Note to the Club. LOWER ticket prices.

Colinjb

I don’t think our poor attendances are anything to do with the cost of going - its about winning. If were top of the league we would get around 25,000 for today’s game against Barnsley.

If we were still in the premiership we would be averaging 28,000 with fans paying £35- £40.

“ I’m not paying £24 to watch Saints in the championship” no, but if we were top of the league you would.

Of course the poor attendances are something to do with the cost of going. If we were in the Premiership, we might be paying £35 - £40, but we would be watching Manchester United, Chelski, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. Not only are teams like that packed with World class players, but if we were in the Premiership, even our team would include some golden nuggets as well as the kids; we would have to. But because the stadium would be nearly full every match, the ST sales would soar, bringing down the per match cost.

Being top of the league would certainly make it more tolerable to pay £24 per match, especially as there would be the prospect of kissing goodbye to the fizzy pop league, but paying £24 to watch our team of youngsters promoted to the first team often before their time, mixed with a few ageing journeymen, playing the likes of Barnsley, Blackpool and Doncaster is not my idea of value for money. Add to this the fact that we have already lost a game against the sort of poor opposition that we should be beating and that at home too and the cost element becomes paramount.

Amesbury Saint came up with a range of sensible suggestions for special offers that might encourage better attendances. There is no reason why the club shouldn't expect something in return for the increased attendances such as a qualifying number of extra people/children, but to assume as Lowe seemingly does that nothing can be done to maximise attendances apart from winning games is short-sighted in the extreme.

The time for action is sooner rather than later, as those who begin staying away will get into the habit of it and more difficult to get back.

but to assume as Lowe seemingly does that nothing can be done to maximise attendances apart from winning games is short-sighted in the extreme.

The time for action is sooner rather than later, as those who begin staying away will get into the habit of it and more difficult to get back.

I also fear that if we just sit back and wait until we go on a winning streak, then we might be waiting a long time!!!!

I do think we need to come up with some other way of getting bums on seats, but fear that many strategies might well ****5 off the most loyal of supporters i.e. the season ticket holders.

In the short term, I'm sure many season ticket holders wouldn't mind seeing the benefits of a full stadium, but come renewal time next year, I'm sure it might make some of them think twice about renewing knowing they might get undercut again.

What is certainly missing is an esprit de corps, a sense of togetherness engendered by the Club and that's something I don't think either Lowe or Wilde can pull off. If anything they're divisive and do more harm than good.

I also fear that if we just sit back and wait until we go on a winning streak, then we might be waiting a long time!!!!

I do think we need to come up with some other way of getting bums on seats, but fear that many strategies might well ****5 off the most loyal of supporters i.e. the season ticket holders.

In the short term, I'm sure many season ticket holders wouldn't mind seeing the benefits of a full stadium, but come renewal time next year, I'm sure it might make some of them think twice about renewing knowing they might get undercut again.

What is certainly missing is an esprit de corps, a sense of togetherness engendered by the Club and that's something I don't think either Lowe or Wilde can pull off. If anything they're divisive and do more harm than good.

Ump a very valid post. I myself as a s/t holder dont give a monkeys if the club reduced the prices to help fill the ground and os enhance my match day enjoyment. The only problem comes as far as I can see is that when the club puts the prices back up again it is seen as a negative. The club can't win. I do like the idea of kids for a quid accompanied by a full paying adult. if they made the Chapel end family only and laid on more things for the kids in the concourse that may also generate money but also more interest for the kids. The fans in the chapel might like the idea of moving but again for the greater good it should perhaps be tried.

instead of reducing each game, they should offer incentives instead, for example, the tickets for all games upto december are currently on sale, why not offer a reduced rate if you buy say 3 games in one transaction. Say, £24 each for first 2 games then £12 for the third, or similar. Would get much better response imo

To be honest i wasn't going to do many homes this season anyway, but with Lowe back at the club i won't be doing any.

As for the club not being able to survive without ripping off fans well tough **** then. Saints is a PLC who's sole purpose is to make smug arseholes like Lowe rich so forgive me if i no longer see it as an obligation to rally behind the club and part with my cash to help the cause.

And it's not just SFC. Football accross the board is rotten to the core with greedy little people like Lowe wanting their noses in the trough and mega bucks glory supporters clubs ruling the roost. The whole professional game died in the early 90's.

