Saints v Walsall [formerly known as Warsaw] build up.

supersonic

"Statistics"? Why the quotes? They are statistics.

And with regards to him fading away...i respectfully disagree.

He's not consistent but then he's also only 21.

Also quite plainly one of our best players.

How you can't see that is beyond me.

It's ridiculous, it's obvious to me he's one of our best players and one of the best in the league. Whenever I speak to any neutral who watches one of our games they usually single out Lallana.

I think some people have a problem with him because he was around last season and was one of Lowe's boys.

In central midfield certainly because they have the aptitude required for that role and Lallana doesn't. A CM is basically a ball recovery merchant and I can't see him doing that. As I said yesterday AP is a nowhere man just now, he had a good spell and now just drifts in and out of games. I think a side without him might just surprise us all greatly.It would give the strikers more space and the missed chances might not go begging so often. If there's a choice between Wotton,Gillett and Lallana in CM I know who I wouldn't trust in the role.

Lallana needs to move up to a side with better coaches and more cohesion,

he's either wasting his time with Saints or he really isn't all that good. I hope for him it's the former.Have you noticed how few players really make the step up from League 1 football to the higher echelons?, I know Eric Mombaerts thinks it's just a no-mans land for anyone who has any sort of ability. The instant you do something useful at the very next opportunity some hod-carrier (thanks Alps) will give you a good going over and make you think twice about doing it again.

Fair enough. Footballs about opinions and your rating/opinion of Lallana is a million miles away from mine if you would prefer Wotton and Gillett to him in any position in the team.

Did you watch him play against Norwich and Pompey recently btw?

It's ridiculous, it's obvious to me he's one of our best players and one of the best in the league. Whenever I speak to any neutral who watches one of our games they usually single out Lallana.

I think some people have a problem with him because he was around last season and was one of Lowe's boys.

It's sad that Lallana and Morgan two of our best young skillful players are slagged off on here on a reglar basis by some people. Young players have dips in form and injuries all the time. Good job this forum was not around when a young Le Tiss was breaking into the Saints first team.

Davis

Ostemebor - Jaidi - Fonte - Harding

Lallana - Morgan - Hammond - Puncheon

Waigo - Lambert

If Schneiderlin isn't fit I'd replace him with Wotton and go 4-5-1 with Puncheon through the middle and Lallana / Waigo outwide.

If James is fit i'd stick him right back.

Ahead of Semi and Thomas?

Fair enough. Footballs about opinions and your rating/opinion of Lallana is a million miles away from mine if you would prefer Wotton and Gillett to him in any position in the team.

Did you watch him play against Norwich and Pompey recently btw?

Norwich no, Pompey yes but I didn't see anything particularly special, he flatters to deceive, good skill,very little end product and he cost us the game (along with Waigo).It's not really surprising though, I see football differently to most of you because I see a different kind of football most of the time.It happens with many of us overseas residents, thing that you local people find attractive we find ordinary, you would probably find our football slow and airy fairy, but at the end of the day it's that kind of game that gets the real results, which is why the Premier League is stuffed full with overseas players,coaches and managers. It's a kind of less energy more end product situation.

NB to me Schneiderlin and Fonté are by far the best players on our books, although some wouldn't agree, because they see the game differently..

Edited by Window Cleaner

Why we all feel the need to come up with all these half baked idea i have no idea.

I'll take the same team as played at Norwich if Morgan is available please.

Crying out for a consistent team and picking the best eleven then insisting on change the second we have our first setback is a little silly if you ask me.

Norwich no, Pompey yes but I didn't see anything particularly special, he flatters to deceive, good skill,very little end product and he cost us the game (along with Waigo).It's not really surprising though, I see football differently to most of you because I see a different kind of football most of the time.It happens with many of us overseas residents, thing that you local people find attractive we find ordinary, you would probably find our football slow and airy fairy, but at the end of the day it's that kind of game that gets the real results, which is why the Premier League is stuffed full with overseas players,coaches and managers. It's a kind of less energy more end product situation.

NB to me Schneiderlin and Fonté are by far the best players on our books, although some wouldn't agree, because they see the game differently..

Don't know what country you mean but i am a fan of Spannish and Italian(Sampdoria) football. Don't think those leagues would suit Wotton's cultured passing game though :-)

Don't know what country you mean but i am a fan of Spannish and Italian(Sampdoria) football. Don't think those leagues would suit Wotton's cultured passing game though :-)

I live in France, thought everyone knew that, not that our football is anything special mind you but Bordeaux and Lyon are doing pretty well in the CL with very reasonably priced sides,Lille are getting on OK in the Europa League with a side that cost very little (Morgan's next destination if you believe what some say)

don't start me on PSG, overpaid bunch of tossers, to think that I pay good money to watch that crap.:)

Might i suggest yo go and watch Red Star or Aubervilliers mon vieux....

