iPhone snag

Thedelldays

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

My daughter's friend's iPhone did it whilst I was jailbreaking it for her. Needless to say she was less than impressed.

I shall ask her tomorrow how she fixed it.

• 4 weeks later...
I am having probs with my downloaded Apps.

When I tap them they breifly appear then go back to the main page!

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Cheers

Are u using the latest iPhone software. Secondly have you fully switched off and back on the phone sometimes it means a memory issue and needs a reboot

Hi JL

Yes I only just bought the Iphone 3gs two weeks ago and downloaded the latest i tunes so I would think that the phone would be using the latest software since its last sync.

I have turned it off and on several times since the issue developed but now I cant get any of the downloaded apps to work.

would be greatful for any tips on how to resolve this though.

Cheers

You can back up your photos and that on iTunes first (I'm sure, though I've never bothered tbh) or just drag them to a folder on the PC. Obviously any music, apps, etc. are on iTunes and will reload when it syncs anyway - assuming they actually go anywhere when it restores.

I'm guessing that, like any other PC, it's just got its knickers in a knot through constantly loading applications without restarting the device after each installation. If the restore doesn't cure it then there might be a firmware/hardware issue.

I am having probs with my downloaded Apps.

When I tap them they breifly appear then go back to the main page!

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Cheers

County, I have the same problem from time to time... a Sync with iTunes seems to cure it as opposed to a full restore.

You don't need to sync or connect to iTunes or anything to rectify this. You will find that it only does this on 3rd Party Apps, not any of the pre-installed Apps. It's to do with how the device does a check that it's a validly installed and authorised App. All you need to do is launch the App Store, then install a new App (any free one will do) and it will re-authorise all of the Apps. You can then delete the newly installed App (or not) if you don't want it.

A sync with iTunes has the same result because it's automatically checking/authorising the iPhone, but if you're away from your computer then just install an App!

You don't need to sync or connect to iTunes or anything to rectify this. You will find that it only does this on 3rd Party Apps, not any of the pre-installed Apps. It's to do with how the device does a check that it's a validly installed and authorised App. All you need to do is launch the App Store, then install a new App (any free one will do) and it will re-authorise all of the Apps. You can then delete the newly installed App (or not) if you don't want it.

A sync with iTunes has the same result because it's automatically checking/authorising the iPhone, but if you're away from your computer then just install an App!

A big thanks to all you guys for your help on this one as it has been bugging the hell out of me!