jan p

Oz

The squad is limited, .... and if you read his comments, a lack of listening skills and possibly even motivation.

Now there we have it at last .. our trumpeted Academy just maybe hasn't been developing players of the right calibre. And yet Lowe thought it was a good plan to rely on them. Lowe was mesmerised by Theo Walcott, and hasn't taken the rose-tinted glasses off since.

But how on earth can they be lacking motivation under the total football revolution which will bring yongsters from all over the globe to join in? If we assume (for the sake of argument) that JP is ok, again it must be something seriously lacking with the players we have, and the way they have been encouraged (or allowed) to think.

Face facts - JP is out of his depth, and is not being helped by his Director of Football.

I think it is a bit early to write him off. The team have put is some decent performances and some poor performances. No different then to teams managed by Pearson, Burley, Strachan etc.

The big difference is that JP has less resources to call upon than the others.

The club has little choice but to try and get the most out of the younger players, it is not going to happen over night but in these days where giving a manager a chance means lets see how he does over 6 matches, any chance of bulding for the future is always going to fall foul of many of the "I want it now" fans.

I am not sure who our Director of Football is, but if you mean Lowe, what else can he do? Magic up £10m?

If the bank are calling the shots re our finances, perhaps the bile should be aimed at them?

I only pointed out that you wrote him off, said he was deluded, lied about not feeling knee after some games and not being in agony and was a cripple.

I reported facts for others info from direct quotes heard on local radio and people I knew.

You gloated that he missed the game.

Very disappointing from a Saints fan.

Face facts - JP is out of his depth, and is not being helped by his Director of Football.

I think some closer inspection is needed, one of the Nick's spoke about SLH being handled by a special Barclays recovery team - any idea where they are based?

Think we will find that a 28 year old failed investment banker with a degree in accounting aspiring to become a corporate recovery guru working on multi-million dollar deals is now our de facto DoF.

A career banker is probably making the decisions to help his career rather than the football club.

In one of his (luckily) rare public statements, Rupert did sort of allude to this.

I think some closer inspection is needed, one of the Nick's spoke about SLH being handled by a special Barclays recovery team - any idea where they are based?

Think we will find that a 28 year old failed investment banker with a degree in accounting aspiring to become a corporate recovery guru working on multi-million dollar deals is now our de facto DoF.

A career banker is probably making the decisions to help his career rather than the football club.

In one of his (luckily) rare public statements, Rupert did sort of allude to this.

I'm sure you're right Phil. There's also every possibility that he'll do a better job of running SLH than Rupert Lowe, Michael Wilde and Leon Crouch who have all failed at the job. I can't think of a single company other than Southampton Leisure who have re-appointed a Chairman who almost bankrupted the club during his first tenure.

I just hope the man from Barclays has noticed that there are a lot of empty seats at the ground because fans are being asked to pay too much for too little.

I think if he's even had the experience of selling at a car boot sale the solution to that little problem would be obvious even if it eludes Lowe and Wilde. It makes me wonder what Dave Jones the clubs FD does all day. Is he just glad he has less beans to count or do the other Directors just ignore his advice

he should go and he should go NOW! and take lowe and wilde with him!

Brilliant suggestion. And who does that leave to handle the finances, run the club, train the players. Infantile posts are not the answer to Saints problems and neither is kicking the people running the club every time we fail to win a game. Supporting Saints is becoming less fun, not because of the Chairman or the coach but because of the constant bickering amongst the so-called supporters. Yes, I know, thats what fans do, but maybe its the fans who need to change.

What the f**k is going on with this site?

Are we all intent on flushing this club down the toilet?

We're calling for the manager's head after 7 games - yet if it happened, we'd look back and blame Lowe for dispensing with another manager in quick succession. We know that (as money is non-existent) we're not going to get a big name manager or be able to buy new players - but we'll whinge when Dodd & Gorman MkII get employed and whine when the new manager chooses to sell two players (only the good ones - no-one wants the others) in order to get three loan players so we can play the way he wants. And then we'll wonder why the team seem to find it difficult to bed in and get results.

Let's have another reincarnation of the "administration might be good" thread. At least if the club went bust and we sold the ground, it would give the stayaway fans a good reason for not going to the game: "I'd like to go to the game now Rupert is gone, but sadly Saints don't exist anymore. Ah well, it's off to West Quay for me..."

F**king lunacy...

I just hope the man from Barclays has noticed that there are a lot of empty seats at the ground because fans are being asked to pay too much for too little.

Do you really think a drop in price would tempt fans like the ones moaning on here?

I doubt it, too many use things to make an excuse. Fans asked that Lowe kept a low profile on his return, he has done so even then they still find things to moan at.The quality of football does not improve if you charge less.Im still patiently waiting for the team to start a winning run and I may be disappointed but at least I wont sit and wonder what if.