• Wotton
    • Perry
    • Mills
    • Surman
    • DMG
    • Gillett
    • Lallana
    • Pekhart

Got a long wait then. All the information you require is there. As usual, you are asking a question you know the answer to simply for the wind-up.

No it's not, I want you to tell me how you think the "happy clappies" are doing more damage than negative fans like you. The problem is you cannot give an honest answer but would rather use another post for your answer which has no bearing on your quote.

I sit in the mid-Kingsland and I could see clear daylight between both defenders and Pekhart, no trips or pushes, and if it had been one of their fellows we would all have been p!ssed off if a penalty had been given.

I sit level with the goal line in the Itchen, the penalty was clear as daylight imo, going by reactions in the Kingsland opposite me they felt the same, as did the Chapel to my left. To me it was a more clear cut penalty than the one we conceded against Blackpool.

Well what can I say about todays game!

To sum it up we do good against really good teams and s*** against bad teams like Barnsley and today we buckled under pressure and especially that we have to win our home games so I thought todays game was rubbish but hopefully starting with a win at Rotherham on tuesday night things can only get better! ;)

ok well, carrying on the trend, we were ****e today, had nothing going forward, we got into the final 3rd and then looked lost!

and when ever we did shoot, the keeper could have been standing on his head because they were hit so weakly!!

one plus point though which hasn't been mentioned. I thought the left-back, Mills, had a really solid debut. First 10mins he was obviously nervous and made a few minor errors, but from then on, looked sound and really hope it carrys on, as was really impressed by him.

ok well, carrying on the trend, we were ****e today, had nothing going forward, we got into the final 3rd and then looked lost!

and when ever we did shoot, the keeper could have been standing on his head because they were hit so weakly!!

one plus point though which hasn't been mentioned. I thought the left-back, Mills, had a really solid debut. First 10mins he was obviously nervous and made a few minor errors, but from then on, looked sound and really hope it carrys on, as was really impressed by him.

I thought mills looked out of his depth. Apart from one header running backwards, i didnt see anything in the performance that you coulddnt get anywhere on a sunday mornning

John gave Barnsley more problems in 10 minutes than Peckhart managed all game. He has to start, certainly at home, and we should play with two strikers, especially against dross like Barnsley.

Couldn't agree more! This season is already better than the whole of last season! We need to have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day etc...... Brilliant to see Mills today and Thomson. The only tactical change needed in this team is 2 STRIKERS! Everything else is okay, we will survive, but we need goals. Two up front is an absolute necessity, I don't care which two - MCG/BWP/JOHN/PEKHART/PATERSON. Rotherham is an ideal opportunity to do this. We cannot go there on Tuesday and play with one striker - can we?

I thought mills looked out of his depth. Apart from one header running backwards, i didnt see anything in the performance that you coulddnt get anywhere on a sunday mornning

In which case he just made it look easy. You don't get players like Campbell-Ryce playing down at Fleming Park.

do you really believe Ipswich are one of the relegation teams Wes?

Read what I wrote again Nick. I said that we weren't good enough to beat two of the three probable relegation teams. Where did I say that Ipswich was one of them? The two that I was obviously referring to were Blackpool and Barnsley. The third on my list would be Doncaster who we play next week and naturally Rotherham will also be a big litmus paper on Tuesday. If we lose against them and Doncaster, then I believe that the fan base will start to lose patience with the board's weird experiment.

i think that is unfair, he was nervous in the first 20 but coped well with Campbell rice who caused us lots of problems last season.He of course was taken off and so Mills must have done quite well.They didnt make the headway that other teams have done down that wing recently.For a debut it was not that badIMO

Read what I wrote again Nick. I said that we weren't good enough to beat two of the three probable relegation teams. Where did I say that Ipswich was one of them? The two that I was obviously referring to were Blackpool and Barnsley. The third on my list would be Doncaster who we play next week and naturally Rotherham will also be a big litmus paper on Tuesday. If we lose against them and Doncaster, then I believe that the fan base will start to lose patience with the board's weird experiment.
soory Wes thatg is right but teams that we think may be in the relegation zone may be wide of the mark.Last season I would have thought BC would struggle, Blackpool got a great result at Brum and also Palace are down near us and that is a surprise.This league is not one to easily judge.

