Saints v Walsall [formerly known as Warsaw] build up.

supersonic

Before we get carried away lets not forget Walsall2Brentford1Nicholls 35

Deeney 84

MacDonald 17

Attend: 3616

Half-time: 1-1

Match Day Live

AND MORE WORRYINGLY........

Leeds1Walsall2McSheffrey 54

Mattis 46

McDonald 81

Attend: 18941

Half-time: 0-0

Match Day Live

were their 2 previous matches prior to the mid week blip v Yeovil.

Might not be the cakewalk most on here seem to think it will be. Still, I'm going for a hard earned 2-0 ;)

Edited by ericofarabia

Davis

Ostemebor - Jaidi - Fonte - Harding

Lallana - Morgan - Hammond - Puncheon

Waigo - Lambert

If Schneiderlin isn't fit I'd replace him with Wotton and go 4-5-1 with Puncheon through the middle and Lallana / Waigo outwide.

If James is fit i'd stick him right back.

That's the team I'd go with.

Personally, I think Papa looks like our most exciting forward player, he looked it against MKDons and when he came on against Wycombe he looked alot better than Barnard did in that game.

Is Adam left footed or a player that can use both with ease. He has always struck me as a player that with time could fullfill his promise in central midfield.

right footed i think, he could probably play in AMC higher up the leagues, but i would never play him in the middle in this division.

He'd get gobbled up tbh.

If that's the team it would be better to have...

- -------Morgan - Hammond - ------

Waigo---------Lallana--------Puncheon

-------------- Lambert---------------

So everyone is in their best position. Effectively 4-3-3 or 4-2-4.

Basically the team that would have started against Exeter (away) had Morgan been fit (the only other difference was that Puncheon and Lallana swapped positions). Didn't do us much good that day mind you. Still think if you play Papa, it has to be up top and down the middle, not on the right.

I'm hoping it'll be 2-0 whatever team we put out but my team would be...

Davis

Semi Fonte Jaidi Harding

Hammond Morgan

Waigo Lallana Punch

Lambert

Subs: Bart, Seaborne (or Thomas if not), Mills, Wotton, Antonio, Barnard, Holmes.

Is Adam left footed or a player that can use both with ease. He has always struck me as a player that with time could fullfill his promise in central midfield.

one of the coaches previously said he trains him every day and doesn't know which is stronger foot.

But pappa is a striker. He def needs to be played through the middle, and off another striker who plays as a target man i.e. Lambert

Don't give up the day job.

Work? ...how vulgar

Anyway back to the footy, looking forwards to this one, especially seeing Puncheon at home. Same team effort and performance as last weekend would be good but I'm not sure if Jaidi will manage 3 games in a week?

If a promising player doesn't score for a while or has a dip in form we should write them off completely, put them in the reserves then cheaply sell them off. It's clearly the best way to run a club.

Agreed, I mean it worked so well with all the ex-saints currently plying their trade in higher divisions thatn us :rolleyes:

Some people eh?

Waigo did very well on the right of a 4-3-3/4-5-1, a system he is very used to from Italy, but he isn't a winger for a 4-4-2 system.

Adam Lallana if a very good player, but he isn't a striker, nor a CM, nor is he the dominant type like Tiss in his pomp who could be given a free role in the middle of the park and use it as a magician. On the left, or right, would be a good idea, and then to keep him there, but then you have to have a proper winger on the other side to provide width at all times.

If that width is not there, the CMs haven't got an outlet, they have to knock it forward (head of Lambo) or back to the CBs who will knock it forward (head of Lambo again) or play a careful ball to the fullback. Derry has pointed this out and in my opinion his analysis is right. To try to squeeze Lallana into the team with both Puncheon and Antonio as wide players makes us inconsequential in CM.

With the players we have, and not least Lallana, we had the material for 4-5-1, which they proved, but that is now history. If the manager hasn't got the confidence for it, which patently he hasn't, the players won't have it either.

So they bring 11 men and we only get six?????

at least give us a bloody keeper for christ's sake!

Waigo did very well on the right of a 4-3-3/4-5-1, a system he is very used to from Italy, but he isn't a winger for a 4-4-2 system.

Adam Lallana if a very good player, but he isn't a striker, nor a CM, nor is he the dominant type like Tiss in his pomp who could be given a free role in the middle of the park and use it as a magician. On the left, or right, would be a good idea, and then to keep him there, but then you have to have a proper winger on the other side to provide width at all times.