The topline sums it up. I know of a group of nippers at work who were ofered 6 tickets at a tenner each, but all 6 didnt go as woops is around. Alot of people will not pay 2 quid as long as woopert is here

The topline sums it up. I know of a group of nippers at work who were ofered 6 tickets at a tenner each, but all 6 didnt go as woops is around. Alot of people will not pay 2 quid as long as woopert is here

Not being funny or anything but that is a lame excuse. I support the team not who is upstairs. I dont like RL much but there isnt much i can do about it

Not being funny or anything but that is a lame excuse. I support the team not who is upstairs. I dont like RL much but there isnt much i can do about it

At no point did I condone it, im just telling you some maybe even alot of fans will not attend with RL at the helm. You may not like it but thats the truth

You might well be ****ed off but you wouldn't be entitled to a refund any more than a person that buys a car on HP brand new is who then discovers there is a better deal on the car a few months down the line.

The club refund pro rata the number of games left on the ticket if you take it back.

is that nippers as in kids of below 16 ?

I dont know why the club would be selling to adults for a tenner.

If they are stupid enough not to go because of RL then why are we debating bringing prices down.

If they are stupid enough not to go because of RL then why are we debating bringing prices down.

But why is it stupid?

For some it is a perfectly reasonable position to hold, in that Lowe and others have reduced this Club to a shell of it's former self.

Football has itself changed from the game I started out watching 30 years ago, and our club has also changed (for the worse) over recent years, and I'm not just talking about performances.

I feel no real affinity with any of the players and I have lost some of my affinity for the Club. It may of course be more down to me, but I would also argue that our Club has moved away from its supporters (just as maybe a number of clubs have).

Football as a whole appears to have moved away from it's core supporters and I think we as a Club have had to suffer more trials tribulations on top of that.

Given all that, I don't think it's unreasonable for some to give up going, particularly when the main architect of our own woes has rocked back up. I can easily see why some have said "Fccuk it and fcucuk him".

But why is it stupid?

For some it is a perfectly reasonable position to hold, in that Lowe and others have reduced this Club to a shell of it's former self.

Football has itself changed from the game I started out watching 30 years ago, and our club has also changed (for the worse) over recent years, and I'm not just talking about performances.

I feel no real affinity with any of the players and I have lost some of my affinity for the Club. It may of course be more down to me, but I would also argue that our Club has moved away from its supporters (just as maybe a number of clubs have).

Football as a whole appears to have moved away from it's core supporters and I think we as a Club have had to suffer more trials tribulations on top of that.

Given all that, I don't think it's unreasonable for some to give up going, particularly when the main architect of our own woes has rocked back up. I can easily see why some have said "Fccuk it and fcucuk him".

All ver valid points. Football has changed and so have we. Do I hold any player in esteem anymore? No, too many times have I been disappointed as they have left for pastures new, from Channon and Davies through to KK and shearer. not since MLT have I allowed myself to feel that way about a player since and that has helped me accept things now.The day I smashed the tv control in temper after we let a late goal in at Bolton I knew it was stupid.i enjoy the football as I can pass time with people who follow the same team and talk football, combined with going ith my daughter. so if RL is chairman, what does it really matter, if he was Gaydamak and his background would I really worry sadly probably not. I followed them when the worst was there who has now sneaked backwards but still taking the rewards GA. So i cant myself understand those people as i cant understand why they were so happy to go to Cardiff and fill the ground in the PL. Yes some do not go because of RL but most dont go because we are not playing in the PL

Our attendances and more importantly, income from gate receipts have been going down irrespective of whether Lowe has been there or not. You get fans bleating about ticket prices and in the next breath about not signing players. It's very simple, you either support your club or others that do so will end up above you. You get all this ****** about Saints having a great fan base, where in reality we are on a par with Birmingham. There are a lot of clubs within the CCC that do have a great fan base and that will give that club every opportunity to out perform us.

Yes some do not go because of RL but most dont go because we are not playing in the PL

I totally agree that most people are not going because we're either not in the top flight or not winning, but I'm also sure there are some who are not going for the reasons I stated.

And my reply was in response to you and the other poster saying that not going for that reason was "stupid" or that it was a "lame excuse".

For some, I don't think it is either, for the reasons I outlined.

I totally agree that most people are not going because we're either not in the top flight or not winning, but I'm also sure there are some who are not going for the reasons I stated.

And my reply was in response to you and the other poster saying that not going for that reason was "stupid" or that it was a "lame excuse".

For some, I don't think it is either, for the reasons I outlined.

You are correct there, not are all stupid for not going but only a fraction realy are not going due to Lowe its a cop out IMO