So many doom and gloom merchants on here! OK , we weren't great but last year under Burley we lost 1-0 at home to Barnsley.

Also,thought defence looked solid with Wotton and Perry in the middle.

However, how does BWP ever get a place? Thought Jake Thomson was far more effective when he came on and deserves a proper run in the team.

We could have won it if Lallana had scored towards the end.

We have to accept we have no money and we are stuck with the nippers until January at least - so stop whinging and get behind the lads!

It is going to be a difficult season but at least these players are trying (unlike the overpaid primadonnas of Burley's era!).

I'm off to Donny next week and will not be surprised to see us win!

I recollect two McCann free kicks and Devaney breaking down the right in injury time for 2-3.

Wes, I think that we EXPECTED Blackpool to be crap - but they weren't. They have just turned Birmingham over at home too (by the same 1 goal margin). Blackpool will categorically NOT be one of the relegation contenders.

The best thing for me about yesterday's game was that I got to make the most of the sunshine sitting in the Itchen. I was very disappointed with our play. We seemed to lack shape and the crisp fast passing I saw earlier this season was largely absent. Far too often we were hoofing it out of defence or from Kelvin's drop kicks instead of building from the back. Granted our building from the back has not produced the points we all want but I thought it was worth sticking with as it showed great promise once our team had a bit more experience. What we had yesterday was neither one thing or the other.

Surman was ineffective, Gillett tried hard but seemed tired and likely to get sent off for badly timed challenges. BWP showed one moment in the first half where he did more than I have ever seen him do before in his determination to get into the box but, that apart, seemed fairly ineffective. Was McGoldrick actually playing?

On the positives, Wotton and Lallana were good and I thought Mills did enough to keep Campbell Rice from getting too many good crosses in. And Cork was excellent.

I think we need to decide what style we're going to play. I prefer the passing game we started the season with but, if we're going to play hoof ball then we need John to start, possibly with Peckhart.

I think we are greatly missing Lee Holmes.

Harsh - very harsh - he was nowhere near as bad as that IMHO. He was not outstanding - just steady. A solid enough debut.

Lads,

Our boys were a complete rabble out there today. It was frightening. For most of the first half, there was a huge gap on the left side of our midfield in front of our debutant fullback. Wright-Phillips, McGoldrick and Pekhart all showed up there intermittently, but genuinely it was left unoccupied, forcing the play inside, which of course played into Barnsley's hands.

I've never seen a spectacle like it, at any level of football. Why wasn't Poortvliet roaring at someone - anyone - to get out there and stay there?

Yesterday was very distressing. I've only just moved over from Dublin; have watched the three games this week, but none at all since the Bury cup match before that. We could be in severe trouble here. Barnsley was dire and had no interest in trying to win the game; yet we were reliant on Iain Hume's ineptitude to avoid a calamity (and not for the first time this year).

The defence didn't look too clever considering the Tykes' impotence going forward. Perry saved the day several times; we'd have been lost without him, which is alarming.

This experiment is going badly wrong. Stern John must start the next game, and someone should put a rocket up Skacel's arse too.

I've never seen anything in McGoldrick. He was pony today. Wright-Phillips was worse than useless, just as he was on Wednesday. Pekhart is keen but is nowhere near a Championship striker on this evidence. Surman has regressed alarmingly. Cork has to learn how to kick the ball in a straight line.

Gillett and Lallana, along with Perry, were the only encouraging performers.

It's not looking good.

Lads,

Our boys were a complete rabble out there today. It was frightening. For most of the first half, there was a huge gap on the left side of our midfield in front of our debutant fullback. Wright-Phillips, McGoldrick and Pekhart all showed up there intermittently, but genuinely it was left unoccupied, forcing the play inside, which of course played into Barnsley's hands.

I've never seen a spectacle like it, at any level of football. Why wasn't Poortvliet roaring at someone - anyone - to get out there and stay there?

Yesterday was very distressing. I've only just moved over from Dublin; have watched the three games this week, but none at all since the Bury cup match before that. We could be in severe trouble here. Barnsley was dire and had no interest in trying to win the game; yet we were reliant on Iain Hume's ineptitude to avoid a calamity (and not for the first time this year).

