jeckyll & Hyde? can we do that again on Tuesday? would be nice

maybe he had a ruck with barnard about being substituted. Cant imagine bardard best pleased considering he was on hat trick and perfect chance for lambert to get a rest. could be nothing of course. we all have days where we cant be fooked.

good shout, thats possible. I hope its something like this anyway

maybe he had a ruck with barnard about being substituted. Cant imagine bardard best pleased considering he was on hat trick and perfect chance for lambert to get a rest. could be nothing of course. we all have days where we cant be fooked.

I'm not one to over-dramatise, and I'd like to think it was that superficial, but I think it goes deeper than that.

Fantastic result. We will not make the playoffs as there are to many knock backs at the moment. We are back to where we were after the Norwich game.

We need to win 5 or 6 on the bounce pretty soon and maybe just maybe I may start to change my mind.

Brilliant today though!

Was at the game

they were completely out of their depth playing us

their free kick was superb

we started by just hoofing it

then we played well

it could have been 10-1

no saints player had a bad game

Barnard, puncheon and fonte were the pick of the bunch

puncheon MoM

it was so easy in the end

great day

Merrington was critical of AP after the Wycombe match so perhaps AP's got his own little anti-media thing going. And I have no doubt he got it in the ear from NC for the Wycombe result. Tense times at SMS I suspect.

And pressure is the best excuse for pushing for the play offs this year. Because if you think this is pressure, next season, as runaway favourites and a "promotion or bust" scenario the pressure will be immense.

Was at the game

then we played well

it could have been 10-1

puncheon MoM

great day

Glad you were there DD - Can't disagree TBH.

Was at the game

then we played well

it could have been 10-1

puncheon MoM

great day

Pah ... you should have been here .... Saints Player was a complete crock of $hite Completely missed the 2nd and 3rd goals. :(

Merrington was critical of AP after the Wycombe match so perhaps AP's got his own little anti-media thing going. And I have no doubt he got it in the ear from NC for the Wycombe result. Tense times at SMS I suspect.

What? you really are a muppet aren't you. What Merrington does and does not say as far as Saints are concerned is ******. One mans view - end of.

Saints supporter texted Radio Solent saying, AP pushed past him, on his way out of the stadium, with a face like thunder.

don't quote me on this, it's just a rumour - but apparently he has been told by Nicola that if we don't get the top 6 by the end of the season - then he's off.

talk about pressure.

don't quote me on this, it's just a rumour - but apparently he has been told by Nicola that if we don't get the top 6 by the end of the season - then he's off.

talk about pressure.

Well, that's not impossible, but highly unlikely, so Cortese would be better sacking him now if that is his viewpoint.

Personally don't believe it anyway.

TBF to NC, him and pardew obviously had a conversation about the playoffs and pards was happy to spend his money ??

Some of our performances have been sh*te, but then after today and Norwich i hope he has not been given too many ultimatums ??

NC and ML have spent a lot of money tbf to them, it's only natural that they want a return on the investment.

And pressure is the best excuse for pushing for the play offs this year. Because if you think this is pressure, next season, as runaway favourites and a "promotion or bust" scenario the pressure will be immense.

This is very true. Perhaps if AP cant take the heat in this particular kitchen, it needs to be found out now.

I reckon he got another size 10 up the backside after the Wycombe game, and is still smarting from it.

Don't you just LOVE being a Saints fan.

We put a bad result behind us, have a cracking weekend starting early on Friday, continuing with our best result of the season and then this sudden panic.

Business as usual then.

Wish I could go and watch the telly but we're having a monster thunderstorm and the Satellite is off.

Grrr

talk about pressure.

That would tie-up with his interview, and the rumours of him leaving the stadium early...

The whole thing feels very Man City-esque.

If nicola turns out to be another rupert lowe I dunno if I could cope.

This is an outrageous statement.

The person he works for has put considerable funds into the club.

He has not tried to hog the media attention.

He is clear that the key business aspect of the club is the performance on the field. Not catering. Not radio stations.

To the best of our knowledge, he hasnt tried to pick the team, pick trasnfers, or turned up at Staplewood with a team tracksuit on with "NC" printed on it.

He wont tolerate failure when it has been so well-funded - so what ? That is perfectly normal, and a million miles from Lowe

talk about pressure.

Very bad timing. Not that I would second guess Nicola Cortese, but if that is true, I think it is a backward step. I believe AP deserves a proper amount of time [18 months], especially with this club's history in the last 15 or more years of casting off managers. Without a transfer window, AP could have got his team together within a few weeks of becoming Saints manager.

Very bad timing. Not that I would second guess Nicola Cortese, but if that is true, I think it is a backward step. I believe AP deserves a proper amount of time [18 months], especially with this club's history in the last 15 or more years of casting off managers. Without a transfer window, AP could have got his team together within a few weeks of becoming Saints manager.

Its a partial explanation, but it does NOT explain the drop-off in performance between the Norwich and Wycombe games.

What? you really are a muppet aren't you. What Merrington does and does not say as far as Saints are concerned is ******. One mans view - end of.

I was simply joining the speculation about what might be bugging AP, that's all.

Keep you insults to yourself or get it back in kind, you moron.

Morgan still hasnt scored. pathetic performance.

Interesting how different people see it but I'm not sure if you're serious - I thought he was absolutely brilliant for us today, and I think the performance against Wycombe showed his importance in CM.

Man of the match possibly Puncheon though - we just have so much movement and quality up front now. Great match, not sure whats up with Pards though?

Interesting how different people see it but I'm not sure if you're serious - I thought he was absolutely brilliant for us today, and I think the performance against Wycombe showed his importance in CM.

Man of the match possibly Puncheon though - we just have so much movement and quality up front now. Great match, not sure whats up with Pards though?

i was joking ;)

Don't you just LOVE being a Saints fan.

We put a bad result behind us, have a cracking weekend starting early on Friday, continuing with our best result of the season and then this sudden panic.

Business as usual then.

Wish I could go and watch the telly but we're having a monster thunderstorm and the Satellite is off.

Grrr

Phew ... so it's not just mine then ;)

All this banging and flashing outside isn't going to help me get a good nights sleep before my 0430 wake up alarm :cool:

The AP situation is all a bit bizarre .... hope there is nothing sinister afoot.