• Wotton
    • Perry
    • Mills
    • Surman
    • DMG
    • Gillett
    • Lallana
    • Pekhart

Well i was at the game and what i saw was a team the couldnt pass the ball,couldnt take their chances and had no idea about trying to win a game.

Of course i am talking about Saints.

If this is total football,then you can shove it where the sun dont shine.

If we keep playing like this then expect the crowds to drop by at least another five thousand.

We were pants and if we cant beat a poor Barnsley side at home,then expect relegation.

Interesting - and is that because you only recognise the successful 'Premier League' version of SFC and not the lowely 'CCC, Division 1' version.

Nobody is happy about our predicament - you dont need to tell us the ramifications of 14000 crowds and the fact that we drew with the bottom club at home - we know.

No doubt when the 'entity' comes out of the other end of this dark tunnel and reaches the promised land again - you will be wanting to be part of the 'entity' once again.

What do you mean by "part of" ?

I am spending a large amount of my time following every step of the demise of SFC, and will do the same if a recovery starts in earnest too.

If I havent moved back by then, I wont exactly be attending, will I ?

Pretty football, retained the ball well but lacking in the final third.

We need to have more of a cutting edge up top and I still think we're trying to find the solution to this.

Special praise for Wotton today too. I thought he looked very solid and reliable playing at the back. Gets my vote for MOTM.

Just got back,what a shower of shi7e that was.

Devoid of ideas,tactical nous,skill and no ability to pass a ball.

No surprise the attendances are so poor,and on this performance their is no evidence that things are going to improve.

This is going to be a long and tough season ahead.

What do you mean by "part of" ?

I am spending a large amount of my time following every step of the demise of SFC, and will do the same if a recovery starts in earnest too.

If I havent moved back by then, I wont exactly be attending, will I ?

Unfortunately you tend to distance yourself from other posters due to your constant negativity and whinging on here.

I assumed that you weren't really too bothered about our current status and quite enjoyed the fact that we were struggling - again. If I am incorrect and do you a disservice then apologies - but I really don't understand why you continually come here whinging.

You are, without doubt, one of the most negative people I have ever encountered - who knows - maybe with good cause. But I can only assume that once (no matter how long that may take) things have turned around again - your negativity will also turn. And in turn - you will want to be a 'part of' supporting the club again.

Don't forget - things can (and probably will) get worse for SFC now - look a few years back and see what happened to Manchester City, they sank lower than us. However look at them now - probably one of the richest clubs in the world. Therefore there is no need to be constantly negative about the club - things can change you know.

Well I heard some good gossip today and maybe the assertion from Alpine isn't too far from the truth.

Was he in the dressing room before the QPR game, was he offering his input on team formation and tactics?????

Was he in the dressing room again today talking tactics????

And as for some more gossip, did anyone hear about the bust up with Webster and Magilton midweek??? Apparently it got lairy as Webster was pi5s5ed off that Magilton did not acknowledge his help in getting Wright to go to Ipswich.

As Lowe is away then I doubt that it is true today, but Im sure many will beleive he did it by webcam.

As Lowe is away then I doubt that it is true today, but Im sure many will beleive he did it by webcam.

So maybe you could find out if he was in the dressing room before the QPR match as this is what I heard when I caught up with someone at lunchtime today.

My little birdy said he was and that some found it very amusing, if not a tad surreal.

The ref what a front.

McG, thinks he is a super star now would not pick him.

Peckhart,on todays show has the touch of a rapist

Portaloo, tactics can't spell the word let alone know what it means.

Will not go on as the wife has just opened a nice bottle of red.

The ref what a front.

McG, thinks he is a super star now would not pick him.

Peckhart,on todays show has the touch of a rapist

Portaloo, tactics can't spell the word let alone know what it means.

Will not go on as the wife has just opened a nice bottle of red.

so you enjoyed it then

So maybe you could find out if he was in the dressing room before the QPR match as this is what I heard when I caught up with someone at lunchtime today.

My little birdy said he was and that some found it very amusing, if not a tad surreal.

I just have above. I reiterate he does go in to wish the team luck but never talks tactics.

I t depends who you want to beleive UMP

The stats are very deceiving. We were awful today.

With Pekhart in the team, we have turned back into a hoofing side, which is a shame as he is a good finisher - but I would rather he was left out if we are not going to continue with good football.