The defence didn't look too clever considering the Tykes' impotence going forward. Perry saved the day several times; we'd have been lost without him, which is alarming.

This experiment is going badly wrong. Stern John must start the next game, and someone should put a rocket up Skacel's arse too.

I've never seen anything in McGoldrick. He was pony today. Wright-Phillips was worse than useless, just as he was on Wednesday. Pekhart is keen but is nowhere near a Championship striker on this evidence. Surman has regressed alarmingly. Cork has to learn how to kick the ball in a straight line.

Gillett and Lallana, along with Perry, were the only encouraging performers.

It's not looking good.

Are you me in disguise? ;)

Almost word for word what I would have written if I could've been bothered!

Couldn't agree more! This season is already better than the whole of last season! We need to have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day etc...... Brilliant to see Mills today and Thomson. The only tactical change needed in this team is 2 STRIKERS! Everything else is okay, we will survive, but we need goals. Two up front is an absolute necessity, I don't care which two - MCG/BWP/JOHN/PEKHART/PATERSON. Rotherham is an ideal opportunity to do this. We cannot go there on Tuesday and play with one striker - can we?

1-up front is not helping us, if we'd started with 2-up I think we'd have won although it was a poor performance. What was weird was JP sticking with 1-up when we were trailing to Blackpool. Still, can't be too critical of the bloke as it's an impossible job.

I am staggered by a lot of the posts on his board. There were many positives from yesterday. We now have full backs for starters. I thought Mills and Cork played well going forward and can defend.I dont think Barnsley had a shot at goal. Once we get Morgan back Surman can move up to the left side of the three in the 4..2..3..1. As for the manager, give the guy a break. He's got a very difficult job in the circumstances and is an honest bloke who calls it as it is. its much better than last year. This team will improve and a couple of wins this week should cheer us all up.:o

Oh dear, Oh dear. It's very sad, this team seemed to lack ideas, there were doing their best but frankly I was bored, and it's not very often, even when we are losing, that I say that.

Strange as it sounds for me the player most likely to score was Stern, he was only on for what 10mins? but his whole demeanour and positioning seemed to me to be likely to cause them problems.

I am staggered by a lot of the posts on his board. There were many positives from yesterday. We now have full backs for starters. I thought Mills and Cork played well going forward and can defend.I dont think Barnsley had a shot at goal. Once we get Morgan back Surman can move up to the left side of the three in the 4..2..3..1. As for the manager, give the guy a break. He's got a very difficult job in the circumstances and is an honest bloke who calls it as it is. its much better than last year. This team will improve and a couple of wins this week should cheer us all up.:o

Spot on comment - totally agree.

A dishonest answer to a dishonest question, then. Dunno what you are bleating about...

You mean no answer to your original quote "the happy clappies are doing more damage to our club than the negative fans". You take great delight in being negative and that is your choice but to quote something then not give a reason shows your lack of respect for others. It also means you have no answer to your original quote hence your deviation.

You mean no answer to your original quote "the happy clappies are doing more damage to our club than the negative fans". You take great delight in being negative and that is your choice but to quote something then not give a reason shows your lack of respect for others. It also means you have no answer to your original quote hence your deviation.

:smt015:smt015:smt015

Well I think the most important piece of information on this post match thread is the MoM poll

ONLY 72 people have voted

I would say apathy rules but can't be tossed

I think it's more a case of being very difficult to actually pick one from that performance. The best player on the field was Big Dave in the heart of the Barnsley defence but TBF he probably won't have an easier game all season. At a push I'd say our best player was Cork.

One of the worst games I've ever seen.

They were all bad, DMG probably the worst. Can't think of anyone who had a good game.

Atmosphere was terrible and the Northern was full of goormless kids. Very depressing.

According to the OS, Barnsley had 820 fans ? surely a typo, from where I was sitting it looked no more than about 200...

One of the worst games I've ever seen.

They were all bad, DMG probably the worst. Can't think of anyone who had a good game.

Atmosphere was terrible and the Northern was full of goormless kids. Very depressing.

According to the OS, Barnsley had 820 fans ? surely a typo, from where I was sitting it looked no more than about 200...

390 according to Radio Barnsley, who had also said that it looked about 200. Which means an improvement on our support from Wednesday! Numbers wise anyway.