I live in France, thought everyone knew that, not that our football is anything special mind you but Bordeaux and Lyon are doing pretty well in the CL with very reasonably priced sides,Lille are getting on OK in the Europa League with a side that cost very little (Morgan's next destination if you believe what some say)

don't start me on PSG, overpaid bunch of tossers, to think that I pay good money to watch that crap.:)

Ahead of Semi and Thomas?

Yes ahead of those two.

Ostemebor is just a bit meh, doesn't ever use his pace and doesn't really get stuck in.

Thomas is a bit of a legend but far too limited to play right back.

James isn't ideal but I think he's our best right back, I know people dislike him and i'm in a minority thinking he's our best right back. All he really lacks is pace and his heading isn't great.

There is a lot of difference between a collection of good players which often provides a hit and miss team, and a balanced team that collectively performs better than the ability of the individual players.

Sometimes to obtain the ideal team and match the players, talented players who don't blend have to be replaced with ones who do. Compromise in selection and pragmatism in style is holding up this process.

In my opinion that is where we are at the moment, yet to discard the sacred cows and have a balanced team. If Pardew doesn't hurry up and sort it out because of the inbuilt inconsistency he won't be around long enough to do it.

He's scored against Exeter and against MK Dons, I don't know why you feel the need to slate Lallana at every turn especially to the point that you're making things up.

He's score 14 goals from midfield already this season all from open play, that's better than most strikers in this league.

We only done the 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 with Connolly coming on for three games Oldham, MK and Leyton Orient, I wouldn't really say Lallana was any better in those three games. Strange that you mentioned it, his best run of form was after that when we switched to 4-4-2 and Lallana was playing very wide as opposed to the more narrow role he's played over recent weeks.

He has not scored much recently in the League is that not a discussion point

A couple of goals may have made a contribution to our points total

However I now expect him to score a couple on Saturday

Might i suggest yo go and watch Red Star or Aubervilliers mon vieux....

Played against both of them when I was at St Maur (now called Lusitanos or something like that) Parisian leagues,CFA and then National (mind you I didn't get too many game in the National because I was a real amateur..in many ways).Then I got "muted" away and got too old anyway.

Yes ahead of those two.

Ostemebor is just a bit meh, doesn't ever use his pace and doesn't really get stuck in.

Thomas is a bit of a legend but far too limited to play right back.

James isn't ideal but I think he's our best right back, I know people dislike him and i'm in a minority thinking he's our best right back. All he really lacks is pace and his heading isn't great.

Tbh I've never seen James get stuck in.

Even if Semi hasn't used all his pace I would still say that he is far more pacey than James. Ever since Thomas' two matches against MK Dons, I would also say that he is firmly ahead of James in the pecking order IMO.

But how can you slate Lallana for having no end product then big up Schneiderlin a man who has three assists to his name and no goals. Now i'm not slating Schneiderlin and i see the importance of him in the team. But you must see where i'm coming from here?

But how can you slate Lallana for having no end product then big up Schneiderlin a man who has three assists to his name and no goals. Now i'm not slating Schneiderlin and i see the importance of him in the team. But you must see where i'm coming from here?

Because Schneiderlin is a "milieu recuperateur" it's what he does, Deschamps didn't score many goals either nor get tons of assists, still one of the greatest players of his generation. If you're expecting a lot of assists and rockets into the top corner from Morgan you've been led up the garden path.He is there to win the ball and distribute it, getting forward if he can ;he is not an attacking player, although he did pretty well down the right against Norwich.

In brief Morgan is our Deschamps and Lallana is supposed to be our Zidane except that he's not quick of thought and can't shoot.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Semi over James. Has the pace to track back and close down which James doesn't. No surprise that most of Norwich and Wycombes threat was on Harding's side. Neither he nor James are the most positionally aware or aggressive, so a deadtie in that department. Think Semi has greater potential to get down the line than James, though he needs to exploit this more. Semi is comfortable on the ball though James hits a good first time ball. A points decision to Semi in my opinion.

Because Schneiderlin is a "milieu recuperateur" it's what he does, Deschamps didn't score many goals either nor get tons of assists, still one of the greatest players of his generation. If you're expecting a lot of assists and rockets into the top corner from Morgan you've been led up the garden path.He is there to win the ball and distribute it, getting forward if he can ;he is not an attacking player, although he did pretty well down the right against Norwich.

While he and hammond are the best we have in midfield (and we've missed them in the last couple of months), they're too similar. The danger is that they just become pass the buck players - even worse than the proverbial water carrier.

It's sad that Lallana and Morgan two of our best young skillful players are slagged off on here on a reglar basis by some people. Young players have dips in form and injuries all the time. Good job this forum was not around when a young Le Tiss was breaking into the Saints first team.

Well said. Two very good players at this level. How anyone can slag off Lallana I don't know, the lad is class, 14 goals from midfield, he's only 21 I think, what would be classed as "good enough"!!

While he and hammond are the best we have in midfield (and we've missed them in the last couple of months), they're too similar. The danger is that they just become pass the buck players - even worse than the proverbial water carrier.