I think that is unfair, but we al have our opinions. Were either of the pen shouts valid? For me a goalscorer wants to shoot not go over when he has a chance to score.

I just have above. I reiterate he does go in to wish the team luck but never talks tactics.

Like I said a little piece of gossip, source : once removed from a first team player.

With the Runnymede minutes showing Lowe wanted the DOF position (and Cowen supporting this), it isn't difficult to believe that Lowe has assumed this position and is having an influence on the team.

Like I said a little piece of gossip, source : once removed from a first team player.

With the Runnymede minutes showing Lowe wanted the DOF position (and Cowen supporting this), it isn't difficult to believe that Lowe has assumed this position and is having an influence on the team.

Well mine comes a lot closer than that.

Do you know how things get twisted. A freind who I thought would know better to believe it knows someone who is a mate of a first teamer and he came away believing that things are so bad financially that the first team have ot take their own kit home to wash!!!

Guest Hacienda

You'd believe in Rupes even if he had the same fetish as Gary Glitter.

Well i was at the game and what i saw was a team the couldnt pass the ball,couldnt take their chances and had no idea about trying to win a game.

Of course i am talking about Saints.

If this is total football,then you can shove it where the sun dont shine.

If we keep playing like this then expect the crowds to drop by at least another five thousand.

We were pants and if we cant beat a poor Barnsley side at home,then expect relegation.

Spot on mate, it was total ****e.

Time for major re-think of the way we play as it just does not work.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

You'd believe in Rupes even if he had the same fetish as Gary Glitter.

That would certainly be true of some on here :smt060:smt060

I have to chuckle when I look back at the Total Football threads and ow this lower league manager , coupled with some failed Chairman were going to take us to the next level.

I have to chuckle, because it is so depressing what is happening to my team (if not all too predictable).

i know how you feel but I have felt a lot worse.

that it is called a hangover but at least you enjoyed the night before.

i cannot remember a time when i have felt more worried about the future of my club, i was hoping to take my future grandchildren to see saints in the top flight

I have to chuckle when I look back at the Total Football threads and ow this lower league manager , coupled with some failed Chairman were going to take us to the next level.

I have to chuckle, because it is so depressing what is happening to my team (if not all too predictable).

Well you cannot put those claims down to me. Im goinng to try and get to the bottom of the Webster thing and make a couple of calls.I should know by next week and let you know UMP

It's so depressing saying 'I told you so'

that it is called a hangover but at least you enjoyed the night before.

i cannot remember a time when i have felt more worried about the future of my club, i was hoping to take my future grandchildren to see saints in the top flight

You still will be able to but not in the PL. You and I have both have Man U relegated as well as Spurs ,Chelsea etc etc.We just have got relegated at the worst possible time when the reassurence of Pompey and big money buying PL clubs.

As I am back under the Hospital with it should I stop going.

And so should I because it is so ficuking soul destroying and frustrating.

The missus, the goldfish and the pot plant have all been given an earful this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off out in a moment for a 40th in some dive down East Street where the house doubles are supposedly £1.50 a pop.

Expect some lairy posts come midnight LOL.

What is worrying is that we have only played three teams who are regarded as "potential" promotion contenders; Cardiff, Birmingham and QPR. We are struggling to beat the Barnsley's and Blackpool's of this league, so god help us when we play Wolves, Reading, Charlton et al.

Also, people are calling for a "new" style of play, yet JP only knows this total football rubbish, he isn't experienced enough whatsoever in any other forms of the game. I feel sorry for him, because at the moment it's all a bit of a joke.

And so should I because it is so ficuking soul destroying and frustrating.

The missus, the goldfish and the pot plant have all been given an earful this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off out in a moment for a 40th in some dive down East Street where the house doubles are supposedly £1.50 a pop.

Expect some lairy posts come midnight LOL.

Next doors cat runs when I get home now

Are you serious? I admit I haven't been to any games this season, but f**kin' 'ell, just how entertaining was this 0-0 against Barnsley, 0-1 against Blackpool, 1-4 against QPR etc?

2 points from 4 home games so far and you are saying it's a big improvement on last year.

This time last year we had been absolutly spanked once or twice where as this year the scoreline for the qpr game IMO flatters qpr as the last 2 goals were when we were still pushing to get back level.