If that width is not there, the CMs haven't got an outlet, they have to knock it forward (head of Lambo) or back to the CBs who will knock it forward (head of Lambo again) or play a careful ball to the fullback. Derry has pointed this out and in my opinion his analysis is right. To try to squeeze Lallana into the team with both Puncheon and Antonio as wide players makes us inconsequential in CM.

With the players we have, and not least Lallana, we had the material for 4-5-1, which they proved, but that is now history. If the manager hasn't got the confidence for it, which patently he hasn't, the players won't have it either.

I think we have reached the stage where just shuffling the pack week after week doesn't cut it.

Pardew has to decide which 11 players give him the best balanced team which in my opinion isn't the best 11 players. He also has to stop tucking the wide players in, because it has been the basic problem all season. As leopards don't change their spots I can't see that happening. He talks a good game but his team set up and selections don't match up.

I think Pardew is a two trick pony a thin 4-5-1 or an even thinner 4-4-2.

I am sure he is aware that he is on borrowed time but his inbuilt pragmatism and inhibition, despite saying we have to take risks, will be his undoing. I think we are capable, whatever the formation we play, of winning quite a few games and not losing many, but still not doing enough or regularly playing the sort of football that will convince the owners.

Can you believe the crap that is coming out of SMS these days. According to The Echo tonight Pardew thinks we can still make the play-offs if we get 6 points in the next two home games and carry on winning.

He's even got Hammond parroting his masters voice now with the extra emphasis that we've got "to win all our games" and we need 70-odd points usually to get inot the play-offs.

Strewth! What ARE these people on? We told them to get their fingers out weeks ago when there was still a vague hope we might make it. Now there's no chance, they're hoping Cortese won't notice if they put up a big screen of b*llsh%t....

Can you believe the crap that is coming out of SMS these days. According to The Echo tonight Pardew thinks we can still make the play-offs if we get 6 points in the next two home games and carry on winning.

He's even got Hammond parroting his masters voice now with the extra emphasis that we've got "to win all our games" and we need 70-odd points usually to get inot the play-offs.

Strewth! What ARE these people on? We told them to get their fingers out weeks ago when there was still a vague hope we might make it. Now there's no chance, they're hoping Cortese won't notice if they put up a big screen of b*llsh%t....

You are SO boring...

What would you rather they said?

'We have nothing to play for now, so there's not really much point coming to the games until next season'?

Go and bother an Arsenal forum.

But we can make the play-offs, just as they say, but we will need to win 14 out of 16 and get 2 draws, so there's no margin for error. How likely that is would be something else.

Tough game which will be far from easy - I think we'll win mind (hope so after the other night!) but not by a hat full.

Tough game you must be having a laugh.

Tuesday's game will probably be tough as currently after 30 mins Huddersfield are beating Leeds 1 0

If we dont win today I think Pardew's days will be numbered

Edited by John B

and Huddersfield have just taken the lead - could be all over before we kick a ball.

Don't know how a Huddersfield win might effect morale all round. Looking at the table (but not the fixtures) it could be that the play-off threshold would be a massive 85 points.We can change that with our home games against Leeds,Charlton,Huddersfield and Swindon though. Certainly no play-offs at less than 80 points in League 1 this season.

Don't know how a Huddersfield win might effect morale all round. Looking at the table (but not the fixtures) it could be that the play-off threshold would be a massive 85 points.We can change that with our home games against Leeds,Charlton,Huddersfield and Swindon though. Certainly no play-offs at less than 80 points in League 1 this season.

Yes just looked at the Table all of the top 6 look like getting over 80

As you said somewhere else we we would have to win at least fourteen of the last sixteen games and hopefully draw the other two to have any chance of getting to the play offs which would mean an unbeaten leauge run of over twenty games

Jeez - I'm glad I've not got the same manic depressive tendencies some on here have got. If we win 14 games from our remaining 17 and do not reach the playoffs I will not give a monkeys because I will have enjoyed watching my team winning more games than losing with a trip to Wembley in the meantime. What more could a supporter wish for FFS?! I think we'll win today...probably 3-1.

Yes just looked at the Table all of the top 6 look like getting over 80

As you said somewhere else we we would have to win at least fourteen of the last sixteen games and hopefully draw the other two to have any chance of getting to the play offs which would mean an unbeaten leauge run of over twenty games

Unlikely as they mostly still have to play each other. That said we will not get anywhere near 6th place. We will do very well to get to 8th.