One must be the milieu relayeur and one the recuperateur, they play however AP tells them, probably not as they want. See him about the style of play.

Tactical schemas are fairly fixed and it's the coach (or manager) who fixes them. As I see it Hammond is supposed to be our relayer because he's usually the farthest forward. However I did see a change against Norwich where I would have said the roles had been inverted.Perhaps we'll see that again on Saturday if Morgan is fit.

Davis, Semi, Fonte, Jaidi, Harding, Antonio, Hammond, Puncheon, Lallana, Barnard, Lambert

Subs: Bart, Thomas, Mills, Holmes, Wotton, Gillett, Waigo.

Assuming Schneiderlin, Connolly and James all injured still as Pardew said after Tuesday.

By the way, with Morgan out for a while, get a loan in as cover. Yoann Folly has just gone out on loan from Plymouth for a month to D&R. Could have done a job for us.

Well said. Two very good players at this level. How anyone can slag off Lallana I don't know, the lad is class, 14 goals from midfield, he's only 21 I think, what would be classed as "good enough"!!

He has not scored many in the League in the last three months which is a bit of a concern and rarely wins games for us

Edited by John B

Some good news on AP's preview on the OS though, thinks Morgan will be OK for Saturday and that Seabourne's injury isn't very serious, just bruising. James has a bit of bone floating bout in his ankle somewhere and needs a couple of weeks rest to help him get through the rest of the season without an op.

Same side as Norwich on Saturday then and again on Tuesday. Same style both times, should be far too good for Walsall and Huddersfield.

Some good news on AP's preview on the OS though, thinks Morgan will be OK for Saturday and that Seabourne's injury isn't very serious, just bruising. James has a bit of bone floating bout in his ankle somewhere and needs a couple of weeks rest to help him get through the rest of the season without an op.

Same side as Norwich on Saturday then and again on Tuesday. Same style both times, should be far too good for Walsall and Huddersfield.

Great news.

..................................Davis

Otsemobor.......Fonte.........Jaidi........Harding

Lallana.............Hammond......Morgan............Puncheon

......................Barnard...........Lambert

bench of:

Bart

Perry

Thomas

Gillett

Holmes

Antonio

Waigo

Edited by Avenue Saint

He has not scored many in the League in the last three months which is a bit of a concern and rarely wins games for us

But he scores more than any of our other wingers and also wins more games for us than our other wingers.

Only Lambert and Connolly have been more of a match winner than Lallana for us this season.

But he scores more than any of our other wingers and also wins more games for us than our other wingers.

Only Lambert and Connolly have been more of a match winner than Lallana for us this season.

Well if you are happy that Adam is a very good player and is performing well thats OK .

But I dont have to agree

Well if you are happy that Adam is a very good player and is performing well thats OK .

But I dont have to agree

Well of course, I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone as it is just that an opinion.

I just find your opinion strange, he might not have been scoring loads recently but the last 5 games have been some of his best for the club imo and I hope he can continue that form over the next three months.

Well of course, I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone as it is just that an opinion.

I just find your opinion strange, he might not have been scoring loads recently but the last 5 games have been some of his best for the club imo and I hope he can continue that form over the next three months.

I fully expect him to score on Saturday like I have most League match days only to be disappointed like I was with him last season.

He does look good but never seems to make the correct decision more often than not

But I only watch the Saints once a month these days so I maybe wrong

Edited by John B

In brief Morgan is our Deschamps and Lallana is supposed to be our Zidane except that he's not quick of thought and can't shoot.

I actually think that Morgan has goals in him, he just hasn't made that breakthrough for us yet. If either of his attempts on the opening day had gone in then I think he and the team would have had a very different season.

Oh really interesting... i'm always hoping Red Star can become the force that they once were many moons ago now, their ground is not too far from where i live so them and Aubervilliers are my local teams so to speak ...

Played against both of them when I was at St Maur (now called Lusitanos or something like that) Parisian leagues,CFA and then National (mind you I didn't get too many game in the National because I was a real amateur..in many ways).Then I got "muted" away and got too old anyway.

Great news.

..................................Davis

Otsemobor.......Fonte.........Jaidi........Harding

Lallana.............Hammond......Morgan............Puncheon

......................Barnard...........Lambert

bench of:

Bart

Perry

Thomas

Gillett

Holmes

Antonio

Waigo

This. Saints win 3-1. HTH.

Mr Whot-No?

That dates you WC !!!!!

maybe, but as I said earlier on I know a lot of things.

Bloke is called Chad if I remember correctly.My Gran used to draw him quite well

and explain that during the war (OK not the Crimean War) he was in the papers every time there was a shortage of turnips or chitlings or whatever..

Oh really interesting... i'm always hoping Red Star can become the force that they once were many moons ago now, their ground is not too far from where i live so them and Aubervilliers are my local teams so to speak ...

Red Star is down St Ouen way isn't it?

I think I saw them on Yzeure's fixture list the other day when was up in Moulins so they must be in CFA now.