I didnt see anything in the 1st 10 games last year that suggested we were moving in the right direction as much as i wanted to.

so although the points dont show an improvment which in all honestly is where it counts, the type of play again IMO is an improvment.

Right now its got more holes than a sieve and barring not being able to score today our defence (and I mean the whole team) will be our biggest weekness. Clean sheet will do us good but better teams than barnsley will just expose our weekness'.

So we do need to improve for us to do OK this year but even if things stay as they are I think we will be safe sooner than we were last year which is still an improvment.

+

We played them off the park. We now have two full backs and what looked like a pretty solid and organised defence. We just didn't get the goals we deserved. Much better than Ipswich.

-

DMG should bring his deck chair and shades next time though. Actually can we all try to keep the noise levels down when he is trying to get a kip. Gillett tried very hard but a few passes did go astray. Need shooting and crossing practice. Leave men up for corners. Dyer should have got a run with his pace for the last 15 minutes or so.

You still will be able to but not in the PL. You and I have both have Man U relegated as well as Spurs ,Chelsea etc etc.We just have got relegated at the worst possible time when the reassurence of Pompey and big money buying PL clubs.

and that is meant to make be feel better, my wifes family are born again skates , or wear the shirt anyway, it is really fu*king depressing

This time last year we had been absolutly spanked once or twice where as this year the scoreline for the qpr game IMO flatters qpr as the last 2 goals were when we were still pushing to get back level.

I didnt see anything in the 1st 10 games last year that suggested we were moving in the right direction as much as i wanted to.

so although the points dont show an improvment which in all honestly is where it counts, the type of play again IMO is an improvment.

Right now its got more holes than a sieve and barring not being able to score today our defence (and I mean the whole team) will be our biggest weekness. Clean sheet will do us good but better teams than barnsley will just expose our weekness'.

So we do need to improve for us to do OK this year but even if things stay as they are I think we will be safe sooner than we were last year which is still an improvment.

do you really believe that

and that is meant to make be feel better' date=' my wifes family are born again skates , or wear the shirt anyway, it is really fu*king depressing[/quote']Well dont blame me for marrying below yourself.Every dog has its day and I doubt you never game them a bit when things were going well

My personal ratings for Saints v Barnsley :

K Davis 5 - Difficult to rate because he had very little to do , although his kicking did seem a little 'off' today FWIW .

J Cork 6 - Guarded the RB position effectively enough , not really an attacking full back yet for my money .

P Wotton 5 - Useful honest squad player , but no more than that .

C Perry 7 MOTM - Textbook example of how the Centre Back position should be played . I wish we'd kept Lucketti to with hindsight .

M Mills 6 - A few difficult moments early on but soon adjusted to the pace of 1st team football , going to be a good player I reckon . :)

S Gillett 5 - Keen as mustard but lacks the strength or ability needed to dominate the midfield at this stage .

D Surman 6.5 - Clearly much happier & a better player back in his natural position , he should remain there IMO .

BWP 3.5 - It will come as no surprise to experienced BWP watchers to learn that he was gash . A 20 minute sub player at best .

A Lallana 7 - Technically the best player on the pitch by a country mile , his size & inexperience the only things holding him back .

DMG 6.5 - Intermittently bright & sunny but with long dull periods the outlook for this player remains problematic to forecast .

T Peckhart 4.5 - A blunt instrument his touch was way off today , on this evidence he's miles off Premier league standard for now .

Substitutes :

S John 6 - Brought on far too late we looked a more dangerous team for his presence .

J Thomson 4.5 - Looked pretty lightweight to be honest , managed to be little better than BWP (which is quite a achievement) .

Summary :

Watching the Saints this week has been a pretty depressing experience in all honesty , if we're looking for positives we defended quite well today but that might just as well be because Barnsley were awful rather than any real improvement by our team . After a bright start we faded away (stop me if you've heard this before) and the game descended into a dull scrap which big brutes such as Darren Moore found easy enough to cope with .

A brave and correct decision to start with young Mills and move Surman back to midfield was undermined by the coach's refusal to bring on Stern John earlier when it was perfectly obvious that Peckhart was struggling . For my money we need to revert to 4-4-2 before it's too late .

You have to ask yourself if we can't beat a poor team like Barnsley at home then where exactly are the next points coming from ?

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE